forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
cokeshawty
I'd suggest Kaiji. Just started watching and it's like a renewal.
Sallad4ever

Hanyuu wrote:

Hey please recommend me an anime. I dont have any genre request im up to anything but not an anime where everyone are highschool students.
I want something with more fantasy and less reality to it.
Animes i enjoyed before:

Higurashi no naku koro ni+Rei and umineko no naku koro ni of course
Clannad, K-ON complete, kimi ga nozomu eien, evangelion+movies, hellsing,macross frontier(<3), Claymore, watched a bit of one piece and slayers but didnt finish, oh and soul eater - i really liked this design and the world of the anime

Well cant think of much others, thanks for your suggestions..
I'm sure you already watched this as it's still airing on this season I still mention it anyway, try Magi, it's a good fantasy anime with some adventure mixed in. You can also try Ixion Saga DT but that one don't really have any plot so far (more like a gag anime).

Other than that, maybe try Katanagatari, Tower of Druaga, Brave Soul (this ones a movie), and maybe Kyousogiga too (I don't know about this as I only watched the ova & and it still airing too)
zertap

H_Hitachiin wrote:

Elfen Lied <3
I liked hyouka too.
Also Utawarerumono was one of the best animes (I'm really into kemonomimi stuff) I have watched recently.
Best anime I have seen.. well nothing didn't pop up instantly so I guess I don't have one.
I would suggest watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012 edition, currently airing) for everyone :)
Hanyuu
Thanks i will try one of those you mentioned. I never heard of them, beside shakugan no shana. I saw that but i forgot to mention :o
Momochikun
Watching alone Hyouka / Another at 11.59 PM
:V
GeeNX
Liked Loved Mirai Nikki, any similar series??

Thanks
neonat
Watch btooom! when it is released.
GeeNX

neonat wrote:

Watch btooom! when it is released.
Watching atm, didnt watch last episode yet because of some personal issues, but I follow x week, thanks anyways
neonat
Maybe watch Higurashi or Shuffle
Exw
Ano Natsu de Matteru. um, I haven't finished it yet, but I have first impressions for this series
okenoshofu
For this season: Magi, K, BTOOOM!, Shin Sekai Yori, Robotics; Notes, Psycho-Pass, Suki Tte Ii Na Yo & Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Katze
Could somebody suggest me a good anime, something like natsume yuujinchou?
also some slice of life animes like uhm.. kuragehime or anohana? would be very nice ;u;
Toki Hakurei
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2012 has to be the most manga faithful anime to date. No filler. No BS. All badass.
Mogsy

Winkekatze wrote:

also some slice of life animes like uhm.. kuragehime or anohana? would be very nice ;u;
  1. Sketchbook
  2. Mushi-shi
  3. Bartender
  4. Aria the Animation/Natural/Origination
  5. Someday's Dreamers (Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto)/Someday's Dreamers II: Sora (Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora)
  6. BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad
  7. Paradise Kiss
bentyhunter

Mogsworth wrote:

Winkekatze wrote:

1. Sketchbook
  2. Mushi-shi
  3. Bartender
  4. Aria the Animation/Natural/Origination
  5. Someday's Dreamers (Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto)/Someday's Dreamers II: Sora (Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora)
  6. BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad
  7. Paradise Kiss

Joshiraku, still plugging it to this day.

Also, I'm currently watching paranoia agent and im loving it! are there are other paranormal / haunted, scary anime's you can recommend?
Mogsy
Paranoia Agent isn't supernatural horror. Finish it up and you'll know what I mean, but...(thematic spoilers that kinda spoil the rest of the show if you're not done) the supernatural horror idea is a red herring to lure viewers in, really. In reality it is a gigantic metaphor for the variety of effects that paranoia has on the psyche, how it is horrible for the mind yet absolutely necessary to maintain relative sanity, as everyone gets paranoid on ocassion.

For supernatural horror, you've got slim pickings for actual quality. Mostly Hell Girl, maybe Ghost Hunt. If you're interested in supernatural imagery interspersed in a psychological horror series, I'd recommend Ghost Hound, Paprika, or Perfect Blue. From this current season, for an eerie, slow, visually strange outing, I'd recommend Shin Sekai Yori.

Hell, really, I mentioned Perfect Blue and Paprika just now, but do yourself a favor and watch all of Satoshi Kon's work.
Sherbert
I haven't seen those animes but I have seen
K-ON it's a really cute anime with highschool girls in a band
Lucky Star: Another cute anime, highschool life thing
Naruto: a really awesome anime, it's one of my favorites. Ninja's, fighting, etc
Bleach: Another awesome anime that's one of my favorites, it had shinigamis/deathgods/
Fairy Tail: Mages- another (yet another) it has mages and other magical things like that- hence the name-
Death Note: A really cool anime with 'death notes' I won't tell too much ^^
And I've seen a lot of others, these were just a few ^^
Hatori-kun
Anyone can sugggest me a ecchi with a good and funny story? (Like Love Hina, Haganai, Akikan...)
neonat

Hatori-kun wrote:

Anyone can sugggest me a ecchi with a good and funny story? (Like Love Hina, Haganai, Akikan...)
Have you seen To-love Ru or maybe MM!, kore wa zombie desu ka?, baka to test to shoukanjuu is also quite funny. Needless is supposedly ecchi and comedy too I guess. From more recent seasons, Sankarea.
Hatori-kun

neonat wrote:

Hatori-kun wrote:

Have you seen To-love Ru or maybe MM!, kore wa zombie desu ka?, baka to test to shoukanjuu is also quite funny. Needless is supposedly ecchi and comedy too I guess. From more recent seasons, Sankarea.
I already seen all of these minus Needless.
noneed
Just finished Clannad After Story and despite of episode 22 I need something to cheer up.
Lance

noneed wrote:

Just finished Clannad After Story and despite of episode 22 I need something to cheer up.
Working!! and it's second season are pretty much the ultimate "cheer up" anime.
Faust

Lance wrote:

noneed wrote:

Working!! and it's second season are pretty much the ultimate "cheer up" anime.
Agreed.
noneed
Thanks, will certainly have a look!
DX5536
I like to have something similar to one kagayaku kisetsu e
- 1 -
Looking for a good anime that involves tennis.
H_Hitachiin
You love tennis don't you ^^;
- 1 -

H_Hitachiin wrote:

Yes, best sport in the universe.
Loading_old

- 1 - wrote:

Prince of Tennis ?

and I need recommendation >.<
my anime collection is out of stock, nothing to watch there
- 1 -

Loading wrote:

- 1 - wrote:

Prince of Tennis ?

and I need recommendation >.<
my anime collection is out of stock, nothing to watch there
Watched the entire series 3 times.

Not sure what you've not watched yet, but here's a couple:
Mirai Nikki, Nichijou, Gintama, Prince of Tennis.
Loading_old

- 1 - wrote:

Not sure what you've not watched yet, but here's a couple:
Mirai Nikki, Nichijou, Gintama, Prince of Tennis.
I already watch all of them, I think you can suggest me some underrated anime...
because I already watch most of mainstream anime (sorry my english is bad)
Loading_old

Hatori-kun wrote:

Ecchi with funny story it's a quite hard for me to find, if ecchi just like Highschool DxD or something like that, there's many of series like that.
Have you watch B Gata H Kei & Asu no Yoichi?
Birdy

- 1 - wrote:

H_Hitachiin wrote:

Yes, best sport in the universe.
I can 100% agree with you.

Looking for surreal animes and old-fashioned/traditional animes. I'm really bad at finding things.
Faust

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Looking for surreal animes and old-fashioned/traditional animes. I'm really bad at finding things.
Hmm. If you haven't already watched these.

The 12 Kingdoms.
Noir.
Texhnolyze.
Welcome to the NHK!.
Kiddy Grade.
Gunslinger Girl.

I think you'll find them at KAA (kickassanime)
Elancia
does someone know an extremely funny anime (daily lives of high school boys) or an extremely sad anime (clannad) or maybe something like sword art online (not accel world) :D -thankyou-
Birdy
Heh, Noir has been actually on my plan-to-watch list for a long time. Also Texhnolyze seems cool. Thanks~
Loading_old

Elancia wrote:

does someone know an extremely funny anime (daily lives of high school boys) or an extremely sad anime (clannad) or maybe something like sword art online (not accel world) :D -thankyou-
sad anime : Ano Hana, Angel Beats? or maybe other anime from Key
something like SAO? Maybe .Hack o.o

Looking for underatted anime, with a good story....
Genre? I don't really care I will accept any anime as long as it's not yaoi :3
Gilochan
Daily Lives of High School Boys :!:

RELY RECOMMENDED~ hueheuhue...
Mogsy

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Serial Experiments Lain
Texhnolyze
Ghost Hound
Paranoia Agent
Faust

Mogsworth wrote:

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Serial Experiments Lain
Texhnolyze
Ghost Hound
Paranoia Agent
Not holding back, eh.
show more