forum

Exercises for finger control?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
the ball man
I spent the last 2 months playing stream maps non-stop every day but i could improve only by 10bpm-ish.
Right now I can "stream" 130 bpm but i really have a lot of problems controlling my fingers.
I played a lot of maps with high bpm bursts that i could do with some effort and I also tried deathstream maps (they didn't help at all). I also did some finger stretching as well as finger and arm exercises but i really can't gain that much stamina and speed.
I also tried alternating but ended up pressing 2 times the index key and 1 time the middle key and now i'm stuck with this type of "Double Alternating".
Hope y'all could help me because i really need some advice.
-Alex
Ayayano
For me finger control came naturally because I play the piano which though the keys are heavier than most keyboards does require control.

Assuming u dont have a piano on hand I would recommend trying to tap as gently as possible, focusing on not just hitting them but touching them with care or something.

You might find that you will accidentally not even press the key resulting in a shitmiss but hopefully you will find a balance after practice that allows you to be consistent.
- euphoria -
play maps with lots of different tapping patterns like triples/5 notes/streams and especially those with lots of doubles/quads, at a bpm slightly above your comfortable range.