forum

Another improvement advice post (i guess?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kazuto_Hitori
So I've been playing this game for more than two years and my rank has been quite the same for more than a year. Still a 6 digit rank player. I see people who started 6 months or an year ago and then still getting better at the game quickly and surpassing my rank quite easily. I know everyone doesn't improve the same way and all but I kinda feel like I haven't been improving at all for the past year. I'd like to know your perspective in regard to this matter.

(also mouse player btw. And i play all 4 modes. Just need advice in standard cause I'm struggling there)

Edit: Don't say "play more" cause that should be quite obvious. I'm looking for some views on this matter.
PinkNightmares
play more
Topic Starter
Kazuto_Hitori

B1oody wrote:

play more

Yep. The most effective method.
MisakiTobisawa-
This is going to sound stupid coming from a pp farmer, but here are my thoughts.

A lot of people will tell you to

B1oody wrote:

play more
but play more what? Play whatever you find fun. The purpose of a game is to enjoy it, right? If you want to improve, play what you find fun since you will be more inclined to try harder on songs or maps you like. You should naturally become better at the game. There is no real evidence that tablets are better than mice, in fact some people find playing with a mouse more comfortable. That brings me to my second point, play whatever you find comfortable (sometimes). For example, I suck at streams, so I play jump maps. However, I'm not very fast, so I'm learning to play faster jump maps. You're not going to improve by leaning too much to either side, of course (only playing maps in your comfort zone or maps which are too hard for you), but just try to find a balance and go at your own pace. Finally, you shouldn't really compare your rank to your skill. Some 50k players can beat 20k players in a multiplayer match depending on the map. Furthermore, I don't personally compare my rank with other people. I just play the game to have fun by myself.

These are my thoughts and may not apply to you or everyone. If what I said isn't helpful, there's one fact to keep in mind. Improving at anything takes time and effort. If no one can help you, help yourself. This is all I can say with my (very limited due to being a farmer) experience, but good luck!
Juuuuuuuuul

Kazuto_Hitori wrote:

I'd like to know your perspective in regard to this matter.
Mine is simple : As long as i have fun clicking circles, slow improvement/no improvement is not an issue at all.
Download A LOT of beatmaps (~10k), and play new stuff every days, no matter the difficulty.
--alice
If you're looking for improvement, make sure you're playing maps that are slightly above your comfort level. It looks like your accuracy is quite decent for your rank, but definitely challenge yourself more when it comes to what maps you chooses to play. Also, although you don't want to hear it, you do need to play more (assuming your game mode playtime is relatively even, you are not playing nearly enough to see quick improvement.) In that vein, I would suggest going for longer play sessions, maybe 4-8 hours of just osu standard. I find I see the most improvement when I go through very long sessions instead of regular short sessions. That's just me though :) good luck in your osu adventures!
Rikii
P L A Y M O R E .

People say that the best way for improving is through playing more and it's not for no reason. Learning curves for something (in this case clicking circle) is always vary for different people. So it is not the best thing to compare yourself to another imo.

Regardless, I would suggest you to just have fun in the game. Just don't pay to much attention to pp and rank. Play the song or map you like. Play with friends or finds ones if you don't have one like me. Jump into random multiplayer lobby. Spectate people around your rank play and see them fail so hard might be giving you the idea that you can do better than them.

Improving is not the same as ranking up, so don't get too frustrated when you are not playing good. That is the part of the process.
Ayayano
Apart from having fun and playing more, just make sure you arent reinforcing bad habits, idk what this means necessarily but perhaps things like grip/posture as well as being conscious about the maps you are playing or accuracy etc.
Topic Starter
Kazuto_Hitori
Guess i was being paranoid lol

But anyways thanks for the all the advice.

Guess I'll just play more :v