forum

[Archived] keypad input lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BaconPug
Problem details: Recently I bought the PRO X Mini v2+ keypad which only has 2 keys. There is obvious input lag that I felt it when I just got in a map. At first, I thought I just wasn't getting used to the new switches. After playing with it for a bit longer, I realized that the lag was so serious that it's unplayable and that it's not my problem.
I don't have any razer/logitech software installed(Only the corsair utility engine) and it's not the problem of my USB cable. I have no idea on how to solve it.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://youtu.be/DagtoyR_dY0 (i used a keyboard for the first part and keypad for the second, both of them had cherry MX red switches.)

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20190409
Tobias Leander
Would suggest contacting the guys that made the keypad.
Topic Starter
BaconPug

Tobias Leander wrote:

Would suggest contacting the guys that made the keypad.

he did say he didn't know what caused the problem either, he said he would do a warranty repair so he would swap the internals for a new one because the internals might somehow be damaged.I think it might be a software problem so I am trying to fix it without sending it all the way back from hong kong to poland.
Reserve
Is there input delay outside of osu?
Does plugging the keypad into the port the keyboard is plugged into instead do anything?
Topic Starter
BaconPug

Reserve wrote:

Is there input delay outside of osu?
Does plugging the keypad into the port the keyboard is plugged into instead do anything?

Although it's really hard to tell outside of osu and it's almost not noticeable, I do see some input
lag outside the game, which that normally wouldn't affect most games except osu.

I have tried unplugging the keyboard and only plug in the keypad but it still didn't fix anything.

I plugged the keyboard into the port of my keypad and there wasn't any input lag. I also tried the
other way around and there was still lag.

Just tried disabling the corsair utility engine, it didn't do anything ;-;
frozz
try to turn on fullscreen, it may decrease the input lag

if that dont solve it, try to change the usb cable that used in keypad, maybe the cable itself can cause the problem (like bad connection cause of bad manufactured)
Topic Starter
BaconPug

Fzl_17 wrote:

try to turn on fullscreen, it may decrease the input lag

if that dont solve it, try to change the usb cable that used in keypad, maybe the cable itself can cause the problem (like bad connection cause of bad manufactured)

I tried other usb cables, still doesn't work and I always play in fullscreen.