Topic Starter
Journal
a lone unripened strawberry that fell
Achromalia
A sour raspberry.
Plini
megalovania is playing in my head rn
Achromalia
The older sister that's always in their room.
Topic Starter
Journal
Chalk
Tad Fibonacci
A journal
Achromalia
A military uniform.
TeeArctic1
Bona constrictor

Carmlillball
Idk, a penguin
Achromalia
a chewable piece of caramel candy.
Carmlillball
Sans skeleton
Topic Starter
Journal
Caramelized onion
Achromalia
on second thought, lined paper.
vinnicci
In a dark hallway, where sans is right in front of me.
Zekks
reminds me of ÒwÓ
ERA Puzzle
Reminds me of... Season 3 when I was a god at playing Irelia top lane, because for whatever reason your avatar reminds me of Irelia. Is it irelia? I haven't played league in so long, I'm not sure. But the art style is totally league-esque.
Achromalia
You remind me of myself, or rather, who I feel I'd be, in some sense.

We've got some big differences as things normally are, but your demeanor seems relatively similar.

I perceive an air of stoicism.

Nice.
ERA Puzzle

Achromalia wrote:

You remind me of myself

You pre-emptively took the words right out of my mouth and shoved them down my esophagous-gullet, man. Is it weird that I agree completely? I feel like it is, but it also isn't. I already commented earlier though that I get the impression we're like kindred spirits.

Achromalia wrote:

I perceive an air of stoicism.

You have no idea. I mean, you probably do, empathetically speaking, but I'm not sure you can be super empathetic with someone who you've just met over an online forum for basically shit-posting. I grew up on the Enchiridion. Seriously, it's one of my favorite books. I'd hope you know it!

And I've seen you chatting about apathy. I'm also one of the afflicted. Or blessed. It depends on how you look at it and how far you take stocisim into your life. Well, general apathy is something I'm growing out of recently - very recently, only. If I didn't have art, I don't think I'd give half a care about anything one way or the other. That tends to lead to a mild sense of depression and a questioning philosophy about the world and a certain cursed clarity about reality. Then that leads to a very heavy cynicism that generally is directed towards humanity and society. Individuals are smart, but people, man. Don't get me started on people.

Ever considered hedonism and nihilism? I'm curious. Have you decided that because reality has no objective meaning, the only meaning in it is subjective? Or are you on some different track with your general philosophy on life?

You remind me of me, too. Fuck, this is weird.
Achromalia
NOW THAT I'M DONE WRITING THAT WHOLE ESSAY OF A POST IN "Ask the person below you anything", AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I may have heard of the Enchiridon at some point? Doesn't seem too familiar but I believe I've heard of it. I haven't really delved into philosophy, or read any books by any philosophers.

But I may explore the subject someday. Maybe soon. Maybe now. I'll have to get the motivation first, but we'll see. I have a tendency to spontaneously research things, provided that it's free, and all. That's why I don't buy books to read...

...though I should really just... go to the library???

I don't know. I strangely don't have any sort of passion for books, although I'm really a voracious reader and would eat that shit up.

Apathy's played a big part in my life, and thus, I've looked into it more. It's one of the more immediate and enigmatic things I've come across.

Puzzle wrote:

I'm also one of the afflicted. Or blessed.
Oh dear, this is the dilemma I always face when I look at my apathy. I can't tell if it's ultimately beneficial or if it's really just a misery-inducing state of mind, crippling much of my ability to understand others and interact properly. Thankfully, I'm really comfortable talking with others online over messages. I despise calls, though.

Went off-topic, but yeah.

Thought about going on a tangent about people, but I'm somewhat confident you'll know where I'd go, regarding emotions, impractical decision-making, and such. Put simply, I don't understand people.

I've heard of hedonism, but not nearly as much as I'm fond of nihilism, but mostly, absurdism, which is what I rode with.

I think I'd best associate my perception of... well, everything, I suppose, with the ideas behind absurdism.

I'd say it'd be fair to consider the idea of objective, ultimate meaning in life, as pretty much void. "Its meaning is what you make of it", or something like that, though I'm not sure myself. It's been a while since I've contemplated it, as it was mostly during my notable period of some shitty depression a couple years ago.

So yeah. With all this considered, then connection seems even stronger.

This is weird.

And fascinating. It's... really nice meeting ya.
ERA Puzzle

Achromalia wrote:

I may have heard of the Enchiridon at some point? Doesn't seem too familiar but I believe I've heard of it. I haven't really delved into philosophy, or read any books by any philosophers.

The Enchiridion was written by a really flippin' old dude named Epictetus; who was a philosopher wayyyy back when. It's basically the origin of the stoic system of philosophy, of which I'm a huge... uh... practicer? Prescriber? I'm not really sure what to call it. But yeah, I'm a stoic, the Enchiridion is amazing, and if you can stomach it you should try reading it (it's a really tough read, I won't lie. But very worth it.)

Achromalia wrote:

I don't know. I strangely don't have any sort of passion for books, although I'm really a voracious reader and would eat that shit up.

I was the same way for a long time. I'll make it analogous to newtons first law of motion. An object in motion tends to stay in motion, and the same for one at rest. In much the same manner, reading never really seems appealing until you're actually doing it. But when you're not, you're like, "Nah, I don't really wanna read something..." I know the feeling well. On a slightly unrelated note, that feeling is like one of my worst enemies; it goes hand in hand with apathy. I've sort of figured out how to conquer it, though. It's a lot less thinking and more just doing. The more I think about doing something I 'don't' want to do, the less I actually do want to do it. The anxiety of it is worse than the action itself.

Achromalia wrote:

Oh dear, this is the dilemma I always face when I look at my apathy. I can't tell if it's ultimately beneficial or if it's really just a misery-inducing state of mind, crippling much of my ability to understand others and interact properly. Thankfully, I'm really comfortable talking with others online over messages. I despise calls, though.

I feel you. I feel that way about both my apathy and my analytical-ness. Both of them make me feel less than human sometimes, and sometimes, very very lucky. Sometimes I wish I could be more "normal", but that's a can of worms in itself and not really related (I mean in the sense that would I even see myself as that if I was? What is normal, anyway?). The point is, it's got its pros and cons and while I generally lean towards the philosophy that it's more pro than con, some days, it's not easy to tell.

Also, yeah. I've always had an easier time getting my thoughts out in text form, myself. I don't know what it is about talking but I kind of suck at it. Also, phonecalls can burn in hell. Except I've been working in a job where I have to take phonecalls from time to time, and it's not so bad for me anymore. I still hate talking on the phone though.

Achromalia wrote:

I'd say it'd be fair to consider the idea of objective, ultimate meaning in life, as pretty much void. "Its meaning is what you make of it", or something like that, though I'm not sure myself. It's been a while since I've contemplated it, as it was mostly during my notable period of some shitty depression a couple years ago.

Is it though? Leaving out the obvious religious aspects. If you're religious, you find inherient meaning in life with God. Honestly, I feel like that's such a cheap cop-out.

I think you're on the right track with "Meaning is what you make of it". I've always thought about it like this.

Life is ultimately meaningless.

Because life is meaningless, meaning becomes a relative term. I find it very curious that this philosophy also agrees with literal science. The theory of relativity states much the same. Reality depends moreso on where you are than any objective sense of what is happening and what isn't. Time is variable, just as space is variable. There is no "objective." That's what General and Special Relativity is all about. Anyway, that's a tangent. What I'm getting at is because there is no object baseline, things all become about what is around you. In that sense, you control the meaning of life. You dictate it. You have ultimate freedom in deciding what is important to you and what isn't, because there's nothing that tells you what is important and what isn't. This is why 14 year olds cry like the world is ending when their boyfriend or whatever breaks up with them. Because it literally is, to them. This is why rich people can be completely depressed and commit suicide. What they have that others don't have might seem appealing, but they have it. So it because a natural part of their life, glossed over, unimportant in some senses. This pushes other things to the forefront of their schema about what is actually important and what isn't. This is why nobodies hardship is really greater than anybody elses. To some degrees, you can find somewhat more objective measurements of things, and you can dictate depth in those measurements. But the meaning in life is contrast.

Did you know that your sense of taste is based off of contrast? Almost completely. I don't have any good examples on hand, but this is why if you say, eat chocolate, and then drink some tea, the tea tastes like crap. Because your sense of taste is based off contrast.

Art is based off of contrast. Difference defines detail.

Ever heard the saying variety is the spice of life? The reason why is because if things are the same, over and over again, there is no contrast. There is no living and no change. It becomes boring.

Looking at Relativity, time is the same thing as space. The way you experience time is actually dictated moreso by your location and speed than any actual "flow" of time. A flow of time is a made up concept, that's not what time is. What time is, is a dimension of change. Difference. Contrast. It's how objects change, not any grand sense of some ever flowing stream of time.

It's all relative, it's all subjective, it's all contrast. In that sense, you define what meaning is. If you believe, or are conditioned to believe, that things are shitty, they will be. If you think stuffs great, it will be.

Do you have a discord? PM me on the site, I'll add you on it.
MisakiTobisawa-
Myself in kindergarten when they were teaching us "patience is a virtue" but almost 10 years later I haven't really retained it
Achromalia
impulse.
ERA Puzzle
My bestest friend ever. I should clarify, it's not Achro, he just reminds me of him a lot.
Achromalia
A very intelligent grape.
Topic Starter
Journal
frightened monkey
ERA Puzzle
A fragrant flower.

Don't ask me why, I really don't know. You just reminded me of it. Maybe it's the avatar, there are some flowers on the hat.
Achromalia
Multiple long strings of purple yarn.
payney
..... do i even have to say it

sans
ERA Puzzle
The Backyardigans
Topic Starter
Journal
friendly next door neighbor
Bookworm
A powerful Journal with the power to predict the future and create interesting threads with no overall purpose, but to waste time.
ERA Puzzle
Uh... laser guns.
show more