Total Posts
show more
whymeman

Cropzy wrote:

*stuff*
*stuff*
*stuff*
*and more stuff*
Why in the hell did you list HENTAI as a recommendation?

.... Anyways, what about anime that stand out like Big O or s-CRY-ed?

Oh, and Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure. They're more around the Sci-fi area, but has some interesting traits.
Topic Starter
ampzz
Since common sense doesn't seem to apply to people; going to add this as a permanent rule which must be adhered to otherwise your post will be removed, no questions asked.
  1. Do not link, discuss or 'recommend' any hentai title, ever.
You can find it added into the bottom of the opening post for this thread as well so there's no excuses for not knowing about it.

I'll be getting admins to clear out all of the hentai discussion (which should never have happened in the first place) so that this thread can be viewed by everyone without the need for this crap to ever be in view.

In saying that, it is a part of the rules regarding Otaku Culture anyhow.
xVoidProphet
I'm searching for an anime in the genre of gore, resembeling the newly released Attack on Titan. Something including the Supernatural of course. I just want to see a brutal character with little care fo humanity and power. I've seen Guilty Crown, Death Note, Ganz, Deadman Wonderland,Naruto, Bleach, and many more. I actually do not mind if they are in Manga state right at the moment. Any suggestion is great.
Justykanna

xVoidProphet wrote:

I'm searching for an anime in the genre of gore, resembeling the newly released Attack on Titan. Something including the Supernatural of course. I just want to see a brutal character with little care fo humanity and power. I've seen Guilty Crown, Death Note, Ganz, Deadman Wonderland,Naruto, Bleach, and many more. I actually do not mind if they are in Manga state right at the moment. Any suggestion is great.
You could try Blood+.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/150/Blood+
The blood and gore is fairly plentiful. =P
Supernatural, yes. Vampires / monsters known as Chiropterans are the reason why, there.
Most of the antagonists I can say care little for humanity, especially in mid-stages of the anime.
The synopsis in the link will give you more of an idea what it's about.

It's a 50 episode anime. It actually has a manga out but it doesn't really follow the exact same story line - someone can correct me of any details on that since I read it ages ago. It's somewhat old so finding a higher-quality stream / torrent / download might be a little difficult. I watched it in English dub and they were done really well - I can't tell you much on the Japanese voice actors though. The story is strong and beats Guilty Crown in that regard, though the pacing felt somewhat slow at times (only a minor irk to me). OST is good, but was nothing overly special to me.

Give it a try, you might like it.
Courtney_old
How is Samurai Champloo?
My friend showed me a Youtube video of a trailer of it and it looks awesome.
Also, how long is it? if it's lengthy, are there a lot of fillers? because I have a pretty short attention span.
The short length of Mirai Nikki and the fact that something interesting/exciting was always happening was one of the things that really made me stick with it, if that gives you an idea of what kind of anime I'm looking for.
xVoidProphet

Courtney wrote:

How is Samurai Champloo?
Also, how long is it? if it's lengthy, are there a lot of fillers? because I have a pretty short attention span.
The short length of Mirai Nikki and the fact that something interesting/exciting was always happening was one of the things that really made me stick with it, if that gives you an idea of what kind of anime I'm looking for.
Samurai Champloo is an absolutely amazing anime, I promise. Its story follows a girl in search of a specific samurai who smells of Sunflowers and will be referred to as the Sunflower Samurai. The anime is fairly brutal, sparing no scene of blood shedding or destruction. It has great historical background and has some nonfictional plot which the watcher needs to be constantly reminded that it is NOT real or historically accurate. Highly recommended . ( Vulgar Language and Sexual Activity, as well as Blood and Gore warning. )
Courtney_old

xVoidProphet wrote:

Courtney wrote:

How is Samurai Champloo?
Samurai Champloo is an absolutely amazing anime, I promise. Its story follows a girl in search of a specific samurai who smells of Sunflowers and will be referred to as the Sunflower Samurai. The anime is fairly brutal, sparing no scene of blood shedding or destruction. It has great historical background and has some nonfictional plot which the watcher needs to be constantly reminded that it is NOT real or historically accurate. Highly recommended . ( Vulgar Language and Sexual Activity, as well as Blood and Gore warning. )
thank you so much :) i'm really excited to start watching it~
KuroyuriArlovS
Anyone can recommend me a good shounen, fantasy/supernatural (with a little or a lot of comedy) anime? that doesn't have much romance, if possible...
I really enjoyed Medaka Box&Medaka Box Abnormal, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, Ao no Exorcist, Ixion Saga DT, P4A, and was wondering if there are any other anime that resembles any of those anyone can recommend me? (I don't mind gore). Also what do you guys think about Lupin The Third: Mine Fujiko to iu Onna (story-wise) is it good?
Irisu_old
Can someone help me find an anime that is mostly comedy? Also I don't want the anime to include alot of fanservice.
those
Nichijou. Lucky Star.
ArcherLove

Irisu wrote:

Can someone help me find an anime that is mostly comedy? Also I don't want the anime to include alot of fanservice.
Danshi Koukosei no nichijou

those wrote:

Nichijou. Lucky Star.
:)
Mogsy

Irisu wrote:

Depends wholly on the type of comedy.

If you want fast-paced, silly gags, go for Daily Lives of High School Boys (Danshi Kokousei no Nichijou). If you're more of a slower-paced type of person who still enjoys surreal gags, Azumanga Daioh is a good option. If you want a combination of the two, go for Nichijou.

If you dig general high school comedy, you can't go wrong with Great Teacher Onizuka (be warned, as there is fanservice). And Yet The Town Moves (Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru) is an often-forgotten comedy that might be the tamest thing Shaft's ever put out, and it benefits from this by having some quick-paced dialogue and knowing very well about what it's poking fun at.

If you want reference comedy, Binbogami ga! is a decent selection, as the references only enhance the joke and can still be understood from a visual context (literally the only time that reference comedy works; pointing out that something exists is not a joke looking at you, Lucky Star). It has a bit of fanservice as well, but it happens.

Hopefully this helps!
Irisu_old
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll be sure to watch them.
whymeman
if you also want non-sense comedy to laugh at, there's also Cromartie High School.
Inamaru

Irisu wrote:

Azumanga Daioh
KinkiN

Irisu wrote:

Beelzebub. can't think of anything else

oh yea Angel Beats! also have comedy element in the anime.
Stark
ZefxMeep
I love Azumanga Daioh ♥_♥
Wok

heriotzA wrote:

Can someone help me find an anime like Kaze no Stigma or To aru majutsu no Index? ty ! :D
Angel Beats!       STREAM LINKS REMOVED. AGAINST FORUM RULES.

Durarara!!  

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!      

They're all somewhat similar (except for Angel Beats!, but that one's seriously really worth watching.) Loved watching all of them. Also if you'll allow me, I would really recommend watching Samurai Champloo. Most people I know (with different genre tastes) loved it.
Stark
Wok

heriotzA wrote:

already finished those 3 :'( but ty anyways ! :3
Oh really?? D:
Then I can't seem to find any anime that fits to your description, gomen.
You should totally watch some of the animes that aired this season instead of searching for animes that are similar to To Aru Majutsu no Index.
I don't think you'll find any tbh, but you could still try searching for it somewhere. I suggest you "move on". ; x ;
KinkiN

heriotzA wrote:

Can someone help me find an anime like Kaze no Stigma or To aru majutsu no Index? ty ! :D
I didn't watch Kaze no Stigma , so I'll answer the anime that similar to To Aru Majutsu no Index

How about Zero no Tsukaima? and To Aru Kagaku no Railgun in case you didn't know about it.
Sebaku
Are there any anime out there similar to Higurashi or Steins;Gate? I tried Umineko, but i dropped it at ep 2. Should I pick it up again? Other animes I enjoyed: Death Note, Code Geass, Darker than Black, Durarara, Mirai Nikki, Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon. Yeah I watch a lot of mainstream stuff. :P I like semi horror stuff, though as long as the story has a decent plot I'd probably enjoy watching it. (So please don't recommend stuff like SAO as it had one of the worst plots in my opinion. :( Not saying it's a bad anime though! It just wasn't made for me.)

I haven't found myself enjoying any anime too much the last few months, would be nice to pick one up again. If anyone has any recommendation at all based on my preferences, that would be highly appreciated.
Navizel
Another.
KinkiN

Sebaku wrote:

Are there any anime out there similar to Higurashi or Steins;Gate? I tried Umineko, but i dropped it at ep 2. Should I pick it up again? Other animes I enjoyed: Death Note, Code Geass, Darker than Black, Durarara, Mirai Nikki, Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon. Yeah I watch a lot of mainstream stuff. :P I like semi horror stuff, though as long as the story has a decent plot I'd probably enjoy watching it. (So please don't recommend stuff like SAO as it had one of the worst plots in my opinion. :( Not saying it's a bad anime though! It just wasn't made for me.)

I haven't found myself enjoying any anime too much the last few months, would be nice to pick one up again. If anyone has any recommendation at all based on my preferences, that would be highly appreciated.
Try chaos;head. It has some similarities with steins gate
Lust

Sebaku wrote:

Try the bakemonogatari series.
Sebaku

Otonashi07 wrote:

Another.
That surprisingly fits all my criteria really well, concept sounds really interesting too, I'll take a look into Another, thanks.

Otonashi Yuzuru wrote:

Try chaos;head. It has some similarities with steins gate
I tried Chaos;head a long time ago, and actually never finished it, because it wasn't done airing yet. I guess I'll pick it up again, cheers.

Side Pocket wrote:

Try the bakemonogatari series.
One of my friends also recommended this to me and we watched the first 2 episodes together, but I became bored with it quite quickly. I do really want to finish it, because I hear a lot of great things about it.

Anyway, thank you all 3 of you, for the recommendations, at least I have something to watch now. :)
warwolfz
Try Sankarea
-Loki-
Binbougami Ga!
Restless Spirit
Hey guys.

Dunno how often you hear that question, but:
I want to watch Umineko No Naku Koro Ni and wanted to ask if it is, in any way, related to Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and if I am required to watch Higurashi before Umineko since it came out earlier, or not. And, if they are related, in which way they are.
Mogsy
Higurashi is related to Umineko in that they are created by the same creator and that there are expys of two characters from Higurashi in Umineko (just characters who look/act similarly but are different characters). You do not need to know one before interacting with the other, it just makes some fanon subtext a bit more interesting.

With this in mind, though, I'm not as big on the Umineko anime as I am on the visual novel series due to the ruined pacing and annoying character interpretation. The pacing is much too quick compared to the VN's atmospheric elements.
Restless Spirit
Thank you very much.

I planned to watch the anime after playing the VN anyway, so yeah. I'll see it then. First I want to see the original. Where it came from. I developed such an interest in Umineko that I thought playing the novel first would be a good step. Thank you for your convenience.
ToodleNoodles
Is there anything out there remotely like Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin? Anything that oozes badassery PLZ
warwolfz

ToodleNoodles wrote:

Is there anything out there remotely like Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin? Anything that oozes badassery PLZ
Claymore
Mogsy

ToodleNoodles wrote:

If you don't mind stilted animation from an older series, I definitely recommend Berserk. Filled to the brim with action and badassery.
wolfn

Mogsworth wrote:

If you don't mind stilted animation from an older series, I definitely recommend Berserk. Filled to the brim with action and badassery.
I haven't gotten around to Shingeki no Kyojin yet, but I second Berserk. I usually have trouble getting into older series but Berserk was an exception.
420Guy

Powersocke wrote:

Hey guys.

Dunno how often you hear that question, but:
I want to watch Umineko No Naku Koro Ni and wanted to ask if it is, in any way, related to Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and if I am required to watch Higurashi before Umineko since it came out earlier, or not. And, if they are related, in which way they are.
There are two different animes, the is nothing the same.
In my opinion Umineko is way better than higurashi.
Lust

ToodleNoodles wrote:

Dragon Ball Z

Fist of the North Star
dNextGen
can someone tell me good slice of life anime/anime movies ?

something that has good scenery is welcomed as well

adventure is okay too,anything that is not moe shit/romance pls

ty
Rio-

dNextGen wrote:

can someone tell me good slice of life anime/anime movies ?

something that has good scenery is welcomed as well

adventure is okay too,anything that is not moe shit/romance pls

ty
5 Centimeters per Seconds & Kotonoha no Niwa ( Maybe They have some Romance too, but has a lot of deep feels behind it [Sorry for My Bad English] ) .... That's All I know
show more