forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LennaLeFay
Willing to make an avatar for this forum based on either your forum name or another description you give me. I'll start taking requests ASAP and update this main post to let you all know how far I've progressed into them (if any.)

My hosting is currently kaput, so I'll be using TinyPic. Make sure you save the avatars as soon as I'm done so you can just import them into this board with the Browse function - after a day or two, the links will probably go dead!

None.

Completed Avatars:
tsububu - Tsu! button
tsububu
Thats pretty cool stuff - I like your avatar ^^
I have a request, can you make a tsu! one
just change the 'o' with a 't'
:D

<--- Thanx
Topic Starter
LennaLeFay

That was actually REALLY hard, I had to make that "t" from scratch and guess on the font (Calibri?) and vanishing point for the turn size, but I think it turned out OK.

NOTE: Because of special transparency functions, this has been saved as a 24-bit PNG. This may or may not show up correctly in Internet Explorer. If it doesn't, just PM me.
peppy
Ew internet explorer.

The full res image is here if you have the need for it. I'd provide the original layered format, but I actually made it on a whim one day in Paint.Net, which flattens things pretty badly! I'll have to knock this up again in photoshop sometime - you'll notice in the full-res version an inconsistency in the glow at the bottom (maybe only on a dark background) where it has been cut at the bottom of the original canvas.
Topic Starter
LennaLeFay
Seconded on the ew. Did IE ever get the whole 24-bit PNG antialiased transulency thing sorted out?

...I just can't find a good combination of blend options to really mimic that "o"'s design for some reason. Tsu, I'll try working a little harder on it.
tsububu
I'm happy with it ;)
Go finish that beatmap of yours :!: :twisted:
zetty_old
just checked it with IE, looks like IE finally learnt to view better images
phill_old
Not IE5/6, only IE7 handles PNG transparency correctly.

TimeSplitter95
:D LOL Wut's a tsu :?: :!:
awp

TimeSplitter95 wrote:

:D LOL Wut's a tsu :?: :!:

And since that looks more like a happy face than a tsu, have the hiragana:

Beginner_old
hey i want a avatar of my cat but it's to big and i dont know how to convert it. i cant upload it becuz its to big XD.
awp
Several different graphical editing programs can resize images, MSpaint included. I wouldn't recommend saving something as a .bmp though as it will result in a hideously large filesize.
peppy

awp wrote:

Several different graphical editing programs can resize images, MSpaint included. I wouldn't recommend saving something as a .bmp though as it will result in a hideously large filesize.
paint is actually surprisingly powerful with its png support. the resulting png files are slightly larger than something that photoshop would output, but its still there, and really useful for a quick screenshot :).
Beginner_old
w00t it worked ^^
tsububu
That is one angry looking cat :shock:
Beginner_old

tsububu wrote:

That is one angry looking cat :shock:
yes it is XD