forum

[resolved] soft filter (black screen) for mac How to fix???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rryo10
hello....? i have a problem with my mac i accidentally clicked on soft filter in my setting and my screen went black but everything is working its just that i cant see...

please help cause im worried i wont be able to play ever again.
Death
First, close the game and then follow these steps.

1. Right click on osu! and hit Show Package Contents, then navigate to Contents > Resources > drive_c > osu!
  2. Find the "osu!.pcname.cfg" file inside that folder (pcname will be replaced with the name of your computer's user account) and edit it in any text editor (TextEdit will do)
  3. Find the line BloomSofetening, set it equal to 0, and save the file
  4. Close the file and try opening the game again
Topic Starter
Rryo10
thank you so much!
but it says it cant obtain graphics context and i tried retsarting my mac but it doesnt do anything. any advice?

edit: i think it was because i was blindly clicking around in my osu settings before and i enabled something that caused osu to shut down. (i'm dumb)

nvm i got it. i deleted one of the files and reset all my settings
omfqss

Death wrote:

First, close the game and then follow these steps.

1. Right click on osu! and hit Show Package Contents, then navigate to Contents > Resources > drive_c > osu!
  2. Find the "osu!.pcname.cfg" file inside that folder (pcname will be replaced with the name of your computer's user account) and edit it in any text editor (TextEdit will do)
  3. Find the line BloomSofetening, set it equal to 0, and save the file
  4. Close the file and try opening the game again
uh, sorry, I didn't understand what you meant by 'and edit it by any text editor'?
ravenrockz
sorry for necroposting but i cant locate the osu!.pcname.bcfg file
Dntm8kmeeatu

ravenrockz wrote:

Make a new post.
Specify what OS you are using when you do.
cakeuzu

ravenrockz wrote:

click any of the cfg files in the osu! folder till you find the line "bloomsoftening" then just follow the steps that the user death stated