forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
silmarilen
anybody has some nice reccomendations for fantasy/magic related anime? no magical girl tho, something like legend of the legendary heroes or the sacred blacksmith or something
blissfulyoshi

silmarilen wrote:

anybody has some nice reccomendations for fantasy/magic related anime? no magical girl tho, something like legend of the legendary heroes or the sacred blacksmith or something
If you want something similar to legend of the legendary hero, try Tears to Tiara. I won't say it is an amazing series, but it is a long RPG-like adventurous journey.

Other things that might in the adventure/action (w/ magic) genre:
Brave 10 (Can't say this is great either)
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica (only selling point is the MC unless you want fanservice)

If you want something more like Sacred Blacksmith, there is probably at least 1 action (harem) romcom every season, so that shouldn't be too hard to find.
silmarilen
mhh i already watched tears to tiara, wasnt too bad.
brave 10 i have ready to be watched on my pc, ill check it out
hagure im actually downloading right now :P
LBlueDust
I'll suggest 2 pretty unique anime that you might be interested in.

Durarara!

What it's about:
Durarara is an anime based around the city of Ikebukuro. It is centered around several characters and tries to tell all their stories in one setting. You'll often see the same situation from the point of perspective of multiple characters. Apart from that it also has a great demonstration of how much character each and every one of the protagonists have. While I can't reveal much, the anime deals with the super natural, conspiracies, some slice of life and some pretty funny scenes at time.

I really don't wanna spoil anything but this is a really really unique anime.

Baccano!

What it's about:
This is another interesting anime based around the 30's in America. The setting is very authentic and it's quite impressive to see the amount of small detail put into some scenes or some of the people around the earlier times of America. This anime handles multiple points of view in one scene, however, it also follows multiple points of view in different times (the scenes tend to go back from 2 years ago up to the character's current present). Just like before, the protagonists pretty much feel like they're not just a dull piece of plot points and it ends up being another interesting thing to watch.

To make things more interesting, both Durarara and Baccano were written by the same person. To continue on, the same anime studio has also done the anime itself. This being said, you should only expect the best from these two.

If you're interested in checking these out, do so! I'm sure you won't regret it!
Kiyura_old
have any suggestion for harem/school life anime?
-Seren-
try kampfer
DX5536

bryan170799 wrote:

IS (infinite stratos)
Maken-ki
Rosario to Vampire

But you probably already watched the 1st and 3rd.

And any good anime like Hakuouki?
Lumikki_old

bryan170799 wrote:

School Days absolutely, but I warn you that the plot goes a bit crazy in the end of the anime.
alanwz
i would recommend chihayafuru :)

it's an anime that describes the growth and journey of a girl named Chihaya who finds herself through a japanese card game called karuta. i wasn't really expecting much when i started it, but it's definitely one of the more beautiful anime i've seen.
MiharuUwU

alanwz wrote:

i would recommend chihayafuru :)

it's an anime that describes the growth and journey of a girl named Chihaya who finds herself through a japanese card game called karuta. i wasn't really expecting much when i started it, but it's definitely one of the more beautiful anime i've seen.
so true it gets really intense fast too season 3 needs to come
Yasen Baka
I'm looking for some decent supernatural/psychological genres anime. Something among the lines of Death Note, Higurashi, Mirai Nikki, or Madoka Magica, but avoiding horror genre like Elfen Lied and Gantz.
Apex_old
I want a series with Symbolism+Allusions+Well-thought Plot. So that does not include Evangelion.
Rio-

MetalGearSnake wrote:

I'm looking for some decent supernatural/psychological genres anime. Something among the lines of Death Note, Higurashi, Mirai Nikki, or Madoka Magica, but avoiding horror genre like Elfen Lied and Gantz.
Try Shinsekai Yori ( The Horror still exists, but not as much as Elfen Lied ) or Chaos;Head ( Horror still exists, but same as SY, not much as Elfen Lied )
-Seren-

MetalGearSnake wrote:

hmm.. try sola and Now and Then, Here and There
Lust

Apex wrote:

I want a series with Symbolism+Allusions+Well-thought Plot. So that does not include Evangelion.
RahXephon
Claire_old_1
can anyone help me? i need anime like Nodame Cantabille?
I watch too many anime before, and this is the only anime that make me lol almost on every episode xD

thx
-Seren-
i havent watched that anime but if u like comedy then black butler, angel beats
Rio-

Claire wrote:

I watch too many anime before, and this is the only anime that make me lol almost on every episode xD

thx
If You like Comedy that will make you loled every Episode, I bet You'll like Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu... It's not Josei though, just plain School-Life Comedy :D
Claire_old_1

satriobp wrote:

Claire wrote:

thx
If You like Comedy that will make you loled every Episode, I bet You'll like Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu... It's not Josei though, just plain School-Life Comedy :D
well i watched that anime...but i think nodame is better here :3 (just my opinion)
this anime is just so hilarious lol, with just thinking about this make me lol xD
Rio-

Claire wrote:

well i watched that anime...but i think nodame is better here :3 (just my opinion)
this anime is just so hilarious lol, with just thinking about this make me lol xD
Then What about Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou or Hataraku Maou-sama!?

And also... I'm not A Josei-fans, That's why I didn't watch Nodame ( But I'll try to watch it )
Waraight
Any good romantic comedy or action romance suggestion?

Kinda like Toradora!, Hataraku Mao-sama, Oreimo, Guilty Crown etc
-Seren-
try inu x boku ss
Fzero100

Waraight wrote:

You might like Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai or Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai.
Waraight

Fzero100 wrote:

Waraight wrote:

You might like Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai or Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai.

I've actually watched both of those lol
Kanade4Life
any good comedy anime?
like seitokai no ichizon, seitokai yakuindomo, acchi kocchi, yuru yuri, etc?
Graphite Edge
Servant x Service, GJ-bu
GeeNX

Waraight wrote:

Blood Lad is pretty similar to Hataraku Maou-sama though now, till episode 3 it didn't show much romance, but well, comedy for sure
Remonwater
can someone recommend me an anime with a perceptive/intelligent protagonist? preferably rom com, but it's ok if not. for example Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru, Hyouka, Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai, Steins; Gate

and perhaps anime about motivation, passion, and perseverance like Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo?

thanks
Apex_old

excellionn wrote:

can someone recommend me an anime with a perceptive/intelligent protagonist? preferably rom com, but it's ok if not. for example Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru, Hyouka, Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai, Steins; Gate

and perhaps anime about motivation, passion, and perseverance like Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo?

thanks
Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Cowboy Bebop might count if you want.
Plus_old_1

excellionn wrote:

thanks
It's not an anime, it's a VN but it has what you want, a pretty clever protagonist, romance and good comedy (and pretty good drama too), its called Sharin no Kuni ~ Himawari no Shoujo.
If you liked Yahari's MC, you're going to love this one.

Apex wrote:

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Cowboy Bebop might count if you want.
But Shinji is pretty stupid :roll:
mathi747

excellionn wrote:

thanks
You may like Phi brain kami no puzzle

satriobp wrote:

Claire wrote:

Then What about Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou or Hataraku Maou-sama!?

And also... I'm not A Josei-fans, That's why I didn't watch Nodame ( But I'll try to watch it )
I loved Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, made me laught so hard every cap also Seitokai no Ichizon and Seitokai Yakuindomo really fun animes
GeeNX
Any1 knows something similar to Durarara!! , thank you. I don't want something THAT awesome, it's really hard
UnderminE

dont forget to watch OVAs, also both anime take place in same universe. You can see Baccano references in Durarara, plus there were 2 characters from Baccano (Isaac Miria)

^ great one
warwolfz

xRa1n wrote:

Any1 knows something similar to Durarara!! , thank you. I don't want something THAT awesome, it's really hard
Bacanno!
Canaan
Wolf's Rain
Mawaru Penguindrum
Hatsukoi Limited
Cowboy Bebop
Higashi no Eden
Great Teacher Onizuka
Michiko to Hatchin
Black Lagoon
UnderminE
Wolf's Rain? It is a deep drama ;_; I think he wants lively-hyped action.
Seikunai

Claire wrote:

thx
Honey and Clover is definitely a good anime for you.
Mercutia_old
Anything like Psycho-Pass, K Project, or Darker than Black? o:
UnderminE

Mercutia wrote:

Jormungand maybe (similar with Black Lagoon)
Ergo Proxy <3 (Sci-fi elements, like Psycho-Pass)
If you have endurance to watch all, go for Ghost in the Shellseries, you will love it. (This is also similar with Psycho-Pass)
Oor Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. (This is similar with Darker than Black)
Mercutia_old

UnderminE wrote:

Mercutia wrote:

Jormungand maybe (similar with Black Lagoon)
Ergo Proxy <3 (Sci-fi elements, like Psycho-Pass)
If you have endurance to watch all, go for Ghost in the Shellseries, you will love it. (This is also similar with Psycho-Pass)
Oor Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. (This is similar with Darker than Black)
I've actually seen all the Ghost in the Shell. <3 It's an "oldie" but a goodie. c: And the other 3 look really good. Thank you so much. :D
Jacqli
i need anime that has serious romance on it,like a confession of love and going out!
ex:
- MIR
- Amagami
- Clannad
- ore no kanojo to osanijimi wa shubara shugiru
please help ^^
show more