forum

[resolved] Song Selection Big Lags after changing to ctb mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sowisty
Problem Details:
Whenever i change my gamemode to catch the beat my osu! starts to lag really badly, it doesn't happen when I change to other gamemodes. It's lagging for about ~4 minutes and after that it stops lagging, but whatever I do, playing a map or go back to main menu, it's happening again. The game had done all the calculations in all gamemodes, so you don't need to ask me about that. Please help me resolve this problem (Also tried changing some options, using osu!repair but still didn't work).

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I don't have, whole problem detailed above ^

osu! version: 20190409
Death
Why can you confidently say the game has completely finished calculating difficulty? Just curious what has led you to be able to say that.

Usually that is the issue.
Topic Starter
Sowisty

Death wrote:

Why can you confidently say the game has completely finished calculating difficulty? Just curious what has led you to be able to say that.

Usually that is the issue.
Okay so when i restarted my game the calculations in ctb, mania and taiko started doing again, I don't know why. Previously I wasn't getting any notifications about calculations , so It was probably done, but I don't know what's happening.
Littleboy40
I am having the exact same problem!

I was told it could be due to a map that caused the lag due to a faulty difficulty calculation, so I tested this by deleting the maps that could have caused it. Since I started ctb not too long ago, I still remember the song selection running perfectly without any trouble, so any map before I started ctb wasn't in question. After deleting ALL maps from when I started until now, I tested the ctb song selection again and got the same exact problem.
Topic Starter
Sowisty
Problem Resolved. An Aspire map was the source of this issue, I discovered that when I selected one of those maps it instantly crashed my game and after deleting them all the lags are gone :D