forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sallad4ever

loli66 wrote:

I want some ecchi, already finish airing, and slice of life
There are a lot of this, so it'll be very difficult to suggest before knowing what you've already watched. I'll just mention some
Ecchi: Kanokon, To Luve Ru (technically finished airing but there's OVA coming out if I'm not wrong), Seikon no Qwaser, Icchiban Ushiro no Daimaou, etc
Slice of Life: Usagi Drop (a must watch), Aria The Animation, Ano Mita Hana no Namae....., Clannad, Houro Musuko, Nichijou, Nichibro etc

Be aware that I'm just suggesting these based on your requested genre, there maybe some that you don't like (like Houror Musuko) but try to watch it first
hipster3000

Giganscudo wrote:

hipster3000 wrote:

I love NHK, and I was actually going to ask for something similar to it. Does anyone have any recommendations? Anything with the same brand of dark humour, psychological elements and emotional depth. Doesn't have to be a slice-of-life or comedy necessarily, I guess.
Stein's gate? (I shouldn't really recommend a show I've only watched 4-5 episodes of.) The atmosphere is kind of dark, has humour, involves psychological elements. Maaayybbeee... some emotional depth ^^^.

I'm not a guy who prefers dark plots or atmospheres.
Thanks, but I've already seen (and loved) Steins;gate. I wouldn't say it's much like NHK though. You should watch the rest :3

Anyways, does anyone know any anime with really weird/eyecatching designs, sorta like The Tatami Galaxy or Kaiba or Panty and Stocking? Any genre, just has to be different somewhat. Thanks in advance.
Apex_old
My new request so super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super hard that no anime falls under the scope of it. It's only one word.

It's only one word and I reveal it to you.

You ready to know the word?

To know what is the answer?

All right, let's not waste our time,

Reveal the word,

now.

Reveal!

The requirement is:

Christian.
Giganscudo

Apex wrote:

My new request so super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super hard that no anime falls under the scope of it.

ok...? School days? Please elaborate.
Sallad4ever

Kert wrote:

Hey why is my post hidden or something D:
I can still access it through searching my posts tho for some reason
I have the same problem with Kert here, it seems that my post responding to loli66 is hidden but still visible in search. Not only me, I can't see Accelerator-kun's and hipster3000's post either. Wonder what's happening here :?
Accelerator-kun

Sallad4ever wrote:

Kert wrote:

Hey why is my post hidden or something D:
I can still access it through searching my posts tho for some reason
I have the same problem with Kert here, it seems that my post responding to loli66 is hidden but still visible in search. Not only me, I can't see Accelerator-kun's and hipster3000's post either. Wonder what's happening here :?
I've posted yesterday, and I can't see it too.
Justykanna
Just finished Guilty Crown with disappointments galore, lol. Based on the plot, I thought it'd be perfect for me. Seemed interesting... And it was only 22 episodes so I figured, why not... Yeah... Music and graphics were awesome though.

I could use another anime. Any suggestions?
- Action is usually the way I lean. A side-ish love story on the side doesn't hurt. =D
- Gundam 00 or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood are probably my favourites at this point (though both destroy my point above so who knows) - both of which I liked in English dub because of the stronger voice actors. I prefer dub to sub simply because I don't like reading fully.
- Less blood than, let's say, Blood+ and Kenshin (Samurai X).
I'm trying to think of what else would get me into specifics. I don't watch a ton of anime as is. x.x
Bakario

Justykanna wrote:

Just finished Guilty Crown with disappointments galore, lol. Based on the plot, I thought it'd be perfect for me. Seemed interesting... And it was only 22 episodes so I figured, why not... Yeah... Music and graphics were awesome though.

- Action is usually the way I lean. A side-ish love story on the side doesn't hurt. =D
- Gundam 00 or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood are probably my favourites at this point (though both destroy my point above so who knows) - both of which I liked in English dub because of the stronger voice actors. I prefer dub to sub simply because I don't like reading fully.
I'm trying to think of what else would get me into specifics. I don't watch a ton of anime as is. x.x
Mazinkaiser SKL
Magicphoenix

Justykanna wrote:

*Busou Renkin
*Fate/Stay Night
*Senjou no Valkyria
*Full Metal Panic
*Eureka Seven (<3)
*Macross Frontier

All the action animes that contain Romance that I came up with on a whim, though most of them are rather story-based. Every series is pretty high caliber, hope you'll enjoy them
Bakario

Magicphoenix wrote:

*Fate/Stay Night
Nope, dats shitty

See this :

Justykanna

Bakario wrote:

Mazinkaiser SKL

Magicphoenix wrote:

*Busou Renkin
*Fate/Stay Night
*Senjou no Valkyria
*Full Metal Panic
*Eureka Seven (<3)
*Macross Frontier

All the action animes that contain Romance that I came up with on a whim, though most of the are rather story-based. Every series is pretty high caliber, hope you'll enjoy them
Thanks Bakario and Magicphoenix! I'll definitely look into these!
I actually haven't heard of Mazinkaiser, Enjou no Valkyria and Macross before so, yay.
I own the entire manga series for Buso Renkin and loved it. Usually I don't both read and watch the manga / anime, but we'll see.
Eureka Seven I actually watched when it aired on TV and I didn't much care for it. Maybe I'll give it another try. ; )
Lance

Justykanna wrote:

Eureka Seven I actually watched when it aired on TV and I didn't much care for it. Maybe I'll give it another try. ; )
A sequel to it is currently airing so if there was a time to watch it I would say do it now.

Bakario wrote:

Magicphoenix wrote:

*Fate/Stay Night
Nope, dats shitty
Fate/Prototype was a one off. I'd recommend Fate/Zero well before that although I have to agree the F/SN anime was shit.
Justykanna

Lance wrote:

Justykanna wrote:

A sequel to it is currently airing so if there was a time to watch it I would say do it now.
Ahhh, alright. Well, that makes me wanna watch it a little more. ; )

Lance wrote:

Bakario wrote:
Magicphoenix wrote:
*Fate/Stay Night

Nope, dats shitty

Fate/Prototype was a one off. I'd recommend Fate/Zero well before that although I have to agree the F/SN anime was shit.
I assume Fate / (Stay Night, Prototype, Zero) are all along the same story line or something?
Giganscudo

Lance wrote:

Bakario wrote:
Magicphoenix wrote:
*Fate/Stay Night

Nope, dats shitty

I assume Fate / (Stay Night, Prototype, Zero) are all along the same story line or something?
Nah

Fate/stay night is the main storyline.
Fate/Zero is the Prequel
and Prototype was the original that was a novel then changed into Light Novel namely Fate Stay Night. A 12 minute clip of the anime version was shown somewhere. (Heard that they have no plans of releasing a series of it.)

But I guess they are kinda the same. Servants killing each other and crap

Btw. Is the quoting thing stuffed or something?
Bakario

Giganscudo wrote:

Nah

Fate/stay night is the main storyline.
Fate/Zero is the Prequel
and Prototype was the original that was a novel then changed into Light Novel namely Fate Stay Night. A 12 minute clip of the anime version was shown somewhere. (Heard that they have no plans of releasing a series of it.)

But I guess they are kinda the same. Servants killing each other and crap

Btw. Is the quoting thing stuffed or something?

bentyhunter
I watched Clannad a few months ago and still firmly hold it as one of my favourite animes but it gave me an urge to find an anime with truly breath-taking art.
It's incredibly shallow but could someone give me suggestions for the nicest looking anime they know?
J u n k o_old
Any anime similar to Steins Gate ?
Mystery, Sci-fi , Thriller, something like that ?
iSwiftye

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions for good slice of life/comedy/school anime? Things like MM!, Kannagi, K-On!, etc.
Kimi To Boku seasons 1 and 2 are very funny light hearted school based comedys! check those out.
iSwiftye
Does anyone know a Anime similar to Oreimo, with like a sister brother relationship?
J u n k o_old

iSwiftye wrote:

Does anyone know a Anime similar to Oreimo, with like a sister brother relationship?
Kissxsis. But you will get horny watching this
Suzu_old_1

iSwiftye wrote:

hhhmmm..... Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!

Lance

Kamixdesu wrote:

iSwiftye wrote:

hhhmmm..... Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!

Everything about that show was horrible. Just wait for the second season which airs soon.
Bakario

J u n k o wrote:

Any anime similar to Steins Gate ?
Mystery, Sci-fi , Thriller, something like that ?
Kaiba, Kite Liberator (Ova), DayDream, Pale Cocoon, The entire GITS shit, Shinrei Tantei Yakumo.
Justykanna
I am back, looking for more suggestions!

- Action with a side-love story to it.
- Gundam 00 or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood are my favourites with Gundam SEED not far behind.
- English dub please.
- HD would be nice, but not necessary.

I finished Eureka Seven, Macross Frontier and am almost done Full Metal Panic.
Macross Frontier was probably my favourite of the three. Wasn't particularly fond of the other two - Eureka Seven felt very slow at times and Full Metal Panic felt more like a comedy-type thing more than anything.
obama-FTW
naruto iz vest hanyme ehuehhueuheh
Bakario
:!:

Justykanna wrote:

I am back, looking for more suggestions!

- Gundam 00 or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood are my favourites with Gundam SEED not far behind.
- English dub please.

I finished Eureka Seven, Macross Frontier and am almost done Full Metal Panic.
Macross Frontier was probably my favourite of the three. Wasn't particularly fond of the other two - Eureka Seven felt very slow at times and Full Metal Panic felt more like a comedy-type thing more than anything.
Xam'd : Lost Memories. Obligatory.
NCassava
is there any anime similiar to Shinrei Tantei Yakumo (Psychic Detective Yakumo) ? _(._.)_
Pesca_old
A Clannad one would be nice :P
Lance

Pesca wrote:

A Clannad one would be nice :P
Kanon and Air are both key works animated by KyoAni also. Little Busters! is airing this fall, but it's being animated by JC Staff (a much less reputable studio for this kind of work).

NCassava wrote:

is there any anime similiar to Shinrei Tantei Yakumo (Psychic Detective Yakumo) ? _(._.)_
Have you watched Ghost Hunt? If not try that out.
Justykanna

Justykanna wrote:

- English dub please.
Still looking for more suggestions! =)
I am watching Xam'd but me thinks I'll be done in the next little while.
-Kirika-
anything similiar to Nichijou?
Suzu_old_1

-Kirika- wrote:

Danshi Kōkōsei no Nichijō (Daily Lives of High School Boys) :3
-Kirika-

Kamixdesu wrote:

-Kirika- wrote:

oh yeah...I've read the story in a magazine...I should watching this. thx -3-
The Ribbon Red

Kamixdesu wrote:

I still don't get why they put that name as the title.
skywind08
Hey, anybody knows a good Rabu-Kome(Romance Comedy) Anime?
Like: The World God Only Knows, Toradora!, etc.

Or a lot of "Tsukomi" (comeback lines) Anime.
Like: Gintama, Sket Dance, etc.
Lance

skywind08 wrote:

Amagami SS and SS plus are a good fit for your first request. Bakatest for the second.
skywind08

Lance wrote:

skywind08 wrote:

Amagami SS and SS plus are a good fit for your first request. Bakatest for the second.
ty, i'm gonna try the bolded one... :D
Net-Nue

skywind08 wrote:

i think Nichijou, Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei, and Mitsudomoe, might fulfill your request :D
Sena Aizawa
Is there any anime that "same" as Kaiji / Kaiji S2 ?, i like kind of that anime, lol
ajiningrat1
wow
show more