forum

[resolved] Error during Beatmap Submission

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lokidoki
Problem details:
an error pop-up appears saying: "Error during upload: Malformed beatmap file (incorrect line endings)
tried to restart, didn't help

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://i.imgur.com/IGnkXZU.png

osu! version: Stable 20190410 (latest)
Death
Did you modify your map in any way not through the editor itself? In other words, did you open up the .osu file and make any changes by hand or did you use any programs that modify .osu files?
Topic Starter
Lokidoki
nope
i used hs copier, but that was a few updates earlier, previously it worked fine
Death
The hitsound copier you used earlier still counts.

If this was the program you used, see peppy's reply. This was discovered recently, so I'm assuming a fix was made (also recently) to prevent broken beatmaps from being uploaded.

It's also entirely possible that the same issue is present in other programs, even if that specific copier is not the one you used.
Topic Starter
Lokidoki
yup, its the one
so what do i with my map to be submittable again?
i used that copier before peppy's reply was posted, due to my inability to use grumd's, even though we have discussed it and it works now
Death
Resolved in-game.

Re-saving each difficulty with messed up line endings fixes them. It's also possible to manually change the line endings and fix the broken difficulties using any text editor that can change line endings (like Notepad++).
Plads
Hi, is the line ending "\n\r" or somehting? I'm creating my own cli-app to mess with osu files, and I'm running into this issue when I use only "\n" line endings.

If I find the answer, I'll edit this message. If anyone knows, please let me know!

Edit: alright, found the answer!
Line endings need to be "\r\n" in order for any beatmap to be publishable.
It's basically windows line endings.
TheAvacado11
Hi i have this error and it doesn't seem to be fixed by re-saving
- Marco -
Please write a new topic for your issue