forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yukii

kirukashi wrote:

PanyaxSnow wrote:

Any really sad anime? i watched Clannad and Angel Beats and Anohana and E.F and yeah...im running out QQ
Air.

*the feels*
i watched that T_T
- Yuuto -
PanyaxSnow, try to watch Myself;yourself. it quite sad.~
Aurani

Yuutosan wrote:

Definitely an underrated show. People these days only search for pure fanservice, and ignore the ones with deeper meanings.

The thing I didn't like about it is how poorly they portrayed the brother/sister love at the end. Had the story been somehow shifted to a more passive progression, they probably would've had an opportunity for another season.
Meh, it's good as it is.
kirueggy

Aurani wrote:

Yuutosan wrote:

Definitely an underrated show. People these days only search for pure fanservice, and ignore the ones with deeper meanings.

The thing I didn't like about it is how poorly they portrayed the brother/sister love at the end. Had the story been somehow shifted to a more passive progression, they probably would've had an opportunity for another season.
Meh, it's good as it is.
Brother/sister love better be HNNNNNG and not incest
Aurani

kirukashi wrote:

Brother/sister love better be HNNNNNG and not incest
What's better than the brother incestously loving his sister?
Yukii
I feel like ive watched everything haha XD myself yourself was good
AutoMedic
This is a long post, feel free to skip :)

Seitokai Yakuindomo
Genre : Comedy/School/Slice of Life

One of my favorites, heck this one made me laugh, ALOT. I wont spoil that much, but it's
basically two Third year perverted students are curious for the jiggly-jiggly doo

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Genre: Comedy/Romance/School

This one's pretty funny. But you might shed some manly tears at the last few episodes. It's about the protagonist takes care of the really dumb, but awesome as heck girl who is a pro at painting.

Gintama
Genre : Comedy/Sci-Fi

because GINTAMAAAAAA
Haru-rin

ANIME: BLACK BULLET
Jlastino

Haru-rin wrote:

ANIME: BLACK BULLET
2nd best loli this season

Anime : Isshuukan Friends
What to expect: LOTS OF FEELS.
kirueggy
>story centers around virus epidemic
>is named black BULLET

logic
AutoMedic

kirukashi wrote:

>story centers around virus epidemic
>is named black BULLET

logic
Stupid name is stoopid
Kurogamii
so, do you wanna change it to black antidote?
kirueggy

Kurogamii wrote:

so, do you wanna change it to black antidote?
lmao anything but black butler
gretay
how about no game no life? that's a funny great one especially that little sister :3
Feast
Hmm... I recently finished to watch Fate stay night (Found it decent) and I wonder if I should watch Fate zero now ? I've heard that Zero wasn't that great and was worst than stay night, is it true ? :P
Navizel
You got it backwards.

Story: F/Z->F/SN
Rating: F/Z->F/SN
Feast
Hmm... ok thanks, I wasn't sure about which one was supposed to be better than the other tho, so I confused myself :P

Anyway thanks, I'll probably start Fate zero then
Rio-
can't wait for Fate/Stay Night Remake... if the rumors is true
Justykanna
I really didn't like Fate/Stay Night at all.
Except my brother is watching Fate/Zero and says it's amazing past the first three or four episodes...

On the fence whether I wanna pick it up.
Mogsy

Justykanna wrote:

Except my brother is watching Fate/Zero and says it's amazing past the first three or four episodes...

Can't say it'll grab you but I didn't even finish F/SN and loved F/Z. So hey, there's that. Get over the hump of the 45-minute exposition-dump of a premiere and stick around for a little bit, see if it grabs you.

Rider is the best waifu ok
DeletedUser_2880482

mathexpert wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions for good slice of life/comedy/school anime? Things like MM!, Kannagi, K-On!, etc.
Recently, there's two that you might like.

Love Live! School Idol Project (2 seasons, S2 ongoing)
The iDOLM@STER (forgot how many seasons)

Love Live! has more focus to the plot and is really awesome, I suggest you give both a try... :3

Hope it helps~ne
DeletedUser_2880482

kirukashi wrote:

PanyaxSnow wrote:

Any really sad anime? i watched Clannad and Angel Beats and Anohana and E.F and yeah...im running out QQ
Air.

*the feels*
Try Nagi no Asukara 凪のあすから Same studio as Angel Beats [PA Works]
MORE

FEELS!!!!
Justykanna

Mogsworth wrote:

Justykanna wrote:

Can't say it'll grab you but I didn't even finish F/SN and loved F/Z. So hey, there's that. Get over the hump of the 45-minute exposition-dump of a premiere and stick around for a little bit, see if it grabs you.

Rider is the best waifu ok
Guess I'll have to consider it then!
What's waifu? lol.
FireFoxZX
Moetan :P all i can say is Moetan
kirueggy
Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation.

11/10 would watch
Mogsy
Do people just not read the first page anymore.

ampzz wrote:

Just so that this doesn't turn into a complete spam-fest of people saying stuff along the lines of, "Watch [insert anime title] because I think it's good!"
This is where you suggest things to people who are looking, not just spouting off titles saying "JUST WATCH IT." Be civilized.

Also ugh, Neptunia. No thanks.
KinkiN

Mogsworth wrote:

+1. i kinda hate anime with all-girls-situation, K-ON included. but i like all-girls-situation and 1 male lead a.k.a harem

i refuse to watch it too, but i claim some of the chara as mai waifu(s) huehehehehe
Mogsy

Yuzuru wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

+1. i kinda hate anime with all-girls-situation, K-ON included. but i like all-girls-situation and 1 male lead a.k.a harem

i refuse to watch it too, but i claim some of the chara as mai waifu(s) huehehehehe
not why I dropped it, your statement seems extremely sexist to me. actually no it is REALLY sexist

Anyway, let's just get back on topic.
CephiCC

Mogsworth wrote:

not why I dropped it, your statement seems extremely sexist to me. actually no it is REALLY sexist

Well it's not sexist, for one. He just doesn't like all-female anime. Harems are gross af
Mogsy

CephiCC wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

Well it's not sexist, for one. He just doesn't like all-female anime. Harems are gross af
He doesn't like anime with all females unless they're pursued as potential romantic/sexual interests by a male character. That is sexist as hell.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Recommend me a mecha title that is entertainingly over the top and ludicrous. I've seen stuff like TTGL, Code Geass, etc..
Luna
@Mogs: Nadesico
KinkiN

Mogsworth wrote:

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Recommend me a mecha title that is entertainingly over the top and ludicrous. I've seen stuff like TTGL, Code Geass, etc..
mecha with some funny element huh. I can only think about Euruka Seven(drama.have some feels iirc) , Infinite Stratos (typical harem, the most densest person + mecha) , Aquarion (both Sousei and EVOL. Epic storyline imo, EVOL got some good mecha)
Kurogamii
gundam build fighters, aired last fall
pretty good

if you want some ecchi stuff just watch kanzen robo daimidialer
Mogsy
Will definitely check out Nadesico, GBF, and Aquarion (at some point; it's Shoji Kawamori so why not). Not gonna bother with IS or Daimdialer because ecchi/harem really are not my thing.

maybe I should eventually rewatch E7 ohoho
kirueggy

Mogsworth wrote:

Not gonna bother with IS or Daimdialer because ecchi/harem really are not my thing
Well if IS had more action and less HNNNGGG like SAO and all, then would you consider?
Mogsy

kirukashi wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

Not gonna bother with IS or Daimdialer because ecchi/harem really are not my thing
Well if IS had more action and less HNNNGGG like SAO and all, then would you consider?
No. I've seen some IS, it isn't my thing. Harem shit in general isn't my thing and I didn't like how the series was written as a whole.

Also, thanks for also assuming that I like a series that I also do not like in the slightest just because I don't like your favourite anime. Real mature there.

I'm usually not a fan of most light novel adaptations in general, either, especially those of the male power fantasy variety. Both IS and SAO are very thinly-veiled male power fantasies.
Justykanna
I actually meant to check our Aquarion a while ago.
Anyways.

Mogsworth wrote:

I assume you've seen Valvrave the Liberator (or at least tried it)? If not, maybe give that a try.
I consider that entertaining because it's reasonably flashy and some of the stuff in it I'd consider over the top.

Not really 'over the top and ludicrous', but Gundam 00 remains my favourite mecha, just because I love the characters/mechs and it looks great (well... to me anyway). Story's not terrible either. 50 episodes long with a movie ending.
Mogsy
Well that was the tipping point I needed to finally check out 00 (Yun Kouga designs also intrigued me).

Unfortunately I couldn't get past episode 10 of Valvrave. :c Maybe someday, but yeah.
Fabi
Looking for something similar to Code Geass or Death Note. Any suggestions?
Nofool

Fabi wrote:

Looking for something similar to Code Geass or Death Note. Any suggestions?
try Kakumeiki Valvrave ? don't give up after the first episodes, the story really becomes serious later. I really enjoyed this one and thought 'bout code geass, and ofc mecha/revolution/student etc
No idea for death note ;_; it was just too good and different...

edit: btw I just noticed someone mentioned it before ^
show more