forum

Same accuracy but different score?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sublime
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/470405#osu/1005743

On the hard difficulty, there are no spinners and the top 5 people have the same mods and accuracy. 1st place, Lilily, surpasses 2nd places', meR maR, score even though meR maR achieved this score first.

The others that have the same mods and accuracy did not get a higher score when they achieved the same thing at a later time.

Not sure if there was some sort of update, but why is this the case?
xenal
Auto gets the normal score, not beating Lilily. I don't recall a score change that was reverted at the end of last year and I'm not seeing anything in the changelog to confirm it. If you watch the replay (could be replay issue on my side, replay system isn't perfect), but there is a slider break at 500 combos. Now I'm questionning the legitimacy of the play.
Topic Starter
Sublime

xenal wrote:

Auto gets the normal score, not beating Lilily. I don't recall a score change that was reverted at the end of last year and I'm not seeing anything in the changelog to confirm it. If you watch the replay (could be replay issue on my side, replay system isn't perfect), but there is a slider break at 500 combos. Now I'm questionning the legitimacy of the play.

I'm questioning this replay as well. I've seen this person's name many times. It might be a replay glitch because I've seen that happen before.
dung eater
You could get extra score in sliders clicking the next object before slider ends or something.
Full Tablet
With 2 successive sliders, if the timing difference between the sliderend of the first and the sliderstart of the second is smaller than the timing window for hitting a sliderstart, you can get extra score by starting to press the second slider earlier compared to perfect timing, and then returning to the first slider (easier to do if both sliders are close to each other).
Topic Starter
Sublime

Full Tablet wrote:

With 2 successive sliders, if the timing difference between the sliderend of the first and the sliderstart of the second is smaller than the timing window for hitting a sliderstart, you can get extra score by starting to press the second slider earlier compared to perfect timing, and then returning to the first slider (easier to do if both sliders are close to each other).

Is this something new? Is there a youtube link where I can see this? I'm asking because I'm not sure how to search for this.
lewski
It's not new. Not sure about videos though since I couldn't find any with a couple quick google searches