forum

Weird finger issue while playing Osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cpthangover
Hi everyone, wasn't sure where to post this as it's a weird personal issue. When I am playing Osu my keyboard hand pinky finger tries to escape my hand, it's gotten to the point where it gets pretty painful fairly quickly. I can consciously try to keep it from moving to the side, but it ends up over to the side halfway through a song. Anyone else ever have a similar issue? I tried googling it but it doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned it. I don't have this issue while typing normally or playing other games. Not sure if anyone has recommendations or if I am clicking the keys in a weird way. I've been paying attention to posture, my arm is in line with the keyboard and at the same height. I fully alternate while playing, though it happens when I single tap easy songs as well.

Picture of the escaping pinky on Imgur https://imgur.com/a/oj6Cclf.
Psychicbagel
it just looks like a bodily habit. put all your fingers straight and practice just moving two fingers, habits might take some time to erase, unless you actually have a physical problem.
Topic Starter
cpthangover

Psychicbagel wrote:

it just looks like a bodily habit. put all your fingers straight and practice just moving two fingers, habits might take some time to erase, unless you actually have a physical problem.

Thanks for the response! I'll try that when I'm doing other things then to try and break the habit, I don't believe I have any physical issues.
MrSparklepants
I know it's not a pinky(mine naturally lifts up), but a couple months ago I had a problem with my thumb going under my hand, but I fixed it by playing more and making sure my thumb wasn't going under my hand, my performance went down, but it helped fix my problem, but everyone is different and you might need to find your own solution by trying different tap styles, the position of your fingers when tapping, etc. This probably didn't help at all, sorry.