forum

[resolved] Geforce Experience Not Working correctly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saucy
Problem details:
So ever since the last update the NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE app has not been working correctly with the game. This seems to be a mainly osu! issue as it works as intended with other games. I did the whole driver thing/ reinstalling the nvidia app whatnot. One thing I will not try however is reinstalling osu! lol saying that is even kind of a joke. Anyways, was wondering if anyone else had the same issue. Seems like it doesn't see osu! as a game now and will record the desktop instead. Normally i wouldn't take this issue here first but it was working perfectly fine before and this seems to be the only game with the issue.

Thanks for your time

osu! version: Stable 20190410 (latest)
Death
If you have more than 1 GPU in your computer, is it possible osu! somehow switched to using your other GPU? I'd bet that would definitely cause this issue, so if applicable, please check.
Topic Starter
Saucy
I do not have 2 GPUs. However, whenever i pull up the task manager I have a "virtual GPUs" section which I have never heard of before I got this card. Do you think that could cause the issue? I have a NVIDIA Gtx 2070.
Death
I don't think that would be the issue.

I know in the past about half the people I've talked to seem to not have osu! show up as a game, while the other half do. I'm still not entirely sure what the issue is, especially since I'm not too familiar with GeForce Experience myself. GeForce Experience has always seemed to be finicky, and I'm pretty sure it has had this issue with not recognizing games/osu! for a while, especially since there wasn't OpenGL recording support a few years ago (I'm not even sure if this has changed).
Topic Starter
Saucy
okay so I shit you not I went to get back on the game today and tried to use it and it was working fine. I actually don't understand because it wasn't working for about a week. Makes no sense to me. At least there's no issue now I guess.

Thanks For your time tho
Death
Maybe a restart was needed or something. Still fits my model of "works for 50% of people and doesn't work for the other 50%" though I suppose.