forum

Need Help Moving Away From Nomod

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DOUMAK
Hey guys,

As seen on my profile, I've pretty much restricted myself to playing only nomod on maps that are, in my opinion, too easy for the star rating that they're given. It feels to me like I've hit somewhat of a brick wall when it comes to progression with easy maps and nomod. Its harder for me to find maps that I can FC with nomod with a decent accuracy and I think I need to start moving away from nomod and start moving towards HD or HR.

I think my strengths lie in landing jumps consistently and having a decent accuracy while doing so. I am really not good with overall consistency, like holding combos on long maps. I am also not very good at streams.

I would like to continue to climb in rank while also playing to my strengths. With this said, where do you think I should begin investing more time? Should I start grinding out some HR or HD on easier maps or maybe just play more longer maps and stick with nomod for consistency? I'm not really sure.

(Also yes, I am aware that playing the game will naturally make you a better player but I'm basically asking where I should sink that time into to play to my strengths and continue advancing in rank.)

Thanks for your input in advance.
Yolshka
well if you dont like nomod anymore you could try DT.

hr kinda sucks since ar10, and i think HD is not that much different than nomod on pp maps, but it gives a little bonus i guess, but you could just fc nomod maps that are a little bit more spaced.
DT also gives pp, but the main thing is that ar8+DT is ar9.6 and if you play that a lot it will be easier to move onto ar10 later.
and dt shortens maps anyway
soft kitten
Starting off with HD/HR is a good idea, I wouldn't suggest DT as you can see with my profile

aaaa i messed up ;-;
lewski
the easiest route is probably longer maps with nomod since you don't have to get used to anything new

fl would be way more epic though
Yolshka

- Skylar - wrote:

Starting off with HD/HR is a good idea, I wouldn't suggest DT as you can see with my profile

aaaa i messed up ;-;
well surely you cant blame the mod for that?

anyway,i dont know if op can read ar10 but if one would delve into hr id suggest doing it on maps with high note density where the higher ar is most likely justified to begin with, preferably high bpm too.
hd is very confusing to play on an unfamiliar ar, though he stated that hes playing simple maps.
at least i wouldn't try to learn them combined.

also this is irrelevant if ops intention is to maximise pp gain in the shortest amount of time, as that can be done easiest by continuing to play nomod farm maps.
DXPOHIHIHI
nc hd is for you
xenal
Depends on playstyle. For instance, I often choose DT to change myself from NM from time to time (or ez/ezdt) because I am a high bpm player. Same could be said for a aim and acc player would probably prefer HR and then there's hd and fl which are just weird to me :3

Or you could stick to nm and simply go to higher sr, there is nothing wrong with nm in the first place, it's vanilla osu after all. Or even change of map style adventure away from "TV Size gamer" maps, you could always find your place there (just like I found my place along side ztrot's 2011 maps -.-").
- EdgarNitroX
Well seeing your pp récords , maybe yo hey started with hidden in high AR , and on 3 4* play with DT or HR Good Luck !
vinnicci
tokaku
HR is a long term investment that will bring a ton of pp after the end of the grind. Mods like DT will is a lot easier to learn (but also a lot easier to forget)
--alice
Personally I highly recommend starting with HD. I just forced myself to play only HD for like a week and eventually learned how to read it. Since then, I've gained a ton of pp because of the bonus. As for DT/HR, DT opens up a lot of opportunities for some really easy farm, but HR can also be fun on some maps, suggest trying a bunch of both and seeing how you like them.