forum

[resolved] Not disappearing default 'mode' icon

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akutan
Problem details:

The default 'mode' icon doesn't want to disappear, when I hover over it it shows the one it is supposed to show but normally there shouldn't be any icon when the cursor isn't hovering over it, like the mods, options and random icons which are not visible.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20190410 (latest)
Nathanael
Skinning related. Make the following images transparent (also their @2x elements):
  1. mode-osu-small.png
  2. mode-taiko-small.png
  3. mode-fruits-small.png
  4. mode-mania-small.png
Topic Starter
Akutan
Actually I tried creating the small versions since there was none in the skin and made them 1 pixel with transparent background and only a part of the thing disappeared ><
mihari
A skin I have fixed this by making this the selection-mode.png:

so making that file mostly transparent, leaving only the top border, should fix it, unless I understood something wrong.
Death
Can you post a download link to your skin? It will be easier for us to check ourselves than trying to guess what was missed here.

In order to get the whole mode selection box to change, you need to skin selection-mode (as KSN mentioned) and selection-mode-over. Now that you've gotten the icon to disappear, I think that's what you are trying to do? It's not entirely clear.
Topic Starter
Akutan
That's the skin : http://puu.sh/DirXT/6a5b6dcf44.osk

Sorry for not answering before, wasn't online :)
Death
Can you clarify what you want to do? It's my understanding what you want to do what I said at the bottom of my last post. And if that is the case, then you are just missing a blank selection-mode.
Topic Starter
Akutan

KSN wrote:

A skin I have fixed this by making this the selection-mode.png:

so making that file mostly transparent, leaving only the top border, should fix it, unless I understood something wrong.

Ohh I just tried that and it worked, thanks a lot !
Topic Starter
Akutan

Death wrote:

Can you clarify what you want to do? It's my understanding what you want to do what I said at the bottom of my last post. And if that is the case, then you are just missing a blank selection-mode.
Yeah I wanted to remove the whole default mode icon