forum

Accuracy value displayed incorrectly on profile page? [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WASSHOI
Here's my accuracy in game:

And in my profile:

Unless I'm missing something here, it seems like a glitch.

Or I could just suck more than I think I do, which is possible.
Last Remnant_old
Currently, accuracy you see on your profile is BETA accuracy, and accuracy ingame is accuracy calculated in the old way
Derekku
The new accuracy uses factors related to Performance.
Topic Starter
WASSHOI

Last Remnant wrote:

Currently, accuracy you see on your profile is BETA accuracy, and accuracy ingame is accuracy calculated in the old way
Getting 0.75% from 75.00% seems like too large a change in the accuracy formula, and I wouldn't have my doubts if it wasn't for the fact that the values are the same, just misplaced decimal. Just thought I'd post in case it is a glitch.

Derekku wrote:

The new accuracy uses factors related to Performance.
Oh okay, feel free to close the thread then.
Topic Starter
WASSHOI
Sorry for the double post but I'm really feeling like this is a glitch now and shouldn't go unnoticed. The moment I went from 75% to 76% in game my accuracy on the site jumped a full 76% in a matter of a day.

I just feel it should probably be looked into again. I know the site shows the beta accuracy and it's different from in game but having below 1% accuracy is kinda fishy.
Derekku
Again, it's because it's based off of pp. Check out how pp works and you'll see why it makes sense: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points

It seems like you're mostly playing Normal/Hard difficulties, and the pp on your profile only started recording today. Therefore, maps that you were previously playing weren't giving you pp and thus weren't giving you beta pp accuracy. That's why your accuracy jumped to a more sensible number.
Topic Starter
WASSHOI

Derekku wrote:

Again, it's because it's based off of pp. Check out how pp works and you'll see why it makes sense: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points

It seems like you're mostly playing Normal/Hard difficulties, and the pp on your profile only started recording today. Therefore, maps that you were previously playing weren't giving you pp and thus weren't giving you beta pp accuracy. That's why your accuracy jumped to a more sensible number.
Ah, alright. Just felt like double checking in case. Feeling as if this topic is just me coming off as being butthurt over >1% accuracy, but I really just wanted to point out something that looked suspicious just in case.