forum

[resolved] Unmapped audio file after import of a specific map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eliteronix
Problem details:
When I Import the Beatmap "825377 Demetori - Koyoi wa Hyouitsu na Egoist ~ Ego, Schizoid, Beat" I only get an unmapped audio file that I can update.

When I update the file it only changes the title to "audio.osu" and adds a file to the folder

When I open the map in the editor at any point I only get thrown into the normal settings as if I would start mapping from scratch.

osu! version: Stable 20190410 (latest)
Death
This is probably because the full path length for the .osu file for this map (assuming you have the game installed in the default location) is around 256 characters (depends on how long your Windows account name is). This is right around the max limit that Windows allows for file path lengths.

You might be able to get around this if you are on an up to date version of Windows 10. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/fileio/naming-a-file#maximum-path-length-limitation
Topic Starter
Eliteronix
Assuming I didn't act like a retard and forgot a part of the path it's a 205 character path which means it should be fine?

C:\Users\<11 chars of my user>\AppData\Local\osu!\Songs\829940 Demetori - Koyoi wa Hyouitsu na Egoist ~ Ego, Schizoid, Beat\Demetori - Koyoi wa Hyouitsu na Egoist ~ Ego, Schizoid, Beat. (Crissa) [Yorigami].osu

(Btw I forgot to sub to this thread which is why I only saw it now)
Death
You accidentally looked at the wrong mapset. The one you originally posted would be

C:\Users\<11 chars of my user>\AppData\Local\osu!\Songs\825377 Demetori - Koyoi wa Hyouitsu na Egoist _ Ego, Schizoid, Beat\Demetori - Koyoi wa Hyouitsu na Egoist ~ Ego, Schizoid, Beat. (GoldenWolf) [The Most Despicable and Disastrous God of Destitution and Misery.].osu

Which is 260 characters.
Topic Starter
Eliteronix
I knew I had to make a mistake somewhere.

Is there any way around for me to have the game installed at this location and to have the map or not?

I'm already on the newest Windows 10 Version.
Death
In that link I sent, there is an explanation on how to remove the restrictions in some cases, but it involves changing a registry key. If you are not comfortable with editing your registry, you might just need to not play that particular map.
Topic Starter
Eliteronix
Alright I enabled the long paths but windows still didn't allow me to make paths over 256 characters.

I just tried to download the map again; change the folders name of the map and then let a friend of mine send me his .osu file for the map difficulty. After a quick reload I was able to play the map without having any problems.

Thank you for your help!