1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Otaku Culture

show more
posted

Arief Santosa wrote:

Clannad, Angel Beats, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Ano Hana, Love Live, K-On!, Sakurasou, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Naruto,
an anime that can make me wiping my face with a tissue :(
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is not that dramatic.
posted
Neither is LL, K-On!, Sakurasou, Fairy tail, Naruto or One Piece.

Arief is just a shitposter
posted
Looking for a mecha anime. I tend to like flashier looking ones. Favourites include Gundam 00, Valvrave the Liberator and Gundam SEED/Destiny. English dub would be nice but not necessary.
Heard Knights of Sidonia's good - anyone seen it? Outside of that, any recommendations?

Thanks!
posted
Bokurano? Might not be that kind of mecha you're looking for.
posted
Isn't Macross generally flashier than Gundam?

No mention of Guren Lagann or Full Metal Panic?
Kanazuki no Miko for the yuri and lols
posted
Usually I tend to not recommend popular ones because chances are people have seen it already.
posted

Navizel wrote:

Bokurano? Might not be that kind of mecha you're looking for.
Looks very different as to what I usually watch. Worth looking into. =)

Green Platinum wrote:

Isn't Macross generally flashier than Gundam?

No mention of Guren Lagann or Full Metal Panic?
Kanazuki no Miko for the yuri and lols
I watched Macross Frontier if that's what you were referring to - I didn't have a huge problem with it.
Full Metal Panic was extremely boring to me.
posted
I find mecha shows to be super boring in general.
For FMP if you remove the mechs you get Fumoffu which is still one of the funniest animes to date.
posted

Green Platinum wrote:

I find mecha shows to be super boring in general.
For FMP if you remove the mechs you get Fumoffu which is still one of the funniest animes to date.
I know a few people that can't stand mecha either. So to each their own. ;)

Still taking suggestions if anyone has anymore.
posted
I find mach shows to be especially shallow. Fixated on metal robot fighting fanservice than capturing any themes or ideas. And then it falls into the trappings of most fight scenes where it becomes shooting flashy attacks at the opponent till the plot demands a side to lose.
posted
Gunbuster/Diebuster is another if you haven't yet @Justy
posted
Aldnoah Zero
@justy
posted

Justykanna wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

I find mecha shows to be super boring in general.
For FMP if you remove the mechs you get Fumoffu which is still one of the funniest animes to date.
I know a few people that can't stand mecha either. So to each their own. ;)

Still taking suggestions if anyone has anymore.
Gundam Build Fighters... or Evangelion.
posted
Hi, someone recommended me an anime like clannad?
posted

Portin wrote:

Hi, someone recommended me an anime like clannad?
In the 'Guy helps a bunch of girls with their problems' way
or the 'Tragic high school romance' way?
posted

Green Platinum wrote:

Portin wrote:

Hi, someone recommended me an anime like clannad?
In the 'Guy helps a bunch of girls with their problems' way
or the 'Tragic high school romance' way?
A group of friends in a school
posted
posted
yeah! thank u x)
posted

NicoSenpai12 wrote:

Aldnoah Zero
@justy
Already seen it. Liked the animation and audio, story was very meh.

Raiken- wrote:

Gundam Build Fighters... or Evangelion.
Build Fighters I considered. Evangelion I'm not really interested in.
posted
I'd recommend Evangelion just on cultural importance, I don't think it is as amazing as people say like just like Lain.

Build Fighters just feels like a modern Crush Gear turbo or Beyblade.
show more
Please sign in to reply.