community forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
1,424
show more
Otaku One
Shoujo Ai, Yuri.
Or just Comedy and Slice of Life.
Or just Cute girls doing cute things.
Or just a sad anime (with a little comedy.).
Or maybe an anime like Higurashi no Naku koro ni.

Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/OtakuOne

Thanks.

Bye.

Des.
Raesboudn
I took a quick look at your list and while it seems you have already watched or plan to watch most of the anime I had in mind, there are a still a few others you might consider trying.

Otaku One wrote:

Or just Comedy and Slice of Life.
Or just Cute girls doing cute things.

- Barakamon


Super fun characters, nice relaxing atmosphere. Probably one of the most well received anime of 2014. You should check it out, really.


- Hanasaku Iroha

Amusing, relaxing, nice to look at, with its fair share of cute girls and some drama here and there. Really good stuff, overall.


- Tamako Market/Tamako Love Story


The TV series is a pretty standard comedy/slice of life anime that may be enjoyable or boring depending on whether you warm up to the characters and/or dig KyoAni designs. Tamako Love Story on the other hand is a pretty fantastic movie that kind of blows the TV series out of the water. If you enjoy Tamako Market, you will most likely love the movie.


I guess comedies with a simple school setting work, too? If so:

- Cromartie High School
- D-Frag!
- Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
- Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
- GJ-bu
- Lovely Complex
- Mitsudomoe
- Pani Poni Dash
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- Seitokai no Ichizon


All of these are decent/good/great comedies, most of which feature a somewhat wackier kind of humor as well as generous quantities of cute girls. Looking at your MAL list, you might enjoy them.

While not exactly comedies, Usagi Drop, So Ra No Wo To and Haibane Renmei might also be worth a watch if you're a fan of slice of life settings. Seriously, they are amazing.



Otaku One wrote:

Or just a sad anime (with a little comedy.).
- Honey & Clover

Mostly a comedy, but with great drama which turns it into the most bittersweet anime I've ever seen. You should watch this. :<
Otaku One

Raesboudn wrote:

I took a quick look at your list and while it seems you have already watched or plan to watch most of the anime I had in mind, there are a still a few others you might consider trying.

Otaku One wrote:

Or just Comedy and Slice of Life.
Or just Cute girls doing cute things.

- Barakamon


Super fun characters, nice relaxing atmosphere. Probably one of the most well received anime of 2014. You should check it out, really.


- Hanasaku Iroha

Amusing, relaxing, nice to look at, with its fair share of cute girls and some drama here and there. Really good stuff, overall.


- Tamako Market/Tamako Love Story


The TV series is a pretty standard comedy/slice of life anime that may be enjoyable or boring depending on whether you warm up to the characters and/or dig KyoAni designs. Tamako Love Story on the other hand is a pretty fantastic movie that kind of blows the TV series out of the water. If you enjoy Tamako Market, you will most likely love the movie.


I guess comedies with a simple school setting work, too? If so:

- Cromartie High School
- D-Frag!
- Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
- Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
- GJ-bu
- Lovely Complex
- Mitsudomoe
- Pani Poni Dash
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- Seitokai no Ichizon


All of these are decent/good/great comedies, most of which feature a somewhat wackier kind of humor as well as generous quantities of cute girls. Looking at your MAL list, you might enjoy them.

While not exactly comedies, Usagi Drop, So Ra No Wo To and Haibane Renmei might also be worth a watch if you're a fan of slice of life settings. Seriously, they are amazing.



Otaku One wrote:

Or just a sad anime (with a little comedy.).
- Honey & Clover

Mostly a comedy, but with great drama which turns it into the most bittersweet anime I've ever seen. You should watch this. :<
Thanks!

Gonna watch it all later and pull out an all-nighter! and probably look for a new waifu.
FappySticks
Ideally pure romance although i know that is all but a myth. Basically an anime like shoujo that revolves around a couple instead of five other irrelevant characters for the sake of fan service.
Apple-san
Anime:Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Psychological, Thriller
Kiririn-shin

FappySticks wrote:

Ideally pure romance although i know that is all but a myth. Basically an anime like shoujo that revolves around a couple instead of five other irrelevant characters for the sake of fan service.
Try Ore Monogatari and Kare Kano
The Gambler
Kare Kano is amazing.

For a pure romance standpoint.
FappySticks

Kiririn-shin wrote:

FappySticks wrote:

Ideally pure romance although i know that is all but a myth. Basically an anime like shoujo that revolves around a couple instead of five other irrelevant characters for the sake of fan service.
Try Ore Monogatari and Kare Kano
Yeah ore monogatari male MC is sex
BirdyThePhoenix
So I'm looking for something tragic or sad. Pyschological, drama
Some things that I have watched that I would put in that category are Mawaru Penguindrum and Your Lie in April.
Agent_James

BirdyThePhoenix wrote:

So I'm looking for something tragic or sad. Pyschological, drama
Some things that I have watched that I would put in that category are Mawaru Penguindrum and Your Lie in April.
Have you tried Death Parade?
Hacccchan
im trying really hard to not say boku no pico but it's not working
ryyushi
The person asked for a movie, man. Not a series. ;p
oh wow oops (i know i'm three months late :P)
Cylwie
Just finished Hunter x Hunter (both 1999 and 2011). Anyone knows any similar anime like it? I'm having hard time finding a new anime D:
R-unknown

Cylwie wrote:

Just finished Hunter x Hunter (both 1999 and 2011). Anyone knows any similar anime like it? I'm having hard time finding a new anime D:
i have a mainstream answer : One Piece
or you can wacth World Trigger and Magi
all of it is action genre and contain friendships
memecena

mathexpert wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions for good slice of life/comedy/school anime? Things like MM!, Kannagi, K-On!, etc.
himouto umaru chan
Kyoobies

BirdyThePhoenix wrote:

So I'm looking for something tragic or sad. Pyschological, drama
Some things that I have watched that I would put in that category are Mawaru Penguindrum and Your Lie in April.
Have you tried Madoka Magica? That show is phenomenal, and quite tragic. ^^
Kyoobies

memecena wrote:

mathexpert wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions for good slice of life/comedy/school anime? Things like MM!, Kannagi, K-On!, etc.
himouto umaru chan
Some other good slice of life shows are
Lucky Star if you want something straightforward and classic,
Hidamari Sketch if you want something immersive and realistic,
and Nichijou if you want something crazy-nonsensical.
Mogsy




you're both grounded
Kyoobies

Mogsworth wrote:





you're both grounded
Oh lol no wonder I couldn't find the original post a page or two back to reply to that.

Whoops, I'll go sit over there now... :o
Meah
I missed out lots of animes from the last two seasons because of my job, can someone recommend me some very good RomComs released from these past two seasons?
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply