forum

Editing your own beatmaps on a different platform

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
cozyin
This should've been the first thing they thought about with mapping. I literally spent 20 minutes updating one of my beatmaps that's originally made on my laptop, and now I'm on my PC.
I decided to go take a break because my antivirus had to update so I saved and exited.

Only to come back to my beatmap not being changed at all. Thanks alot, osu. You're really cool.
xenal

Aureuszz wrote:

I literally spent 20 minutes updating one of my beatmaps that's originally made on my laptop, and now I'm on my PC.
I decided to go take a break because my antivirus had to update so I saved and exited.

Only to come back to my beatmap not being changed at all.

You are not clear at all. What do you mean updated for 20 minutes, were you continuing to map it or were you copying obects from your laptop map to a new one on your PC?

As for "editing on other platform" part, osu mapping is local unless submitted on the website, at which point you download or update it on your other devices. I don't think a built-in cloud saving would be worth it just to avoid submitting a unfinished map. At worst, you can delete it once in graveyard. Doesn't mean you can't use a cloud service to share the map folder.
Topic Starter
cozyin
Everyone says I should upload it. I uploaded it as WIP.
abraker

Aureuszz wrote:

Everyone says I should upload it. I uploaded it as WIP.
When did you upload it? There is no record of you doing so within a month...