forum

Jump Training

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Galleon101
Any maps to increase jump resiliency for MOUSE player? :D
My jumps skills aren't the worst of the worst but definitely need improvement, any kind of help is appreciated :)
RaneFire
t/77719

A lot of jump maps listed there.

Try using the search feature, "jump training" search term listed that thread 5+ times.
Cho_old
Just playing insane (though Lunatics tend to be better) is a much better idea than getting "jump maps" since all you'll learn to do is play those specific maps.
Completely avoid any form of jump compilation.
CXu
Tag4
XGeneral2000
Just play lots of Insanes. Practically all of them have jumps to some degree. By diversifying instead of restricting yourself to a regimen of a few select songs, you'll learn to play jumps of all sorts of spacing, rhythm, and BPM. You may not feel yourself getting better, but believe me, you are. My most significant skill increases were over periods I thought I was banging my head on a brick wall. Eventually, you'll find yourself naturally hitting things you consciously feel should be too hard for you.

Basically, don't consciously think about getting better, and just play stuff that's both challenging and fun for you. That's the only way to get better at this game.
sCam
when i practice jumps, i practice shinxyn maps with hardrock. the insanes of course. patterns plus fast jumping is cool and fun :D

but yeah, just do everything there is to help, play jump maps from higu's thread, play jump complication, and do what xgeneral said, practice the insanes/lunatics.

do them all if you're really serious about increasing your jump skills.

you can also pm me ingame if you wanna practice with me for fun, cause i love jumping^^