forum

[added] Approach rate on website

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +231
Topic Starter
Elfice
Title kinda says it all...it would be really nice to have AR visible on website, as it's one of two aspects people look at when choosing their maps (approach rate and overall difficulty). Since it's not there, people are always forced to go to editor and check what the AR whenever someone asks or whenever they need it.

As for myself, I somehow don't see any use for having circle size and hp drain on the website. Maybe it is used by mappers/modders, I don't know...anyway, there are few simple options how to handle this:
- remove one of these and replace with approach rate
- remove both of these, do minor styling changes and add approach rate
- do minor styling changes and fit all 4 there

I believe it wouldn't be such a problem to implement and MANY players would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time

Edit: based on one of following puushes, I played around with HTML and came with somehow acceptable solution (however, one of those graphs would need to get fixed a little)

Sakura
Hey for once i cant find a duplicate.

That being said, i'd agree with this, ever since the OD/AR split there's no indication of the beatmap's approach rate on the website, Support!
Mercurial
I have no enough starts to support this.
Marcin
Support ~~
Aqo
+1

why can't there just be a nice little table that shows all stats

Mirage
Just test my map, man.
Wishy
Map stats should be shown In-Game too. And this HAS BEEN suggested several times, don't know if this ever had a thread for it but I remember several posts asking for AR@map page.

Almost nobody cares about that stuff (objects, circles, sliders...), why not include AR/OD/CS/HP In-Game? You even got some room below that almost useless data to put it.
Aqo
I actually care about the objects count, don't remove that haha. It's useful on maps with multiple insane difficulties, lets you quickly spot which ones are stream-style, jump-style, etc.
Also it's just fun to see stuff like... http://osu.ppy.sh/s/48979 this map having 2000 objects, and 4:30 drain time - which means you need to press 7.3 buttons on average per second to pass it. wtf !
Wishy
Not saying it should be removed though. I do use that data sometimes too but still the other is way more important.
Sonez_old
Support, loading up the editor just to check ar is a real pain for people in fullscreen
MillhioreF

Wishy22 wrote:

Almost nobody cares about that stuff (objects, circles, sliders...), why not include AR/OD/CS/HP In-Game? You even got some room below that almost useless data to put it.
woc2006 said he'll add it after osz2 ^^
Topic Starter
Elfice
Issue is, that this should have been added ages ago...
mm201
My fault here. I was going to wait for osz2 which of course was "almost ready" at the time.
Rei Hakurei
hmmm don't forget for files/diffs that doesn't have "ApproachRate" field (i mean old .osu format), counted as OverallDifficulty .. (iirc)
Topic Starter
Elfice

mm201 wrote:

My fault here. I was going to wait for osz2 which of course was "almost ready" at the time.
Then do eeeeet :3 *runs*

Rei_Fan49 wrote:

hmmm don't forget for files/diffs that doesn't have "ApproachRate" field (i mean old .osu format), counted as OverallDifficulty .. (iirc)
These will have same Overall Difficult AND Approach Rate
Kola
Support >-<
Wafu
+1
Swatty
Supporting :)
ReVeNg3r
support,show it
Suimya
Support >w<
ReVeNg3r
Bump
why is this not added yet.
- O n i -
good request but you can tell what AR it is through just playing the game long enough
would be nice though
Rizumu Tenshi
Is this a bump...?

Anyway, I have to support this feature, and it needs to be added, as, if it ever happens, some people may be looking for AR9 maps, and they don't know who's AR9, who's AR8 and who's AR10 unless they download. And also some people cannot tell the AR so they're forced to:
  1. Go to the editor and see what's the AR
  2. Ask anyone who can tell what's the AR
Adding this will save time and highlights, I gotta say. Too bad I have 2 votes only D: Here's one
Yoshi_green
re-bump

Just a little bit more to add on... I'd suggest to stick with the same order of things. This feature (if it gets added), the CS/HP/AR/OD on the song selection screen in the Edit tab, and the HP/CS/AR/OD on the Difficulty tab of the beatmap editor should be in the same order, for the sake of consistency.x

But that's just my little bit of OCD.

I would totally support, if I had stars. I don't even spend any, so I'm not even sure why I have 0.
Shohei Ohtani
Quite literally I ran into this issue today. I was speccing someone testplaying my map and they asked me what my AR was. I didn't remember, so I looked on the thread, and it didn't have it ;A;
Freya
S..S..S..Support owob
kurufu
Having this in the client would be awesome. Considering we can search for it in the client why not just display it... somewhere? +1
Oinari-sama
AR display will be very useful in mp.

Current beatmap listing isn't very easy to read when one needs those vital information in limited timeframe. A rework to group and display AR/CS/OD in a format similar to osu!tp will be easier to read than counting stars imo:

Vuelo Eluko
I find the vast majority of mid to high difficulty insanes are AR9. you can even usually tell by success rate % [taking into account song length] but this is a lot harder than just putting it up there with circle size, accuracy, drain etc.

we should also put OD up there too if were putting AR

CS4-5 AR9 is heaven.

+6
NotSoLongAgo

Aqo wrote:

+1

why can't there just be a nice little table that shows all stats

great idea
Catgirl
All 20 of my stars for you because we need this! I need to know in multi whether I should be able to play HR or not without making about 10 extra clicks to find the map on osu!tp... xD
tsundoll
I was about to make a thread on this. I didn't know what AR was for 4 months when I started. Why is it such a secret stat?
Catgirl
I'm going to bump this topic because we have approach rates shown in-game now. I don't see why they couldn't also be on the beatmap listing on the website now as well.

My main reason for wanting this on the website is for multiplayer when I'm downloading a map I haven't played before, and would like to know what the approach rate is when I download, without having to ask the host every time, or leave the match and open the map in singleplayer.

EDIT: Right now I'm staying in the match and opening the .osu files with a text editor after I download. Still a pain.
Azean
This seems necessary, I'm tired of going to bloodcat while in a multiplayer lobby to see a maps AR.
Have 10 stars from me!
Marcin
[peppy] Display approach rate (AR) on beatmap info pages. ...
Added! Will take a while for changes to propagate though.
Catgirl

Marcin wrote:

[peppy] Display approach rate (AR) on beatmap info pages. ...
Added! Will take a while for changes to propagate though.
Hooray!