forum

[added] Approach rate on website

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +231
Topic Starter
Elfice
Title kinda says it all...it would be really nice to have AR visible on website, as it's one of two aspects people look at when choosing their maps (approach rate and overall difficulty). Since it's not there, people are always forced to go to editor and check what the AR whenever someone asks or whenever they need it.

As for myself, I somehow don't see any use for having circle size and hp drain on the website. Maybe it is used by mappers/modders, I don't know...anyway, there are few simple options how to handle this:
- remove one of these and replace with approach rate
- remove both of these, do minor styling changes and add approach rate
- do minor styling changes and fit all 4 there

I believe it wouldn't be such a problem to implement and MANY players would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time

Edit: based on one of following puushes, I played around with HTML and came with somehow acceptable solution (however, one of those graphs would need to get fixed a little)

Sakura
Hey for once i cant find a duplicate.

That being said, i'd agree with this, ever since the OD/AR split there's no indication of the beatmap's approach rate on the website, Support!
Mercurial
I have no enough starts to support this.
Marcin
Support ~~
Aqo
+1

why can't there just be a nice little table that shows all stats

Mirage
Just test my map, man.
Wishy
Map stats should be shown In-Game too. And this HAS BEEN suggested several times, don't know if this ever had a thread for it but I remember several posts asking for AR@map page.

Almost nobody cares about that stuff (objects, circles, sliders...), why not include AR/OD/CS/HP In-Game? You even got some room below that almost useless data to put it.
Aqo
I actually care about the objects count, don't remove that haha. It's useful on maps with multiple insane difficulties, lets you quickly spot which ones are stream-style, jump-style, etc.
Also it's just fun to see stuff like... http://osu.ppy.sh/s/48979 this map having 2000 objects, and 4:30 drain time - which means you need to press 7.3 buttons on average per second to pass it. wtf !
Wishy
Not saying it should be removed though. I do use that data sometimes too but still the other is way more important.
Sonez_old
Support, loading up the editor just to check ar is a real pain for people in fullscreen
MillhioreF

Wishy22 wrote:

Almost nobody cares about that stuff (objects, circles, sliders...), why not include AR/OD/CS/HP In-Game? You even got some room below that almost useless data to put it.
woc2006 said he'll add it after osz2 ^^
Topic Starter
Elfice
Issue is, that this should have been added ages ago...
mm201
My fault here. I was going to wait for osz2 which of course was "almost ready" at the time.
Rei Hakurei
hmmm don't forget for files/diffs that doesn't have "ApproachRate" field (i mean old .osu format), counted as OverallDifficulty .. (iirc)
Topic Starter
Elfice

mm201 wrote:

My fault here. I was going to wait for osz2 which of course was "almost ready" at the time.
Then do eeeeet :3 *runs*

Rei_Fan49 wrote:

hmmm don't forget for files/diffs that doesn't have "ApproachRate" field (i mean old .osu format), counted as OverallDifficulty .. (iirc)
These will have same Overall Difficult AND Approach Rate
Kola
Support >-<
Wafu
+1
Swatty
Supporting :)
ReVeNg3r
support,show it
Suimya
Support >w<
show more