forum

Call for players who are deaf!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
Are there any deaf players on here? I really want an ama!
dung eater
Does being deaf to silence count?
lewski
tinnitus gang?
Pereira006
hi
Topic Starter
abraker
Oh finally! Took a while.

1. What made you pick up a rhythm game given the circumstance?

2. Were you born deaf, or did that occur later in life? Are you completely deaf or partially deaf?

3. Do you have hearing implants? If so, are they good enough to allow to distinguish rhythm in the higher bpm music? Is there a delay?

4. Do you think deaf people like you have a chance at becoming one of the top players in osu?
Pereira006
1. What made you pick up the rhythm game given the circumstance?

1 - I found this game in 9 years ago for cause Touhou songs and is the first time to play a rhythm game, this game is fun, challenge and also have edit map to mapping songs and I really like it. I was a mouse and keyboard player almost 1 year then, I bought a tablet and I play a lot of the maps because the tablet is more fun to play and the people found me and ask me to join OWC 2012 and OWC 2013 because I can play difficulty like Insane, Another, Extra, etc... I answer to them that I wanna join OWC because I wanna show people that there deaf playing in Osu and I wanna help Portugal to get attention and history on Osu, I practice a lot to play of maps but we lost OWC 2012 and 2013. After this, I decide to not join tournament because of, I'm the bad player and maps getting more difficult but I didn't give up, I wanna more to do, so I decided to start mapping songs, modding, talking with people in chat, teaching, etc...

2. Were you born deaf, or did that occur later in life? Are you completely deaf or partially deaf?

I was born the normal life, no deaf, I remember there family party on my house at night, the table had a big cup of coffee, so I saw that and I took it a big cup of coffee, I thought it was a toy but big, heavy and fell on all my body. After this happened I became completely deaf, no talk and no hear. later 4 ~ 3 years my ears now have the ability to listen but not normal human, just very low. I'm deafness

3. Do you have hearing implants? If so, are they good enough to allow you to distinguish rhythm in the higher bpm music? Is there a delay?

Yes, I have hearing implants and has 19~20 years. To play game rhythm with hearing implants is uncomfortable, I use a headphone, like people and there no delay with hearing implants and headphones.

4. Do you think deaf people like you have a chance at becoming one of the top players in osu?

I only know Monstrata and I'm him fan, he is half deaf but I believe there some people deaf have a chance at becoming of the top players in Osu and good than me.

Sorry if my English is difficult to understand and bad. I have a problem school in my past. I hope this help.
Topic Starter
abraker

Pereira006 wrote:

I was born the normal life, no deaf, I remember there family party on my house at night, the table had a big cup of coffee, so I saw that and I took it a big cup of coffee, I thought it was a toy but big, heavy and fell on all my body. After this happened I became completely deaf, no talk and no hear. later 4 ~ 3 years my ears now have the ability to listen but not normal human, just very low. I'm deafness
Oh wow that's just terrible. I can't imagine being able hear and then suddenly not being able to for ~4 years. That must have been terrifying.

Pereira006 wrote:

I only know Monstrata and I'm him fan, he is half deaf
Oh didn't actually know that

Pereira006 wrote:

Sorry if my English is difficult to understand and bad. I have a problem school in my past. I hope this help.
Yea it's fine, I can understand. Thanks for answering the questions ^^