forum

Individual Help/Assistance with Improving

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ooq
According to Tillerino, these maps (~5.4/5.5*) maps are what I should be FCing. I've been playing on and off for about 4 years, and now I'm just trying to get better before I have to ship off for the military. I have a huge problem with slider breaks and individual jumps, and I don't know if my timing is right. Anyone with a lot of experience helping or anyone with any tips at ALL that could say something regarding this is encouraged. See attached replay for details, and the skin is what I used while playing this map (for anyone who is interested, and yes I am used to this skin so there's no problem there). Thank you for your time and help (^: also be careful and make sure you know how to use Mediafire, there are some out there who get confused and don't know which "Download" button to press. Use at your own risk.

Replay
Skin
boblint
It looks like you are snapping really far off sometimes and I don't know your dpi/area for whatever input device you are using. If your DPI is too high or area is too small, you could lower sens/make area bigger for more consistency. I think your tapping is fine tho just mainly over/under aiming for most breaks.
--alice
If you're serious about looking for a coach, I can highly recommend MarthXT (https://osu.ppy.sh/users/2909663). He watched me play for an hour or two and gave me a bunch of tips on what areas I need to improve and how to improve them. When he initially coached me roughly 5 weeks ago, I was 48k rank, and since then I've climbed to almost 4 digits! Can't promise that you'd have the same results, but I gotta say it worked for me.

Also, looking at your profile, you definitely need to play more! Unless you do a lot of offline/unranked stuff, you aren't playing enough to see rapid improvement imo.
Vlek
How much does one need to play to Noticeably improve
is 15-20 hours a week a decent practice time?

I mostly play maps with alot of jumps or alot of streams, to improve those.
But i want to become consistent with 4*s like i am with 3*s(98% acc FC plays with quite ease)
Topic Starter
ooq
Thanks for all the help and recommendations!

Vlek: Just be consistent. Don't play to get better, play to be strong. I posted this thread to learn how to replay at my rank because I made the mistake of playing for skills for so long. I love to play 6-8* maps, but that ruined my pp consistency. Just keep going, you're doing great!