forum

DT Has Ruined Me-

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Razor
So, I started using DT around 120k just so I could get to 5 digit (Which I regret A LOT).
Ever since I started using DT I haven't been able to FC any 4 or 5 star maps, I've tried stopping using DT to be able to play nomod again but everytime I try I'm unable to do good the way I used to..

It's really hard for me because I HATE DT but am forcing myself to use it even though I can't even play nomod.

I literally sit and just spam tillerino hoping to FC a DT song.

SOMEONE HELP MEH ;^; im stupid for starting dt and I've fucked myself up for good

Edit: LITERALLY ALL MY TOP PLAYS ARE DT
Edit 2: This is how long ago it's been since I fced a 4 star map.
Cold Green Eyes ft. Roos Denayer by Station Earth
Seto's Insane2 months ago
97.44%10pp
weighted 10%
103pp
lewski
If you don't like it, stop playing DT. Of course it won't be easy to go back to nomod, but that's life. Start a bit lower and work your way back up to where you were before.
Topic Starter
Razor

lewski wrote:

If you don't like it, stop playing DT. Of course it won't be easy to go back to nomod, but that's life. Start a bit lower and work your way back up to where you were before.

I think I'd have to start all the way back at 3 stars sadly.. but I guess you're right.
Fealthas
This might be a little bit offtopic, but could someone experienced explain to me how and why does this even happen? Im pretty much pure nomod player (only playing mods when im just goofing around for fun or ocassionally try my luck with HD when we play a song i already got FC on in multi) and to be honest i just dont understand how being able to play something harder makes you unable to play something easier. Im not being salty im just curious and would really love someone to explain this thing to me O.o
DXPOHIHIHI
Once you start DT you can never go back
Fealthas

szkiller wrote:

Why is that though? I mean im not saying this is nonsense, but understand my confusion when all those high rank guys play both DT and HDHR and dont seem to have problems with nomod whatsoever.
My Angel Jeremy

Fealthas wrote:

szkiller wrote:

Why is that though? I mean im not saying this is nonsense, but understand my confusion when all those high rank guys play both DT and HDHR and dont seem to have problems with nomod whatsoever.

Your low ar reading skills gets worse when you play a lot of DT because you are getting used to high ar.If you dont play nomod once a while during DT farming, you will lose your normal AR reading skill and you will have to play like a few days of nomod to get it back.
The aspect of reading in nomod is not used in DT as it is just a whack-a-mole simulator
xenal

[ Kitty ] wrote:

I literally sit and just spam tillerino hoping to FC a DT song.
Unfriend tillerino, the only thing spamming him does is getting maps you didn't choose yourself and getting yourself silenced from spamming too much (XD, goodjob). Also don't worry about ranks, they will come themselves as you play. PP != skills, but the higher your skill is, the easier pp will be to get.

xenal wrote:

getting maps you didn't choose yourself
The way to enjoy the game is by playing for yourself, playing maps you enjoy. For instance, I like reading, speed and streams on hard stuff, so casually getting C ranks on 6-7* EZDT (250-300 ish bpm streams) is natural and fun. You hate DT, don't play it and if you still like fast maps, alternating maps exist for that. Find your style.
Celine
1.5x sped mod ruiend mi its not mi taht is teh probelm
abraker

szkiller wrote:

I once DT'd. It's seriously addictive and hard to quit. 2 in the morning, 4 afternoon, and the rest before bed. Doctor said I gonna have finger cancer before rank 50k if I didn't stop. I didn't listen. Got myself into decay, spent a few months in that awful state. Learned how to tap better, learned how to control mouse drift. Soon I stopped taking that shit altogether, and now completely clean. I know anyone can do it if they want to. They just need to believe they can do better.
dung eater
Everyone should play dt to combat global warming.
Brainage
If you're used to DT, play a few 4 or 5 stars on HT and then nomod will feel normal again. Very useful mental trick you can use in situations where you're used to something that you know is too fast or slow, just play the opposite and then the in-between will feel natural.
OneTrueDuceOK
You got this DT mod in your muscle memory now. To fix this, just start play consistently with nomod around 4-5* and maybe 3* if needed. I been there (except with a different mod) before and there is no shortcut to fix it.
Celine
hey have any of u ever heard of smth called playing dt properly
AiTrap
:/
Nene Sakura
I play dt and none at the same time to farm more pp...Once you get accustomed to it,you can easily switch between ar8 to ar 10.3.(I cannot do lower or higher ar)
My Angel Jeremy

My Angel Jeremy wrote:

Fealthas wrote:

szkiller wrote:

Your low ar reading skills gets worse when you play a lot of DT because you are getting used to high ar.If you dont play nomod once a while during DT farming, you will lose your normal AR reading skill and you will have to play like a few days of nomod to get it back.
The aspect of reading in nomod is not used in DT as it is just a whack-a-mole simulator

My Angel Jeremy wrote:

Fealthas wrote:

szkiller wrote:

Your low ar reading skills gets worse when you play a lot of DT because you are getting used to high ar.If you dont play nomod once during DT farming, you will lose your normal AR reading skill and you will have to play like a few days of nomod to get it back.

My Angel Jeremy wrote:

Fealthas wrote:

szkiller wrote:

Your low ar reading skills gets worse when you play a lot of DT because you are getting used to high ar.If you dont play nomod once during DT farming, you will lose your normal AR reading skill and you will have to play like a few days of nomod to get it back.

Celine wrote:

hey have any of u ever heard of smth called playing dt properly

We don,t do that here