forum

I need tablet advice.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vampyre
As the title states, I'm looking to buy myself a tablet I've been playing mouse up until now and I realised that I kind of suck at mouse, so I decided to get myself a tablet. Am I expecting to be better with a tablet? With time, yes. Am I expecting to buy the same gear as a pro and expect the same performance as them? No, I just want a good tablet, if all the people who got high in the rankings using those tablets, then it means the tablets they use are really good for osu.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and to note, I like the look of Varvalian's Tablet but I just don't know anything about tablets so I wouldn't know what it's called.
Implojin
XP-Pen G640 is fast and inexpensive.
Wacom CTL-480 is the stereotypical high-end osu tablet, but it's out of production and if you find one for sale it's pretty much guaranteed to be expensive and difficult/impossible to replace.
Wacom CTL-4100 is still in production, it's probably the most practical tablet to get if you really want a Wacom.
dung eater
Huion h610 v2 is nice and not too tiny.
Topic Starter
Vampyre
I just want 0 shake
Rikii
Wacom CTL-480 is pretty common, you can usually find used one for a good price. Hawku is a good driver for it (never tried it out myself, but heard good stories about it)

Vampyre wrote:

Am I expecting to be better with a tablet? With time, yes.

You will also get better with time using mouse too. :p
Topic Starter
Vampyre

RikiStefano wrote:

Wacom CTL-480 is pretty common, you can usually find used one for a good price. Hawku is a good driver for it (never tried it out myself, but heard good stories about it)

Vampyre wrote:

Am I expecting to be better with a tablet? With time, yes.

You will also get better with time using mouse too. :p

idk i've played for a bit now and I'm only 57k with mouse, so it's a lot of work and struggle
CooIzz
I don't really know if getting a tablet will help. A friend of mine who has been a mouse player since he started tried using a tablet but he eventually switched back to mouse after almost 2 months as he was still far better with the mouse. I've been a tablet user since I joined osu! and I personally think both mouse and tablet is kind of the same. I guess the only difference to me is that using a tablet feels much more comfortable but that's probably because I've been using a tablet since the start.
Royce551
You can be good with both. With tablet though you don't have to deal with mouse drift and you have absolute positioning. You might also benefit speed wise as well.
dung eater

CooIzz wrote:

I don't really know if getting a tablet will help. A friend of mine who has been a mouse player since he started tried using a tablet but he eventually switched back to mouse after almost 2 months as he was still far better with the mouse. I've been a tablet user since I joined osu! and I personally think both mouse and tablet is kind of the same. I guess the only difference to me is that using a tablet feels much more comfortable but that's probably because I've been using a tablet since the start.

Tablet can feel pretty bad at first and they are noticeably less responsive than mice.
Lack of drift does make up for it all, if you wanna progress to jumpier and bigger movement maps.