forum

[Archived] How can I convert Huion420 area into hawku's driver?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BAKKALO
Hi!
I get a new computer recently and I would like to pass onto hawku's tablet driver. I currently have a huion420 and I always use their shit driver but unfortunely it doesn't give us the actual size and only give ratios. I literally don't know how I should convert it and I'm hoping for some help -w-

area in ratios:
WorkAreaRatio_Left=0.286550
WorkAreaRatio_Right=0.717349
WorkAreaRatio_Top=0.224852
WorkAreaRatio_Bottom=0.644970

area in huion driver:
https://i.imgur.com/ubul5FP.png

thanks in advance!
Death
Not sure what units hawku's drivers use, but based on the picture it kind of just looks like all of those ratios are percentages of the total width and height offset from the left and top of your tablet.

In other words (using round numbers for clarity), if the maximum height your tablet's active area can get is 100mm, the bottom of your tablet area would be would be ~65mm from the top of your tablet, and the top of your area would be ~22mm from the top. So the height would be 23mm total.

I've read that it is more complicated than this though, so you might need to do a little more work.
Topic Starter
BAKKALO

Death wrote:

Not sure what units hawku's drivers use, but based on the picture it kind of just looks like all of those ratios are percentages of the total width and height offset from the left and top of your tablet.

In other words (using round numbers for clarity), if the maximum height your tablet's active area can get is 100mm, the bottom of your tablet area would be would be ~65mm from the top of your tablet, and the top of your area would be ~22mm from the top. So the height would be 23mm total.

I've read that it is more complicated than this though, so you might need to do a little more work.

What a nice answer.
I'll try later when I will be free.
Thanks a lot for the explain. :)