forum

[added] Show graveyard maps playcount

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +60
Topic Starter
DaReDiUs
When I started to play Osu!, as everyone I searched for my favourite songs too, and most times those were graveyard. I saw many maps what have 50, 100 and 500 favourites, but they're still in that certain place called graveyard, because they're not that good. (Im talking about good timing, playable maps)

I was thinking about that, to show the playcount in the maps what at least have 15 fav, maybe connect to 5 hype because the beatmap creators are working on their map so much, they get many favs, but they can't see how the peoples enjoying their work.

Thanks for reading!
Keiga
Graveyard =/= Bad, it's just they haven't been updated in a while (28 days).
Not sure about your suggestion but I think tracking playcount on unranked maps in Graveyard is a little bit of a weird idea. Why not track non-Graveyarded maps? Graveyarded maps have usually been given up on by their creators in terms of development.
Also, it might be a little heavy on the server considering the amount of maps that fit your criteria.
Topic Starter
DaReDiUs
Soo you say that; Every graveyard beatmap is just neglected , or bad...

There is many beatmap what have full set, and actually fun to play, because people does like it, give favs, hype to it. If just someone, anyone enjoy a map, it means that's isn't that bad, isn't it? Then what about 100 people?^^

Im just trying to say that, many and many graveyard maps are undervalued.
Keiga
Uh... I literally just said the opposite of what you think I said. I said 'Graveyard =/= Bad', in words being 'Graveyard doesn't equal bad'.
By neglected I just mean they're probably not going for ranked anymore and won't be updated in the future.

I didn't say I'm against your idea - it'd be nice, sure - but I just raised a few points about it, which you didn't reply to. :<
abraker
I'd like to see this request here: https://github.com/ppy/osu-web/issues

and for pending maps too