forum

[Archived] New Monitor, fullscreen not working properly.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Violet-Fox
Problem details:
The video is pretty self explanatory, going fullscreen goes to my old monitor and makes my new monitor go black, using shift+windows+arrow just swaps which one goes black and which one isn't, the monitor is set to main in both display settings and nvidia control panel, display in user.cfg isn't changing anything, and osu! is the only game that seems to be doing this

Main Monitor: 1080p 144hz
Left Monitor: 1080p 60hz
Right TV: 768p 60hz

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/WGw4pPODoN4

EDIT: Longer video with more weird effects: https://youtu.be/6k9XJMRcaks

I've also tried plugging in my TV shown in the second video and fullscreen drops to 1fps with only it and my main monitor plugged in, having no other monitors plugged in doesn't give the issue

osu! version: Stable 20190513.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Seems to be some funky behaviour with new Nvidia drivers. What GPU do you have, and what driver version?
Topic Starter
Violet-Fox

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Seems to be some funky behaviour with new Nvidia drivers. What GPU do you have, and what driver version?

I have the latest drivers on an RTX 2070, every other game enters fullscreen normally and still lets me use my other monitors
MysticSeagull
I am also having the same issue, I have GTX 1070 TI. I'm running windows 10 and Osu! current stable version.

--edit: Only fix I have for it for now is to unplug my one monitor
Jaeru
same issue here, only fix i can tell you is to unplug your second monitor or use compatibility mode
Arancino
same problem here, it is two days i use windowed fullscreen
D:
Topic Starter
Violet-Fox
my main monitor is 144hz using DP and second is 60hz using hdmi, compatibility mode doesnt seem to work (cant find intel graphics even though im using an i7 8700), and can't record live because i get terrible frame drops recording 60fps over 60hz without being fullscreen