forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yonpachi_old
can I ask about fansub? for those who had watch maria holic alive, which fansub's good? commie, hs , or what? any recommendation?
Kurogamii
[ Nana ]
Looking for any decent comedy/romance/ecchi titles. Mix and match, anything goes. Something light to relax on a boring evening. ;)
MAL: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nanashi666

If it helps, I liked things like Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Seto no Hanayome, Shuffle... just to give you an overall example.
Yonpachi_old

Kurogamii wrote:

coalgirls isn't bad http://coalgirls.wakku.to/3284/maria%E2%80%A0holic
yeah I already have coalgirls for the 1st season. too bad they didn't do the 2nd season
Rilene
Looking For...

Sentient Mecha (at least sentient 50% of all times) + Any genre (especially fantasy & romance (not between mechas :/ (0.000000000000000000001% only will have), but plz no extreme violence and pervert-related)
Anyone here who knows? And plz no "Doraemon", not that KAWAII sentient cat robot, lel.
daniyan87
Suggest me something similar to Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai? Please don't suggest neither Date a Live or No Game No Life, because both series i've watched.

Edit: MAL List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/daniyan
S u o m i
The best Anime
1. SAO = Sword Art Online
2. Hunter x Hunter
3. Naruto
4. One piece
5. Elfen Lied

my top 5 atm.. but im looking after new ones soon xD
F1nch

Giganscudo wrote:

hipster3000 wrote:

I love NHK, and I was actually going to ask for something similar to it. Does anyone have any recommendations? Anything with the same brand of dark humour, psychological elements and emotional depth. Doesn't have to be a slice-of-life or comedy necessarily, I guess.
Stein's gate? (I shouldn't really recommend a show I've only watched 4-5 episodes of.) The atmosphere is kind of dark, has humour, involves psychological elements. Maaayybbeee... some emotional depth ^^^.

I'm not a guy who prefers dark plots or atmospheres.
I actually just finished Steins;Gate, and it was in a word, AMAZING. Im not entirely sure what kind of road the plot in NHK takes, but Steins;Gate is fantastic either way. HOWEVER, the first episodes of Steins Gate are a bit misleading as to how dark the plot actually is. around halfway through it gets super depressing, still a fantastic anime I would recommend to anyone though.
F1nch

Sirade wrote:

Looking For...

Sentient Mecha (at least sentient 50% of all times) + Any genre (especially fantasy & romance (not between mechas :/ (0.000000000000000000001% only will have), but plz no extreme violence and pervert-related)
Anyone here who knows? And plz no "Doraemon", not that KAWAII sentient cat robot, lel.
Code Geass. Nuff said, Im watching Evangelion 7 at the moment, but I think it might step over your 50/50 boundary, not sure. Code Geass would be amazing if you havnt seen it yet, however it is a bit more mainstream so if you have i wouldnt be surprised
Mogsy

Sirade wrote:

Looking For...

First thing that popped into my head was Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, as Chamber is a kinda-sentient mech, and the setting is very much a Waterworld-esque future.
Rilene
Ok, thx guys. :)
Gotta try watch it later. ('-')
JackBezarius18
The truth is that I'm bored, I do not seen any recent series ... The last I saw was Mahou Sensou, and already has a month that I saw ... Recommendations?
Ceph23
Hi. So yeah I want to watch a slice of life anime with a LOT of feels.
I've pretty much watched every popular anime with this kind of genre.
I've watched:
Angel Beats
Anohana
Nagi no Asukara
Clannad
Little Busters
And quite a few more of them really.

I was wondering if anybody knew more anime like this. I'd really appreciate it.
I'm just a sucker for a good sob story.
Kurogamii

Ceph23 wrote:

Hi. So yeah I want to watch a slice of life anime with a LOT of feels.
I've pretty much watched every popular anime with this kind of genre.
I've watched:
Angel Beats
Anohana
Nagi no Asukara
Clannad
Little Busters
And quite a few more of them really.

I was wondering if anybody knew more anime like this. I'd really appreciate it.
I'm just a sucker for a good sob story.
Code Geass (only the 2nd season tho', but it better if you watch from 1st season)
ef~A Tale of Melodies
Nobunaga the Fool
Mirai Nikki
Guilty Crown
Hotarubi no Mori e
Kakumeiki Valvrave
Tegami Bachi Series
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

some anime from the list only affect certain people
Ceph23

Kurogamii wrote:

Code Geass (only the 2nd season tho', but it better if you watch from 1st season)
ef~A Tale of Melodies
Nobunaga the Fool
Mirai Nikki
Guilty Crown
Hotarubi no Mori e
Kakumeiki Valvrave
Tegami Bachi Series

I've seen all of these except for Kakumeiki Valve. tnx :)

Any more?
Navizel
Since when did Valvrave and Madoka became slice of life

Anyway, Aria is a great one but feels is in the third season (Aria the Origination). I can't really think of any slice of life anime with feels except that and Wolf Children which I bet you already watched.
Ceph23

Navizel wrote:

Since when did Valvrave and Madoka became slice of life

Anyway, Aria is a great one but feels is in the third season (Aria the Origination). I can't really think of any slice of life anime with feels except that and Wolf Children which I bet you already watched.
I remember watching Aria two years ago, but I stopped because of reasons.
Guess I should continue this then. tnx :)
Fushu_old
waifu material with romance please
IppE

Sirade wrote:

Looking For...

Not really mecha, but Sentou Yousei Yukikaze has a sentient AI on a high tech plane.
-KaneChan-

Ceph23 wrote:

Kurogamii wrote:

ef~A Tale of Melodies
Nobunaga the Fool
Mirai Nikki
Guilty Crown
Hotarubi no Mori e
Kakumeiki Valvrave
Tegami Bachi Series

I've seen all of these except for Kakumeiki Valve. tnx :)

Any more?
welcome to the NHK?
Xheriux
Great!
California
Hello! I'm looking for a good comedy anime.
I'd prefer comedy anime with small skits such as Nichijou, Nichibros, or Plastic nee-san
AR10 Only

California wrote:

I'd prefer comedy anime with small skits such as Nichijou, Nichibros, or Plastic nee-san
Well there is GTO, he is really funny ... even is its not a "small skits manga"
California

Jeeroox wrote:

California wrote:

Well there is GTO, he is really funny ... even is its not a "small skits manga"
already watched :(
[Kiro]
Since i have noting better to do...
here is a list of anime with random genres:
| Hayate no gotoku | Akame Ga Kill | Adnoah.Zero | Gundam Build Fighters | Guilty Crown | Black Bullet | Sword Art Online | Attack On Titan | No Game No Life |

Well there is more that i have but it would take time -_-
Gumpy

California wrote:

Yuru Yuri
HaruryuuSan

California wrote:

Tonari no Seki-kun is gewd :3
Jindujun93
Looking for a good sports anime for after I catch up with Diamond no Ace, any suggestions? Preferably about Baseball (though I've already seen Major and Cross Game, so don't suggest those), though it doesn't necessarily be about that. (Oh, and please, don't suggest something along the lines of KuroBas or Free. I definitely won't touch those.)
Mogsy

Jindujun93 wrote:

Looking for a good sports anime for after I catch up with Diamond no Ace, any suggestions? Preferably about Baseball (though I've already seen Major and Cross Game, so don't suggest those), though it doesn't necessarily be about that. (Oh, and please, don't suggest something along the lines of KuroBas or Free. I definitely won't touch those.)
For baseball, I highly recommend Touch. It's the definitive baseball anime, with real drama that makes you care about the players and their relationships with each other, in addition to the game.

For non-baseball, I also highly recommend Chihayafuru, for similar reasons. It's a show about interpersonal relationships as much as it is about finding one's passion in life through karuta, a traditional card game.

I also do recommend Free! anyway, since it's as much about the interpersonal relationship drama as it is about the abs
Luna

Jindujun93 wrote:

One Outs
I also second Mogsworth's recommendation of Chihayafuru. Hikaru no Go as well, if you like Chihayafuru.
Jindujun93

Mogsworth wrote:

For baseball, I highly recommend Touch. It's the definitive baseball anime, with real drama that makes you care about the players and their relationships with each other, in addition to the game.

For non-baseball, I also highly recommend Chihayafuru, for similar reasons. It's a show about interpersonal relationships as much as it is about finding one's passion in life through karuta, a traditional card game.

I also do recommend Free! anyway, since it's as much about the interpersonal relationship drama as it is about the abs

Luna wrote:

One Outs
I also second Mogsworth's recommendation of Chihayafuru. Hikaru no Go as well, if you like Chihayafuru.
Thanks for the recommendations! Touch does look good, given that it's apparently by the same mangaka as Cross Game, so I know what I'm in for with this one. I'll also give Chihayafuru and One Outs a try, not sure about Hikaru no Go yet.
Zimbabwednesday
Hello!

I have a lot of travelling coming up and if you could recommend me some anime to watch I would be overjoyed. I'm looking for mainly comedy but all genres are basically okay to suggest. Since I'll be watching in public I think it would be for the best to completely avoid ecchi as much as possible.

Some anime that I've seen: Hayate No Gotoku, Honey and Clover, YuruYuri, Lucky Star, Little Busters, Clannad and Madoka Magica.

Thanks in advance. :)
Arii-_old
hello
Mogsy

LunarStorm wrote:

Hello!

I have a lot of travelling coming up and if you could recommend me some anime to watch I would be overjoyed. I'm looking for mainly comedy but all genres are basically okay to suggest. Since I'll be watching in public I think it would be for the best to completely avoid ecchi as much as possible.

Some anime that I've seen: Hayate No Gotoku, Honey and Clover, YuruYuri, Lucky Star, Little Busters, Clannad and Madoka Magica.

In terms of comedies I wouldn't be ashamed of watching in public (so they appeal more to a general audience): Azumanga Daioh, Nichijou, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Comedies with less of an otaku aim that are still absolutely funny and contain very little to no ecchi. Enjoy.
tanteiRE

LunarStorm wrote:

Hello!

Lovely Complex (shojo and comedy): Focuses on the romance between a really short boy and a really tall girl.
The Wallflower (shojo and comedy): Picture a girl whose is supposedly unattractive, has an obsession with zombies and skulls and death, and is antisocial. Plop her in a house with 4 incredibly attractive guys. The author has a rather unique style that may take some time to get used to, but it is hilarious.
School Rumble (comedy and school life): It's been a couple years since I've seen this, but I'm pretty sure there is not too much ecchi. Title says it all.

Yeah, so those are the only three series that I've watched that have comedy minus the ecchi (because a lot of comedy anime seem to rely on perverted scenes, don't they? ;) )
Zimbabwednesday

Mogsworth wrote:

In terms of comedies I wouldn't be ashamed of watching in public (so they appeal more to a general audience): Azumanga Daioh, Nichijou, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Comedies with less of an otaku aim that are still absolutely funny and contain very little to no ecchi. Enjoy.
Thanks! I've already seen Nichijou but the other ones seem interesting. :)

tanteiRE wrote:

Lovely Complex (shojo and comedy): Focuses on the romance between a really short boy and a really tall girl.
The Wallflower (shojo and comedy): Picture a girl whose is supposedly unattractive, has an obsession with zombies and skulls and death, and is antisocial. Plop her in a house with 4 incredibly attractive guys. The author has a rather unique style that may take some time to get used to, but it is hilarious.
School Rumble (comedy and school life): It's been a couple years since I've seen this, but I'm pretty sure there is not too much ecchi. Title says it all.

Yeah, so those are the only three series that I've watched that have comedy minus the ecchi (because a lot of comedy anime seem to rely on perverted scenes, don't they? ;) )
All three titles seem awesome so I'll definitely check those ones out!

Thanks a bunch :)
[_TetsuyaKuro_]
can you guys recommend me an anime that have these genres: Comedy, Romance and slice

I've watched thousands of anime~~ but I need mooaaar!!
tanteiRE

[_TetsuyaKuro_] wrote:

can you guys recommend me an anime that have these genres: Comedy, Romance and slice

I've watched thousands of anime~~ but I need mooaaar!!
I'm going to throw this out there because no matter what genres you like, this is a must watch.
Nodame Cantabile, the drama. Yes, there's a manga and an anime, but the drama takes the cake!!
It has comedy, romance, and a tiny bit of slice of life (counting the messy room and kotatsu parts).

Basically, the story follows a musically talented, handsome University student who dreams of being a conductor, but is stuck playing piano. He meets a piano player, also talented, but quite childish at times, who dreams of being a kindergarten teacher. The story goes on, their dreams warp (in the good way), and they meet others in the music field.
NOT as boring as it may seem (I got that impression before I watched because of the whole Schubert Mozart Beethoven business)

I suppose you could watch the anime, but put it this way: anime vs. drama = poorly crafted CGI instruments vs. real life orchestras.
And if you have seen it already, awesome! If not, the drama awaits you..
[_TetsuyaKuro_]
That sounds so interesting~~~ i'll look for it now lol~~~
show more