forum

MOR's Speed Reading Note Skin. LOOKING FOR TESTERS ON NEXT S

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
badvial
I'm done with all the drama about what I put into this skin, and what I did not. Skin is removed. Message me for my custom. I'll be happy to give you it to test or once its finished...
Topic Starter
badvial
Please share your thoughts on the skin. Thanks.

BUMP :P
tyrael6192
I dunno if it's just me, but there doesn't seem to be a screenshot of actual gameplay? Like, hitting circles and stuff. Would be helpful :)
Sonez_old
Looks pretty good, though ill be removing the hit/slider whistle, cause its annoying ^^
Topic Starter
badvial

Sonez wrote:

Looks pretty good, though ill be removing the hit/slider whistle, cause its annoying ^^
:P I was thinking of making my own sounds anyways... Stay tuned for the change log.

tyrael6192 wrote:

I dunno if it's just me, but there doesn't seem to be a screenshot of actual gameplay? Like, hitting circles and stuff. Would be helpful :)
LOL wierd thing is that I had one there. you can tell if you hit spoiler, the picture was there just now its gone... It POOFED :P
Ill add a new one shortly... Although the only difference from Mine and Cookiezi's is the CHROMA key coloring I changed for the Hit Rings that go around each note. Sorry about the confusion. But it does make a difference on gameplay since the colors are easier to see if you noticed...
Ohrami
Wouldn't it be better to have larger numbers on the circles to make them more easily noticeable and countable? It also makes it easier to see which side of the slider is the start and which is the end.
Topic Starter
badvial

Kyou-kun wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to have larger numbers on the circles to make them more easily noticeable and countable? It also makes it easier to see which side of the slider is the start and which is the end.
Yea but, for me that depends on the song...
ziin
this looks like a bunch of random thrown together crap with no general theme. And you used the same picture twice.
Topic Starter
badvial

ziin wrote:

this looks like a bunch of random thrown together crap with no general theme. And you used the same picture twice.
:) Thanks. Your very mature.
MLGnom
You're*

And I agree with ziin. Skin doesn't have any general theme. It's just have few changed things and mostly they from default skin or someone's else. This doesn't even look descent. Lack of many things.
Think about some kind of theme instead of random crap. :<
Topic Starter
badvial

MLGnom wrote:

You're*

And I agree with ziin. Skin doesn't have any general theme. It's just have few changed things and mostly they from default skin or someone's else. This doesn't even look descent. Lack of many things.
There was no theme intended for this. It was simply something I came up with to read notes faster. Having something like a Touhou theme for osu is just stupid because you cant read the notes. There is too much commotion on the screen. But I do see your point that there are a lot of colors that clash. I'll be posting a change-log soon.
Ohrami
The people who complain about "theme" clearly don't understand the point of this skin. The point is not to have a particular theme, but to make reading notes easier. Cosmetics are not the purpose of this skin. In fact, the specific theme of the skin could simply be to be able to read notes more easily.
Espionage724
Tried this skin earlier, looks pretty good. Maybe have multiple cursor colors as addons? Light blue would be nice (there was another skin that had a similar cursor that was light blue, but I can't recall the skin)
RusselG
gj for being able to mash skins
OsuMe65

Kyou-kun wrote:

The people who complain about "theme" clearly don't understand the point of this skin. The point is not to have a particular theme, but to make reading notes easier. Cosmetics are not the purpose of this skin. In fact, the specific theme of the skin could simply be to be able to read notes more easily.
that may be accepted [but i oppose to it]

MLGnom wrote:

You're*

also agree
Soly
OsuMe65

Soly wrote:

You basically took cookiezis skin and made it worse. It's harder to read overlapping notes due to you taking away the original skins transparency on the notes. Purple is probably not the most effective color for your cursor to be on black backgrounds. The spinner has a background you might aswell disable/remove that rather than just blur it if you are going purely for gameplay effectiveness, size reduction of the HP bar should also be done. You didn't even shrink the cursor.

The anime girl is not needed and serves only as a distraction during breaks, it also looks heavily distorted due to resizing. The overuse of blur filter effects also makes you question what is and isn't blurred. The purple also looks unnatural, it feels as if you've just lazily slapped a purple layer over everything.

It feels really budget overall, I give it a 3/10. I can't even steal any skin elements from it.
good explanation

also... WHY VIOLET~!!

pretty girls seems encouraging/distracting the gameplay [no matter what map you play]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

an epic abuse bro...

Score: 3/10
ZARMIENTO96

Sonez wrote:

ZARMIENTO96
:(

ZARMIENTO96 wrote:

Sonez wrote:

Topic Starter
badvial

Soly wrote:

You basically took cookiezis skin and made it worse. It's harder to read overlapping notes due to you taking away the original skins transparency on the notes. Purple is probably not the most effective color for your cursor to be on black backgrounds. The spinner has a background you might aswell disable/remove that rather than just blur it if you are going purely for gameplay effectiveness, size reduction of the HP bar should also be done. You didn't even shrink the cursor.

The anime girl is not needed and serves only as a distraction during breaks, it also looks heavily distorted due to resizing. The overuse of blur filter effects also makes you question what is and isn't blurred. The purple also looks unnatural, it feels as if you've just lazily slapped a purple layer over everything.

It feels really budget overall, I give it a 3/10. I can't even steal any skin elements from it.
Thanks for the opinion. I actually only put this skin out because my friends said that it worked well for them because some of them are colorblind... They said that the purple makes it look gray, and the contrast blur alows them to be able to read the notes more easily... I will be making a custom colored Black and Oragne skin soon.

Hopefully that one will get better reviews. Stay tuned. Thanks...
show more