Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rwyta
Oh god I just have the urge to make a Boku no Pico joke in this thread
LaryRose09
^Don't lmao

Also did anyone suggest Yuri on Ice yet?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32995/Yuri_on_Ice
45Traeath
I'm still not helped though.
(And even by that time, I haven't watched it yet.)
kloudX
Does anyone know a anime that talks about time travel and this kind of stuff? I don't know nothing like that, unless steins;gate. :|
Kao
Main Source: https://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins_Gate/userrecs

kloudX wrote:

Does anyone know a anime that talks about time travel and this kind of stuff? I don't know nothing like that, unless steins;gate. :|
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Source: https://myanimelist.net/recommendations ... 9253-31240
When someone you hold dear is met the fate of losing their life, and you have the ability to go back in time to that moment to try and save them, do you have what it takes to do it? In Steins;Gate, science is used to create a time a machine, rewinding the clock and changing the course of fate and time by saving the one life (or two) In Erased, it is a slightly more chaotic as there is no science involved, only a lingering sense of guilt and the ability to rewind the clock before a drastic event occurs.
These parallel lines were what drew me to Erased, and I wasn't disappointed. It did remind me of Steins;Gate with the aspect of time traveling to save a loved one. Changing the course of the present and time itself by making that one change and saving this one life, no matter the outcome. Hence, if you have enjoyed those elements in one of those anime shows, you will definitely enjoy watching the other.
Mirai Nikki
Source: https://myanimelist.net/recommendations ... 9253-10620
-Both protagonists use their cellphones to change the future
-Both protagonists try to change the outcome of a future event to protect their loved ones
-Both include a female and male lead that try to interfere with "fate"
-Both have a complicated plot which plays with your mind

*P/S: Keep in mind that Mirai Nikki is a lot more twisted if you like that aspect.
Boku dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED)
Source: https://myanimelist.net/recommendations ... 9253-31043
Beginning with the obvious, both Re:Zero and Steins;Gate were animated by the same studio, White Fox and both main protagonists have time traveling related abilities.

Now for the juicy stuff, both Okabe and Subaru are quite different from the usual anime protagonist and aren't meant to be self-inserts for viewers. They both must overcome obstacles to save the ones they love and both feature thrilling story lines and engaging characters that break the mold of most anime tropes like Tsunderes (with Steins;Gate's Kurisu) and Moé characters (Re:Zero's Rem). The authors want you to see the MCs go through very difficult (and sometimes gory) hardships in order to reach their goals. In a nutshell both are:

- Animated by White Fox
- Time Traveling Related
- Have fresh Non-Self Insert Protagonists
- Mold Breakers of Anime Tropes

and both anime titles have a thing for colons and semi-colons.
Luqanted
o lmao I just realized that Re:Zero & Steins;Gate were animated by the same studio tf ^
LaryRose09
Okay I don't know if I should suggest an anime when I'm still in the first season, but I felt like I had to.

Initial D: (Description from MAL) Takumi Fujiwara is an aloof, spacey high-schooler who does delivery runs in his dad's Toyota AE86 in the dead of night. Despite working at a gas station and having friends who are car nuts, he doesn't know a single thing about cars.
Takumi is introduced into the world of street racing and his natural talent draws attention from all across Gunma. Will Takumi face the challenges or back out from the call of the mountain passes?
  • First Stage (26 eps)
    Second Stage (13 eps)
    Third Stage (movie)
    Fourth Stage (24 eps)
    Fifth Stage (14 eps)
    Final Stage (4 eps)
Genres: Action, Cars, Drama, Seinen, Sports (it also has comedy)

It's a pretty good anime and enjoyable if you're, like, a car addict. I'm not one but when I finished the first episode I couldn't stop watching haha.
Also, I wouldn't recommend watching it if you're picky with art styles.
Hythes

kloudX wrote:

Maybe Umineko and Boku dake ga inai Machi...
Comfy Slippers
is gunbuster worth my time? been planing to watch it for a while now
Sister Kosho
I'm looking for a anime that's a comedy.
My fav anime is Hetalia so maybe something like that :3
I also don't want anything with gore or sexual content
Caput Mortuum

Alexis-Vargas wrote:

I'm looking for a anime that's a comedy.
My fav anime is Hetalia so maybe something like that :3
I also don't want anything with gore or sexual content
Pure comedy or serious plot? I'm guessing it's the first. Here are few somewhat popular comedies.

1. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou - Comedy skits about boy teenagers
  2. Handa-kun - A loner who is always self-conscious
  3. Sakamoto desu ga? - cool
  4. Saekano - Meta jokes

You could also watch Suzumiya Haruhi, Gintama, and The world god only knows, but they have serious plot.
Alysia_old_1
If you go on MyAnimeList you can add your watched, watching, favourite, least favourite... manga/anime annd they suggest new ones for you. I have used this and it's really helpful (at spiraling you into a never ending whole of watching anime)!
Paxas_old

kloudX wrote:

Haven't seen Doraemon?
Alysia_old_1
If you want something a bit more edgy prison school is really good
- Kamellia -
Erased its A time travel where he finds the killer and solve the mystery 8-) Perfect answer
Tyistiana
I want to find a new anime to watch likes Baka to test. (or a comedy cartoon)

Have any anime to suggest to me? :?
Alverynn

Tyistiana wrote:

I want to find a new anime to watch likes Baka to test. (or a comedy cartoon)

Have any anime to suggest to me? :?
Idk if you've watched any of these or not but i'll recommend you anyway, the genre are kinda similar too
  1. Seitokai Yakuindomo
  2. Noucome
  3. Seitokai no Ichizon
  4. D-frag
Justykanna
Not sure how much people check this thread considering some of the answers are months old. But I've asked here before with awesome results so I thought I'd ask for another suggestion.

This past season, I watched As The Moon, So Beautiful and I fell in love with it, despite the fact that I've never touched the genre before. Any suggestions for any anime that are similar? Romance is mainly the aim, probably looking around teen-early adult years - doesn't 'have' to be school related. This anime didn't have any real drama to it, but I'm not opposed to it if it's there.

Thanks in advance!
Meah
Romance Comedy School Anime, can someone recommend me good ones?
Faustas156
Has anyone suggested Inazuma Eleven ? Well it's an okay anime, but not too much of a spoiler but episode 1 to 21 is a bit cringy, but you have to watch it to understand it
Raiken-
I haven't watch any anime in awhile, I'm kind of interested to watch some of this season's anime.
Any recommendations? Every genre is ok, just suggest me a title and I'll search up on it by myself.
Thankies.

Oh, I'm kinda following Boruto only for now.
Meah

Raiken- wrote:

I haven't watch any anime in awhile, I'm kind of interested to watch some of this season's anime.
Any recommendations? Every genre is ok, just suggest me a title and I'll search up on it by myself.
Thankies.

Classroom of the Elites & Knights and Magic
Raiken-

Meah wrote:

Raiken- wrote:

Thankies.

Classroom of the Elites & Knights and Magic
I'll check them both, thank you for the suggestion, mate!
_sparky_
i need more anime to watchh
Is there any anime from the 80s & 90s anyone would recommend?
(not insanely picky about genre)
Green Platinum

_sparky_ wrote:

Can I assume you have seen essentials like Evangelion, Dragonball, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Akira, Macross etc.?
nextplay

_sparky_ wrote:

Serial experiments lain
Op is lit and anime is cool
Green Platinum

My Angel Kanan wrote:

_sparky_ wrote:

Serial experiments lain
Op is lit and anime is cool
I think Lain is better for someone requesting that specific type of show not general 80's and 90's. You need the right mindset to appreciate it otherwise you may only get 'trippy nonsense' or 'pretentious bullshit' vibes from it.
Chey9267

Meah wrote:

Well, I don't know if this is the kind of romance you are looking for; and I don't know if you've watched it already. But I just finished the first season today, and I think it's a great anime overall. Pretty sad though, so get tissues if you never watched it yet! :P I don't watch romance anime that much, and I don't know if this is romance that much honestly. So I am sorry if you aren't looking for something like is >.<.

Clannad. It's mostly about school, teens going into adulthood and that type of stuff. (No spoilers, haha). There's two seasons, Clannad and Clannad: After life. There is also a movie! I only watched the first season, going into the second. Hopefully I helped a bit, lol. The anime is pretty funny as well, so that's a plus.

(I only really know this one, if there's more you want there is probably more in my bookmarks; though I don't think it is totally romance).
Green Platinum

Chey9267 wrote:

Meah wrote:

Well, I don't know if this is the kind of romance you are looking for; and I don't know if you've watched it already. But I just finished the first season today, and I think it's a great anime overall. Pretty sad though, so get tissues if you never watched it yet! :P I don't watch romance anime that much, and I don't know if this is romance that much honestly. So I am sorry if you aren't looking for something like is >.<.

Clannad. It's mostly about school, teens going into adulthood and that type of stuff. (No spoilers, haha). There's two seasons, Clannad and Clannad: After life. There is also a movie! I only watched the first season, going into the second. Hopefully I helped a bit, lol. The anime is pretty funny as well, so that's a plus.

(I only really know this one, if there's more you want there is probably more in my bookmarks; though I don't think it is totally romance).
The Clannad movie is trash compared to the series, it is not worth the time. Also the second series although better no longer is set in school past the first third or so. Additionally it severely reduces the comedy and becomes more melodramatic in nature.
Green Platinum
Requesting any 10/10 masterpiece. Anything is fine.
EneT

Green Platinum wrote:

You're trollin'
Green Platinum

EneT wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

You're trollin'
Nah, I've already seen most of the shows people would categorize as a masterpiece, so I'm just casting a wide net.
bitterrabit
aha
Green Platinum
Maybe I should just adopt this thread.
Utterly worthless considering how fucking dead it is.

Actually nah mods should just lock it instead.
mulraf

Green Platinum wrote:

for me definitely "monster" as my alltime favorite anime.
(steins;gate and hunterxhunter 2011 too. all 3 different genres. but yeah, monster's my favorite one of them and most have seen the other 2 anyways.)

I'm Looking for a reverse harem (female main character, loved by tons of BOIs) and/or a reverse trap type of anime :) (action is fine, just not horror/ecchi)
well. the only one that comes to mind is the obvious one you've probably already seen; ouran host club.
Green Platinum

mulraf wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

for me definitely "monster" as my alltime favorite anime.
(steins;gate and hunterxhunter 2011 too. all 3 different genres. but yeah, monster's my favorite one of them and most have seen the other 2 anyways.)
Already seen all 3. Pretty safe choices not many would disagree about your assesment on them.
-Hannabi
Hmm...
Kuroshitsuji (?) ♡
Green Platinum

Ayani wrote:

Hmm...
Kuroshitsuji (?) ♡
Ye seen it. Fun when it goes into theatrics and has some interesting ideas but that's about it. Far from being a masterpiece honestly barely scrapes past being mediocre
DetryNot
Im looking for a nice horror anime
Green Platinum

ToucheNot wrote:

Im looking for a nice horror anime
Try Parasyte
show more