forum

Osu!Mania | 4 Digit(+) MWC (FINISHED)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Turtwig
4 Digit(+) MWC

Discord

Welcome all to the 4 Digit(+) MWC, a tournament which will hopefully bring the genuine 4k MWC experience to many players still progressing in their climb to the top!

There's a lot of things to cover here and hopefully this forum post can clarify anything that players may be confused about:

Schedule

The schedule was altered slightly since the initial post - group stages were extended from 1 week to 2 weeks to make management a little more bearable. An updated visualisation of this new schedule has been made courtesy of Logan636

Teams

As with the genuine MWC, teams can contain a maximum of 6 players with a minimum of 3

Once player applications end, a team captain will be selected by staff based on a variety of factors in an attempt to be as fair as possible. These team captains are responsible for the selection of their roster from the players that applied from their country. It should be noted that captains will receive 72 hours from notification of captaincy to select and finalise their teams roster.

ex/ Country X receives 14 applicants, a captain is selected from the 14 members on the basis of, for the sake of argument, former tournament experience. This captain is then notified and given 72 hours to select their roster, inform the players and of course tournament staff.

Structure

The tournament is to follow a double elimination structure consisting of:

Qualifiers - 4 Charts each testing an individual skill set
Group Stage - Best of 7
Ro16 (subject to change on the basis of number of teams participating) - Best of 7
Qaurters - Best of 9
Semis - Best of 9
Finals - Best of 13
Grand Final - Best of 13

Qualifiers

The qualifiers stage will have each team play through a set of 4 charts twice - teams will put forward 3 players per chart and are able to interchange these players between charts. The top scores on each chart set by each team will be totaled and used as the basis upon which teams are seeded (see, group stages)

Group Stages

The group stages will have teams placed in to groups of a yet to be chosen number (group sizes will be decided on the basis of number of teams present.)
All the teams from each group will face each other.
Rankings of each group are determined by sorting the results of each team's performance in the following priority:
Most matches won.
The team's Win/Loss record
Most charts won

The need for this order of priority is to ensure to complications are met in the result of what could otherwise of been a tie.

Ro(x) And Further

The rounds after the Group Stage will be Double Elimination, consisting of two brackets, the 'Winners' and the 'Losers'.

Teams which finish top in their group, will be placed against the team who finished 2nd in a different group, for example:

Scenario: 8 groups in the group stage

The 1st place of group A will face the 2nd place of group H
The 2nd place of group A will face the 1st place of group H
The 1st place of group B will face the 2nd place of group G
The 2nd place of group B will face the 1st place of group G
etc.

Teams which win a match in the 'Winners Bracket' will progress through said bracket, teams which lose a match in the 'Winners Bracket' will fall to the 'Losers Bracket'. If teams in the 'Losers Bracket' lose a match in said bracket, they will be eliminated from the tournament. This continues up until the Grand Finals, where the team who has come from the 'Losers Bracket' must win two (2) matches against the player from the 'Winners Bracket', one (1) to initiate a bracket reset, and the next to win the tournament. The player from the 'Winners Bracket' must only win one (1) to win the tournament.

Tournament Play

Match Protocol

The referee will create the multiplayer room 10 minutes prior to the allotted time, and invite the team captains 5 minutes before the scheduled match time.

When both captains have arrived in the lobby and confirm they have 3 available players, the match will commence.

If a player / sufficient number of players are missing at the scheduled time, a 10 minute grace period will begin. Should they still not appear after this grace period, the match shall be assigned as a default win to the other attending team.

If both teams fail to attend / gather enough players for the scheduled time, a reschedule will occur, should this same scenario occur at the rescheduled time then the higher seeded team will receive a win by default

Matches will consist of a warm up to begin, one for each team, which must not exceed 4 minutes.

1 player per team will then !roll to determine the match order. The lower roll receives the first ban, the higher roll receives the first pick.

Teams are permitted one (1) ban from the map-pool, which cannot be the tiebreaker and are to be chosen by each teams respective captain. (it should further be noted that chart picks as well as bans are expected to be selected by the teams captain.)

Once the match commences, both teams will pick maps, alternating, until one (1) of two (2) criteria are met:

[A] One team reaches the required amount of points to win the match, in which they advance as the winner, the loser is either moved to the 'Losers Bracket', or eliminated from the tournament, depending on the bracket.

[B] Both teams are on match point, in which the tiebreaker map is played to determine the winner. The winner of this advances, and the loser is moved to the 'Losers Bracket', or eliminated from the tournament, depending on the bracket.

After the match completes, teams are free to leave the lobby, and the multiplayer room will be closed by the referee.

Application

Please follow this link and complete the form to sign up for this tournament.

Please join the Discord server once you have completed the form, and you will be given the 'Player' role once the application has been processed!

Example Registration Form:

Additional Rules

As a player, you have the right to expect that staff will perform to their best abilities throughout the tournament. This means matches are managed and concluded efficiently. If any issues do occur, please don’t hesitate to contact my discord indicating you are a tournament player, with the issue, and I will make sure to resolve any problems and confusions.

As staff, it is our right to expect you to arrive on time to your scheduled matches. Reschedules should be ideally negotiated and completed two days before matches for the round in question is set to start. As for any no-shows in matches, without any prior warning, this may result in a blacklisting for future tournaments, so please pay attention to this before you sign up.

As a player, you have every right to have an opinion on the content, structure and running of the tournament. If you are unhappy with anything, you are not restricted from voicing this, but please do this with reason in mind.

As staff, we have the right to punish any players for intolerable behaviour. I hold responsibility over decisions that may affect any players standing, however, any other tournament staff have the ability to forward any concerning behaviours that arise, be it towards players or staff. Please keep rationality in mind. Minor instances will result in a warning, whereas continued instances may result in removal from the tournament.

Disconnections are something that we can’t predict, and are unfortunate to happen. There are some provisions we have put into place to cover this. Players that have disconnected within the first 30 seconds / 25% of the map, will be nullified and reattempted. Players will have a two disconnection limit, upon the third disconnection, a point will be given to the opposing player.

The grace period stated in ‘Tournament Play - Protocol’ will be activated at the end of a completed map. If this timer reaches 0, the match will be forfeited, and the remaining player in the lobby will be declared the winner. If it occurs that both players have disconnected from the match, the grace period will apply again, if no reconnection takes place, the protocol stated previously will be put into place, and the higher seeded player will advance as the winner.

Prizes

It wouldn't be an MWC-esc tournament without some sort of incentive to strive for those top 3 spots! And for that reason I will personally be offering up a month of Osu! Supporter to each player in the top 3 teams at the end of this tournament! As much as I'd like to be able to offer up more, there's only so much I can afford as a student.

In the case of anyone feeling extremely generous I would graciously accept any support toward the prize pool, I hate to ask like this but I'd love to offer participants a chance at a respectable reward for their efforts, thanks for understanding!

I may have unfortunately left some things unclear within this forum post. Should that happen to be the case then feel free to leave a message in #questions within the discord server and don't hesitate to ping me or another relevant member of staff for a response. Thanks for your interest and I hope we can all see through a nice tournament start to finish!

Post-Completion

Challonge

Mappools

4 Digit MWC Mappools!

With Thanks to Serenade, HowToPlayLN, zero2snow and Amascite!

QualifiersThe SxPlay & KIVA - Hyou RyuuNekomata Master - Sayonara HeavenOISHII - CELLS AT WORKThaehan - Final Boss

GroupsAkira Yamaoka - Theme of Laura (DJ Sadan DnB Remix)DETRO - volcanicIo - Lv.0Montee - OmniTwothirds & Feint - Epiphany (feat. Veela)Toby Fox - Legendginkiha - nightfallX&G - ControlLily Allen - Fuck You (DJ THT Radio Edit)Magnetude - Broken

Ro16Waterflame - RadioCutternaotyu- feat. Eri Sasaki - Candy Tall Womanjoji - i don't wanna waste my timeEnd CreditsEscapes - Foreground EclipseAn - artcore JINJAStellabee - You're So WarmPepper Peach - Fire Exit [Original Mix]sasakure.UK - Good Bye Mr. JackSpektrem - Mountkid - Dino [NCS Release]TOKYO MACHINE - FIGHTDempagumi.Inc - Chururi Chururira

QuartersMaizang - Wind IslandKita Khyber - Acerbic Relationshipt+pazolite - QZKago RequiemZekk - Re:ConstructLV.4 - SprigganDET - FivesKobaryo - Eternal Ending (aran Remix)Daisuke Ohnuma - HONG KONG KUNG-FU HURRICANEBuckethead - Jordansakuzyo - HodieShawn Wasabi + YDG - Burnt RiceCamellia - Syzygia

Semiscybermiso - FFTmovies - Realize Maze (Extended Mix)Nauts - Second RunITO KASHITARO - Yuudachi no RibbonStellabee - Overflowing love and musiccosMo@BousouP - OceanusLolipusher - why as soon as we became so close, we have to say goodbye?pencil - little (girl) goodbye.rahLime - StargazerFreezer feat. Kiichigo - Chocolate ParadeRayark Sound Team - V.Jameson Hedge - pn sqnc 518[6]DKVPZ - FocusYUC'e - Future Cider

FinalsKanae Asaba - Endless Starlight ~Inochi no Kirameki~M2U - H.O.W.Ling[url=]aaaa - Carnation[/url]USAO - CyaeghaSevenRingUnion feat. yufu_sekka - Still Alive In Lovexi - Freedom Dive (tpz Overcute Remix)DJ Sharpnel - Over the FullereneshiftCamellia - In Black & Whitet+pazolite - Chrome VoxDJ Okawari - Flower Dancesiromaru - symbolic gearpenoreri - Sailing ForceCamellia - Lunatic Rough Party!! (Long Ver.)Louise Penman - Baptism of Fire (Cliqtrack remix)EvOke - EdisonKotori - Black Out The Alternative

Grand FinalsTsukitourou (Lite Show Magic Remix)Tatsh Assault X - The Dirty of LoudnessBad ElixirMore one nightWallspinApo11o"FILAMENT"program feat. Ritsuka - Re:incRnaTiONFragile (2011 mix)badboyDance, DanceThe Singing Swan:bi:Camellia - Towards the HorizonTRICKL4SH 220 (22,000 Power Extended)MellannOMEGA3R2 - Starlight (KIVA Remix)
-Rain
wakanda forever
Upbeat
first
[ro]Nosteal
canada gang
Sinaeb
Canada will dominate (in speed at least)
[GS]Rose
This is cute
Zephyte
hype
Edvo
Hey, this is interesting, i'm in. owo
Raveille
now can we ban korea
Minisora

Raveille wrote:

now can we ban korea

No, but we can ban Rav LN maps.
Edgar_Figaro
Assuming it’s country based but didn’t see that explicitly stated
yahweh
what key (4k or 7k)
-MyLoveIka-
4k or 7k?
My Angel Nilou
Keys pls... 4k or 7k?
ababa

Theresa May wrote:

Welcome all to the 4 Digit(+) MWC, a tournament which will hopefully bring the genuine 4k MWC experience to many players still progressing in their climb to the top!

-> 4k
Destinyy
Interesting :hey:
Molletew
:eyes:
Baal Sphere
Spain pls
-Rebecca-
Now this is interesting, application sent.
EVIRE-
maps is random?
DoNotMess
I wanna join but I'm gonna be hiatus in early July. ;-;
12XxryanxX12
ola ke ase
Manudekno
I'll get in even though I know I'm doing the ridiculous :v
Proxae
finally i could meme-ing at tournament
AbsurdDive
proper mwc 2014: 4+digit edition :D

Time to s[scratch] the bed again (this time on scoreV2 and on harder files)

GL everybody
AbsurdDive
we did what we could and had fun. GG USA

1ST PLACE: USA
2ND PLACE: ARG
3RD PLACE: PH
ERA arccat
I miss this already. Can't wait for 4DMWC v.2
riunosk
i wish i could decay faster