forum

What is Nightcore Mod?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SoItSeemS
What is nightcore mod? From what I've seen on forums that the nightcore mod was implemented a while ago and I guess was taken out?
I've seen in the top 40 ranks, people with the nightcore mod on some of the newer songs.
Is it special or can I somehow get this myself?
Thank you. :)
Nekoroll
Haha it's a special mode that increases vocal pitch, speeds up the song by 2x (like double time), and adds in extra bass "beats". It is to simulate the nightcore genre that has gotten pretty popular in osu!.

You can activate it by clicking down and dragging away the Double Time mod icon in Beatmap Mods during song select. The icon should change to a small pair of headphones that says "Nightcore".
Topic Starter
SoItSeemS
Thank you very much! :)
Didn't even know of such a thing, and I've been playing for a year :o
Marcin
It was implemented in last update.
Tshemmp

Nekoroll wrote:

Haha it's a special mode that speeds up the song by 2x (like double time).
It actually speeds up the song by 1,5x (like DT). Just saying.
Mithos
I wish we could get 1.5x pitch without having to deal with doubletime. I wanna play taiko with the bass beats :D
T-C[222]
I updated osu! and it's not in the Mod Selection menu.... so... I don't care it.
Cho_old

T-C[222] wrote:

I updated osu! and it's not in the Mod Selection menu.... so... I don't care it.
It's still hidden despite the fact that everyone knows about it now, you need to click and drag DT's icon to show it.
Fai-Chii
It's like a Double time mod xD
Posse
Finally! Been waiting for this since they put it in April's Fool last year :D
Nekoroll

Tshemmp wrote:

Nekoroll wrote:

Haha it's a special mode that speeds up the song by 2x (like double time).
It actually speeds up the song by 1,5x (like DT). Just saying.
Oh haha my bad. Thanks for the correction. :D
miss_master_old
lol~NC~
Vext_old

SoItSeemS wrote:

What is nightcore mod?
It's like sex, but I'm having it!
Bass
OMG VEXT
RusselG

Vext wrote:

SoItSeemS wrote:

What is nightcore mod?
It's like sex, but I'm having it!
gud1!!
Xenos Hydrargirum
You mean, it's just as mucj speed increasement as DoubleTime, but without Fermi correction (like if you increase speed in a normal player)?
FlyingKiwi

Nekoroll wrote:

Haha it's a special mode that increases vocal pitch, speeds up the song by 2x (like double time), and adds in extra bass "beats". It is to simulate the nightcore genre that has gotten pretty popular in osu!.

You can activate it by clicking down and dragging away the Double Time mod icon in Beatmap Mods during song select. The icon should change to a small pair of headphones that says "Nightcore".
I found it! Thanks! I thought it was supporters omly!
Awesomise
I hate nightcore cos it destroyed so much key rhymes within a song sometimes.バカ~バカ⑨~
E14

Awesomise wrote:

I hate nightcore cos it destroyed so much key rhymes within a song sometimes.バカ~バカ⑨~
oh you don't say...
nightcore helps a lot for problems in rythm and timing in other songs.... especially when you get too distracted much.. 8-)
H_Hitachiin
Nightcore Mod is like Russia.
In Soviet Russia,Osu plays you.
SOS_SWEevee
Can the Nightcore icon be skinned?
XPJ38
Yes: "selection-mod-nightcore.png"