forum

Nightcore pitch customization per beatmap

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
DeltaBurnt
I really like the nightcore mod, and I quite enjoy that it's layered on top of Double Time (because otherwise I'd never push myself to actually use that mod, and so I'd never get a high rank). However, it would be great if there could be an optional setting for beatmap creators to adjust the pitch of the nightcore mod to sound a little better because some songs sound better with different pitches. Of course if the beatmap creator opts out of this, it would just use the default pitch.
bwross
Nightcore mod doesn't change the pitch, what it does is not correct the pitch like Doubletime does. And so it increases the pitch by 7 semitones (well actually slightly more, 702 cents... but it's well within human perfect pitch of raising it to the 5th), because that's naturally what a speed increase of 50% does (this is one great things about it... adjustments for pitch can add distortions, which can be annoying on some songs when they're DTd). Real Nightcore songs tend to raise things much less... a few semitones. Add in a lot of female seiyuu character voice songs, and things can get to chipmunk level without being chipmunk level (the Chipmunks were a full octave faster... aka, actually double speed). So it's not a bad idea to add pitch changing to Nightcore, although it does get into the area of adding settings for things that aren't really needed... because if Nightcore is too high, you can always just fall back to using Doubletime.
Kurokami
If I know right, this Nightcore mod is working with 50% pitch which is too high. The pitch is usually 25%. Of course this is not the same on every song. So yeah, support.
Jarby
A more reasonable request would be for double time and the nightcore mod to have support for 25% speed and perhaps other speeds.
bwross

Kurokami wrote:

If I know right, this Nightcore mod is working with 50% pitch which is too high. The pitch is usually 25%. Of course this is not the same on every song. So yeah, support.
I seem to recall it being typically raised to the 3rd, which is 4 semitones, or 126%. At 125%, you'd be about 14 cents flat.
animez15
kinda cute ^^
Shohei Ohtani
Wasn't nightcore mod supposed to be like, a joke, though?

Like, it wasn't intended to sound good or something
Topic Starter
DeltaBurnt

CDFA wrote:

Wasn't nightcore mod supposed to be like, a joke, though?

Like, it wasn't intended to sound good or something
It definitely seems that way. I guess peppy made it sound too chipmunky to mock those of us that like Nightcore.
MillhioreF

DeltaBurnt wrote:

those of us that like Nightcore.
where??
Topic Starter
DeltaBurnt

MillhioreF wrote:

DeltaBurnt wrote:

those of us that like Nightcore.
where??
"I don't understand how people can like something I don't like."
Kurokami

DeltaBurnt wrote:

O.o
Topic Starter
DeltaBurnt

Kurokami wrote:

DeltaBurnt wrote:

O.o
It was an immature yet warranted use of sarcasm.
TheVileOne
It would be an amusing thing to play around with. Support.
Lolsebca
Exactly something we need but it's been left to rot forever now. Up for visibility and perhaps a scale of pitch to choose.
[MTF] Wolfette
Someone add this