forum

Too fast/hard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
galactiknight
I just started mapping OneRepublic's "Kids" today, and I am already finding out that the song is going to be friggin fast. I wanted to know if this is going to be too fast for players and what I should do to not make it impossible to complete. Thanks :3c

Kids: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/960089#osu/2010037
WhiteWeebWolf
The map doesnt look impossible to me at the moment, if anything it look kinda groovy to play. i cant really say much about the map as iy is since its only 6 seconds long but yeah, keep at it man. cant wait to see the future progress of your map ;)
Topic Starter
galactiknight
xenal
The faster a song is, the less time there is between each objects in the map, so map accordingly. 50, 100, 180, 200, 240, 300, etc. are all mappable as long as the mapper adjust himself to offer a proper gameplay. So no, it's not too fast, but it's different than qhat you are used to I guess.

Little note : it's not 200bpm, but 100bpm. 01:17:101 - Constant beat clearly audible here, there is currently nothing on beat 2-4. Doesn't mean you can't use 1/8 that is the equivalent to 200bpm 1/4 or 1/4 that equals 200bpm 1/2 and so on.
Topic Starter
galactiknight
I forgot that there was one 1 minute in. :P I'll change it to 100 bpm and have the subdivisions to match accordingly.

edit:
I increased the spacing and I am still not sure if it's too fast at 3 units away. I'll deal with it for now and ask again later if I should increase the spacing.

edit 2:
I might change it back to 200 bpm because of the annoying text that tells me to not do 1/8. I am using it to insert the time things for volume and slider speed.