forum

I'm not going to abandon my Maps! - A Returning Mapper's Request

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xierra
Hello, everyone! Xierra here.

I'm not actually a new member, but I'd like to re-introduce myself because it's been that long since I was active (I've been on hiatus for half a decade). Almost made this thread in the Introductions section too. Whoops. Anyway, let's begin.

My name is Xierra, college student in the late years. I live in Jakarta, Indonesia, and I have a hobby of beatmapping maps from Vocaloid / Touhou that have never been ranked before. I have a few maps that are in the graveyard for years, and I am very happy to find that there are people who found my map within and gave hypes and loves. Especially for my first ever real effort into mapping: First Love Academy * School of True Love - Nem and Shiryoku Kensa - 40mP. To those of you who do, thank you so much. Every single one of you who did has convinced me to not abandon these maps. I plan to pull these from the graveyard, and finally get right into getting modded. But before that, I need some convincing.

I could help with getting me up to speed with what's changed with the forums and website since 2015, the new Hype system. I need some fair judgement before I pull my maps off the graveyard and probably start modding too. Take a look at my newest beatmap from a featured artist, Lunatic Set 12 ~ Pure Furies - Rin, currently only in Normal as of the initial post, in my efforts of de-rusting my mapping experience and please tell me if I'm good enough at least on the mapping itself. Thank you for reading!
Aiseca
Sure, no problem~~~

EDIT: please remove them from the grave so I can at least hype and mod the maps a little thanks.
Topic Starter
Xierra

Aiseca wrote:

Sure, no problem~~~

EDIT: please remove them from the grave so I can at least hype and mod the maps a little thanks.

I know. Start with the one I posted just recently. I need some convincing atm. Once I finished mapping my new map and looks "complete" enough to be modded by most people, I'll come rolling back to my maps from the graveyard. This is to make sure I am at my prime when I come back to those maps. :)
Aiseca
Wow......
If that works for you fine. But if the map is ungraved, you can PM me to look at them.
Topic Starter
Xierra

Aiseca wrote:

Wow......
If that works for you fine. But if the map is ungraved, you can PM me to look at them.

Many thanks, Aiseca. I'll make sure to PM you when I pull those maps from the graveyard. ^^
abraker
Wait, graveyarded maps can't be hyped and modded?!?
levesterz

abraker wrote:

Yes and no
Topic Starter
Xierra

abraker wrote:

To be honest, I don't know how I got those hypes even though they are in the graveyard. A swan song when the new website first started its run, graveyarded maps can be hyped? I'm surprised myself!

Still, that is a clear sign someone wants me to go back. :)
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/70828 <- Shiryoku Kensa is back from the grave! (That one hype is new)
abraker
idk why it should make a difference whether a map is graveyarded or not if you are looking at the beatmap upon request from the mapper.
Aiseca

abraker wrote:

idk why it should make a difference whether a map is graveyarded or not if you are looking at the beatmap upon request from the mapper.

It only means you need to get yourself into modding more to understand the thing.
abraker
But try to explain
ColdTooth
points! oh wait wrong thread
Topic Starter
Xierra
A friend told me what's up. First Love Academy * School of True Love - Nem has 21 hypes because it is migrated and accumulated from the old SP system, that being +105 -> 21 Hype.