Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
tanteiRE

mxnic wrote:

Kanade4Life wrote:

hey guys,
anyone knows any anime with sad ending? (or happy ending but makes you cry anyway) other than KEY's stuff
5 Centimeters Per Second's ending is pretty damn sad imo, or happy depending on how you look at it. It's only about an hour long though (movie), but I highly recommend giving it a watch.
IMO, 5 Centimeters per Second was a terrible movie with amazing animation. I wouldn't even call it sad. Just depressing. Unless you're the kind of person who's into depressing anime with boring (to be nice, "realistic") plots..
Kanade4Life

tanteiRE wrote:

Kanade4Life wrote:

hey guys,
anyone knows any anime with sad ending? (or happy ending but makes you cry anyway) other than KEY's stuff
I would try some of the works by CLAMP, like Kobato or Cardcaptor Sakura. Kyoukai no Kanata also has a tearjerking ending. If you read manga, then try Fruits Basket (the anime isn't a very good adaptation).
oh thank you, i'll try watch kobato (already watched the other two xD) and I don't read manga, but thanks for the suggestion ^^

mxnic wrote:

Kanade4Life wrote:

hey guys,
5 Centimeters Per Second's ending is pretty damn sad imo, or happy depending on how you look at it. It's only about an hour long though (movie), but I highly recommend giving it a watch.
thanks for the suggestion but I already watched it xD, any other title you can give me?
Osuology

Kanade4Life wrote:

hey guys,

thanks for the suggestion but I already watched it xD, any other title you can give me?
I also heard Romeo X Juliet is drown in tears, and Guilty Crown maybe? It's not really bad but it's pretty sad.
yukiisdead
uhm, can anybody suggest a good yuri anime ? ^^ similar as strawberrry panic and sakura trick.. thank you minna ^^b
Katze
I'll give it a try:

First off: I'm looking for a Slice of Life-, Comedy-, Romance-Anime like Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) or Kimi ni todoke,
in terms of funny or comedy I mean something like Natsume Yuujinchou (not exactly funny, but a good mix of entertaining and sad stuff),
and lastly something like Another (have seen Higurashi and Umineko, no Elfenlied please, but I am considering Shiki).
I also liked Tokyo Ghoul if that helps. I'm looking forward to suggestions!
Faust

Katze wrote:

I'll give it a try:

First off: I'm looking for a Slice of Life-, Comedy-, Romance-Anime like Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) or Kimi ni todoke,
in terms of funny or comedy I mean something like Natsume Yuujinchou (not exactly funny, but a good mix of entertaining and sad stuff),
and lastly something like Another (have seen Higurashi and Umineko, no Elfenlied please, but I am considering Shiki).
I also liked Tokyo Ghoul if that helps. I'm looking forward to suggestions!
1st:

Baccano!
So Ra No Wo To
Kuuchuu Buranko (Trapeze)
Kemonozume
Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl: The Counter Attack of Siberian Yagyu

2nd:

Ghost Hound
Gankutsuou
Le Chevalier D'Eon
Rin - Daughters of Mnemosyne
Shin Sekai Yori

If you haven't yet.
DX5536

41236 wrote:

Yuri anime?
Try YuruYuri, Kanamemo, Akuma no Riddle, Strike Witches, Gokujo.
Also Sabagebu! and To aru Kagaku no Railgun maybe.
Here are some really good (imo) Yuri anime with real romance between girls:
Kannazuki no Miko
Sakura Trick

Can someone recommend me some very good romance anime like: Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma. Thanks
Mogsy

yukiisdead wrote:

uhm, can anybody suggest a good yuri anime ? ^^ similar as strawberrry panic and sakura trick.. thank you minna ^^b
Maira-sama ga Miteru
Sasameki Koto
Aoi Hana

Personally, I wouldn't call Sakura Trick anything near realistic in terms of lesbian romance. Kannazuki no Miko is also hella sexist.
Katze

Faust wrote:

1st:

Baccano!
So Ra No Wo To
Kuuchuu Buranko (Trapeze)
Kemonozume
Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl: The Counter Attack of Siberian Yagyu

2nd:

Ghost Hound
Gankutsuou
Le Chevalier D'Eon
Rin - Daughters of Mnemosyne
Shin Sekai Yori

If you haven't yet.
Thank you very much, I'll definitely check these out!
cloud1417
pls recommend me some solid kickass animes like Berserk.
PS every heroes in anime world try so hard to be as badass as Guts. :D
Faust

Mogsworth wrote:

yukiisdead wrote:

Maira-sama ga Miteru
Sasameki Koto
Aoi Hana

Personally, I wouldn't call Sakura Trick anything near realistic in terms of lesbian romance. Kannazuki no Miko is also hella sexist.
Pretty much.

Also, El Cazador de la Bruja, yo.
Raisha Millenia
can you guys give me a suggestion for romance-comedy anime in 2013-2014?
need it.
Keihyan
Has anyone watched ''Angel beats?'' It was one of the most famous anime in Japan in 2012.
It has love story, fight story and comedy story.
Everyone should watch it!
Raisha Millenia

Kei1koh2 wrote:

Has anyone watched ''Angel beats?'' It was one of the most famous anime in Japan in 2012.
sad ending. i want the season 2
DX5536

Kei1koh2 wrote:

It was ok, i didn't dislike it nor like it, IMO, it's not as sad as ONE or Kanon.
(I'm ready AB's fanboy ;_;)
[ Emerick ]
My favorite animes of all time have been FMA, Attack on Titan, Hellsing Ultimate and Black Butler. I love the gore, the sacrifice, the Victorian era, please someone help me find more like these :(
DX5536

[ Emerick ] wrote:

My favorite animes of all time have been FMA, Attack on Titan, Hellsing Ultimate and Black Butler. I love the gore, the sacrifice, the Victorian era, please someone help me find more like these :(
This might a bit off your list but it's a Victorian era anime. But it focus most likely only on romance so it's your choice. The anime is Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma
Dokixdoki

41236 wrote:

I need some hilarious comedy anime in 2014. Any suggestion?
Barakamon was something I really enjoyed. This season Gugure! Kokkuri-san is airing is is pretty silly too

Kei1koh2 wrote:

Yes, it's my favorite. It needs a season 2 :( (I don't know what it would be about but I still want one!)

Can some one suggest me a good Idol anime? I've seen AKB0048 and Love Live! I hear Wake Up Girls is pretty good too...
DX5536

Dokixdoki wrote:

Can some one suggest me a good Idol anime? I've seen AKB0048 and Love Live! I hear Wake Up Girls is pretty good too...
Well if you don't mind Reverse harem the i recommend Uta No Prince-sama. Very similar to those 2 ^ just with hot boys
RichJoker

DX5536 wrote:

Dokixdoki wrote:

Well if you don't mind Reverse harem the i recommend Uta No Prince-sama. Very similar to those 2 ^ just with hot boys
How about K-On! ?
Dokixdoki

DX5536 wrote:

Dokixdoki wrote:

I've actually seen K-On, thanks for the suggestion though!

I'll check out Uta no Prince-sama (I don't usually do reverse harems but I'll give it a shot
Keihyan
I found awesome anime which is "mirai nikki " . I dont know does it have translated version . Its story has real emotion and good graphics. Sometimes it shows sexual or blood scene.
DX5536

Kei1koh2 wrote:

I found awesome anime which is "mirai nikki " . I dont know does it have translated version . Its story has real emotion and good graphics. Sometimes it shows sexual or blood scene.
Just search for "Mirai nikki eng sub" and there will be ton of result with sub :)
Green Platinum

Kei1koh2 wrote:

This certainly doesn't describe the Mirai Nikki I watched.
DX5536

Green Platinum wrote:

Kei1koh2 wrote:

lol, it's not "sometimes" but always. And for "ecchi" sex, well yeah....
TurtleguyFive
Well last winter I watched the epic fate/zero. I loved it and this winter I am hungry for another anime dark and cruel like fate zero. I was going to watch Garden of Sinners but I cant find a (legal) streaming sight for the show, and I am not gonna buy the box set that goes for like over $700. So I hope you guys can find a great show for me too watch that captures the dark season of winter. So here is what the anime has to be like Darker animation, good story, few to zero humor so no shonen. that is pretty much it Also if you can you have a legal link to garden of sinners I would like that too.
-With loving care TurtleguyFive <3
[ yogurt ]

TurtleguyFive wrote:

I cant find a (legal) streaming sight for the show
By sight you mean "site", right? I don't think you know anything about "dark and cruel" anime if you think F/Z is one. Monster, Hellsing Ultimate, Corpse Party, since you sound like an edgy teenager too you'd probably like Elfen Lied.

And just torrent it kid. God.
Raisha Millenia

Green Platinum wrote:

Kei1koh2 wrote:

true
Green Platinum

TurtleguyFive wrote:

Well last winter I watched the epic fate/zero. I loved it and this winter I am hungry for another anime dark and cruel like fate zero. I was going to watch Garden of Sinners but I cant find a (legal) streaming sight for the show, and I am not gonna buy the box set that goes for like over $700. So I hope you guys can find a great show for me too watch that captures the dark season of winter. So here is what the anime has to be like Darker animation, good story, few to zero humor so no shonen. that is pretty much it Also if you can you have a legal link to garden of sinners I would like that too.
-With loving care TurtleguyFive <3
Surprising it costs $700 over in the US. Here in Australia we get shafted for our anime prices (It's gotten better over the years) and the Garden of Sinners box cost $150AUD.

YOGURTOVSKY's suggestions seem right up your alley but I'll also throw in the Higurashi/Umineko series' if you haven't seen them already, Afro Samurai and Speed Grapher
TurtleguyFive
Aniplexs has had a deal on their website when the show was around $150 since the deal is no longer available it now ranges to crazy numbers on eBay or Amazon. I will probably watch higurashi because I have been meaning to watch it and what perfect time because winter is like the only time I really want to watch a darker show so thx for bringing that up
TurtleguyFive
By sight you mean "site", right? I don't think you know anything about "dark and cruel" anime if you think F/Z is one. Monster, Hellsing Ultimate, Corpse Party, since you sound like an edgy teenager too you'd probably like Elfen Lied.

The main reason I see fate zero as dark and cruel is the way the show kills the characters unlike aot it kills characters that I care about or ones that can change the plot drastically same for most of gen urobuchi (aka gen the butcher) writings. For example ep 3 of madoka magica threw me into the darkest abyss. Also not a big fan of shows that try to be super edegy like elfen lead or future dairy. I should of stated I was more focused on story then blood and sex. But the other shows you gave me seen like pretty good choices
Raisha Millenia
dude. i need awesome comedy anti-mainstream/unpopular anime. any suggestions? very need it
DX5536

Raisha Millenia wrote:

dude. i need awesome comedy anti-mainstream/unpopular anime. any suggestions? very need it
Hmm idk if these are popular but in my opinion these are quite funny:
-Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi (Warning: Ecchi!)
-Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls (Warning Ecchi!)
-Special A
-Super Seisyun Brothers (14 min per ep)
-Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Green Platinum

Raisha Millenia wrote:

Tsuritama
Sayonara Zatsubou Sensei (Although the political satire probably wont have any context)
Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku: The legend of Koizumi (Completely GAR for Koizumi)
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Seitokai no Ichizon

But seriously what does mainstream even mean here the only mainsteam comedies I can think of are Gintama, Luckystar, Haruhi, maybe Nichibros, NHK and Fumoffu etc.

Mahoromatic?
Working?
idk when it becomes obscure enough :|
Pizzicato
im looking for something like denpa teki na kanojo. anything you can suggest me?
Green Platinum

Pizzicato wrote:

im looking for something like denpa teki na kanojo. anything you can suggest me?
This is a tough one.

Perhaps UN-GO, Hyouka and GOSICK

Kurenai is written by the same author and I watched it for that reason too but it is nowhere near as good maybe respond with what qualities of Denpa teki na Kanojo you enjoyed.
Stevebt123
On that note, I really recommend Hyouka. It is an excellent slice of life with some of the most adorable and likable characters
Pizzicato
i'll go for un-go. thanks
show more