forum

I've become way better, but way less consistent

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
subahibi
So basicly 3 weeks ago i accidently fc'd a map out of my comfort zone and decided that i should try some maps on this diff lvl (around 5.8* in particullar) so in 2 weeks i went from #100k to #65k and became way better
but suddenly i can't get any good combo on any map, even low 5* ones and any FC now is litterally almost imposible. I can fc jumps that i couldn't week ago, but gaining combo is different story, i often miss at end of jumps no matter if it is 5* or 6*

How i can fix my consistency?

Is taking long break good idea?

Am i overthinking things?

Is god real?
TMrex
Maybe consider taking a break for a little while to refresh your reading, or maybe play a wider variety of maps to expose yourself to more patterns and such which can help with your consistency.
lewski

glad I could at least help with one of your questions
Lights
Grind easy-for-you 4-5* maps for a little while after a short break to rebuild consistency.
lewski
Real answer:

Like the other two said, play all kinds of maps at a level of difficulty where you can FC or almost FC them comfortably. Filtering the maps to a certain SR range and just selecting random maps can help with that. Additionally, make sure to keep your retries to a minimum and play all the way through each map. Longer maps are also far better for building consistency than short ones.

Make sure to take breaks while playing, especially if you get frustrated. It's also not as if you need to completely limit yourself to easy maps; it's completely fine to play more challenging/exciting maps when you inevitably get bored.