forum

Experiment: Looking for new <dedicated> players

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Evanlet
A rewrite of the entire thread, I'll keep this brief as I did before.

I'm looking for a couple of new players for an experiment, it will be a play routine where you give 2-3 hours per day for a week and by the end of the week, should be able to S 5 star maps. As you may or may not be able to tell by reading replies, my "training guide" kicked up quite a fuss and pissed off several people. PM me or reply to this thread if interested, if successful, you'll be getting S's in 5 star maps by the end of the week.
Hiyorin
Your post looks like you just wanted to show off your new #1 while appearing modest, using the "advice" to justify a new thread.
Topic Starter
Evanlet

FruitTingles wrote:

Your post looks like you just wanted to show off your new #1 while appearing modest, using the "advice" to justify a new thread.
Would you like me to remove the videos? I don't feel as though I am worthy to brag at the skill level I currently reside at.
Those are just there for anyone who doubt that my method will work at all.

EDIT: And just to clarify, #1 is invalid until it has been held for a year or more, thus I do not believe I have bragging rights for it.
Sorry if the post came out looking as though I wanted to brag, I simply want to decrease the amount of spam in #osu and see people actually play.
Hiyorin

damiaanzx wrote:

FruitTingles wrote:

Would you like me to remove the videos? I don't feel as though I am worthy to brag at the skill level I currently reside at.
Those are just there for anyone who doubt that my method will work at all.

EDIT: And just to clarify, #1 is invalid until it has been held for a year or more, thus I do not believe I have bragging rights for it.
Sorry if the post came out looking as though I wanted to brag, I simply want to decrease the amount of spam in #osu and see people actually play.
Oh no, I just thought of it that way because the advice seemed neglected from being so short compared to your qualifications since you wanted to keep it brief.
Topic Starter
Evanlet

FruitTingles wrote:

Oh no, I just thought of it that way because the advice seemed neglected from being so short compared to your qualifications since you wanted to keep it brief.
I like to keep it brief because brief is best. What else do you want me to add to it? Recommended maps? Play everything and learn how to move in every direction as I said, would cover that. Other than that, I'm unaware of what I could possibly add that would be beneficial rather than just clutter.
thelewa

damiaanzx wrote:

Within the first week, you should be able to S+ most 5 star maps without mods.
Are you sure you're not promising too much?
Milkshake

thelewa wrote:

damiaanzx wrote:

nononono we all should play osu! 25/7
WE HAVE NO LIFE wwwww
I mean wtf ok
Sakura
You do realize removing backgrounds is cheating right?
Yuugo
It's like you're saying:
Wanna be good at this game?
>You already should be good at it first
thelewa

Sakura wrote:

I remember peppy saying something about the removal of beatmap elements being considered cheating in the future, but is it now already?
Topic Starter
Evanlet

thelewa wrote:

damiaanzx wrote:

I don't understand, 5 star maps were never much to begin with. It really depends on what 5 star maps you play, really.
So long as it isn't those approved maps that are the equivalent to general 5 star maps with DT + HR, I fail to see why the average player shouldn't be able to S 5 star maps within the first week.

Sakura wrote:

I only began doing so after I watched Cookiezi. Are you implying that hes a cheater, or was a cheater?
Go make an announcement then. Make sure that you say "Cookiezi was a cheater!"

Milkshake wrote:

nononono we all should play osu! 25/7
WE HAVE NO LIFE wwwww
I mean wtf ok
Sorry bud, 2 hours a day or less is all I play. I never implied that you have to play 24/7, I only played 3 hours a day for the first week.
I go out everyday also, so I don't see whats up your ass.

Yuugoh wrote:

It's like you're saying:
Wanna be good at this game?
>You already should be good at it first
No. It means you should be able to hold a mouse properly.

I'm enjoying the fact that all of you are ignoring the opening sentence and then getting pissed off. ;)
Your complaints are insignificant and near meaningless, as I really only do want to help new players. I'll say this now, think what you will, but for those who want to play well have to push themselves, at the start at least. Same with everything.
Liut

thelewa wrote:

Sakura wrote:

I remember peppy saying something about the removal of beatmap elements being considered cheating in the future, but is it now already?
nope , once osz2 comes peppy will restore every background and then removing them will be considerated cheat
-Athena-
I'm no pro, but here's what I'll add.

If you just started of, I wouldn't recommend going five stars straight away, start with songs you like at 3 or 4 stars first, then once you start getting the hang of everything (gameplay and interface wise) and your interest is aroused (meaning you know this game is for you and you aren't wasting your time), go 5 stars.

Then again, if you are even reading this thread it probably means you know what's going on, so just follow damiaan's advice.

Also one week of 2 hours per day I don't think is enough for 5 star S's, unless you have inborn talent or play the piano or something. Practice is key, you might disappoint a lot of people with promises like this XD.

At least this was the case for me, it took me a month to S my first 5 star diff, and I never touched the chat during my first 2 months of playing. Then again I don't use the keyboard, the learning curve might be shorter with it.
thelewa

damiaanzx wrote:

I don't understand, 5 star maps were never much to begin with. It really depends on what 5 star maps you play, really.
So long as it isn't those approved maps that are the equivalent to general 5 star maps with DT + HR, I fail to see why the average player shouldn't be able to S 5 star maps within the first week.
Wow, being able to S Insanes after only a week of playing the game is quite an accomplishment. It took me about 6 months to even start playing Insanes :(
Topic Starter
Evanlet

thelewa wrote:

damiaanzx wrote:

Wow, being able to S Insanes after only a week of playing the game is quite an accomplishment. It took me about 6 months to even start playing Insanes :(
Yeah, I kinda fell in love with osu! on first sight.
890 plays - ANANT-GARDE EYES - Angelic Break Beats [beat4you's Beats]

600 of those plays (including retries halfway through) was on the first night, from about 9pm - 3am, and was the 5 star I started on.
After that I just relaxed quite a bit and only played for the couple-few hours a day. My hand was busted.
Mukku

thelewa wrote:

damiaanzx wrote:

Indeed. For me it was even longer. Damiaanzx's talent level is pretty cool.
thelewa
And if he can do it, that means that everyone else can do it!

Oh wait it doesn't go like that
Jordan

Sakura wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

ahahhahahahahahha

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAhahahahhHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Topic Starter
Evanlet

Mukku wrote:

Indeed. For me it was even longer. Damiaanzx's talent level is pretty cool.
Thank you but this isn't about me, and talent has nothing to do with holding a mouse. Anyone can do it if they really want to.

thelewa wrote:

And if he can do it, that means that everyone else can do it!

Oh wait it doesn't go like that
As I said above, if I can do it then anyone can if they really try.
XripztEr

damiaanzx wrote:

I fail to see why the average player shouldn't be able to S 5 star maps within the first week.
not sure if troll :D
Topic Starter
Evanlet

Zisam wrote:

damiaanzx wrote:

I fail to see why the average player shouldn't be able to S 5 star maps within the first week.
not sure if troll :D
Not sure if retarded :D
Read the entire thread, take my advice or get out.
Liut
All hail damiaanzx
Tanzklaue
damiaanzx is peppy's second account.
show more