forum

Is mechanical keyboard "must have"?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dave251
Hello, I am not a mechanical keyboard user and I struggle with high BPM maps because I can't click fast enough even though I want. I just use too small force to activate keys. Is it because I'm just bad or are maps unplayable on higher BPM maps without a mechanical keyboard?
mihari
You do not need to have a mechanical keyboard. A lot of players still use a membrane keyboard, for example Yaong. He said that he feels like his accuracy is better with it. Mechanical keyboards are not needed at all. Just the anti-ghosting feature might be useful.
KupcaH
Nah, it is not. Although yes, it's more easy to play fast maps with mechanical keyboard, but it won't affect you most likely in anyway on your level yet.
Juuuuuuuuul
For sure you can make good sashimi with a butter knife, but it's easier with a better tool.
Implojin

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

For sure you can make good sashimi with a butter knife, but it's easier with a better tool.

Now I want to see a video of this
Juuuuuuuuul
it should be fun
Celine
yes i was 300k before i got my EPIC GAMING RGB OPTOMECHANICAL KEYBOARD and as soon as i buy it i can read ar11 and farm 9* passes!!!!
Implojin
I'm disappointed now, the only youtube results for butter knife sashimi were of people sharpening butter knives, which is still neat, but not as fun
Celine
idek what sashimi is tbh
JoeBidenMegaFan
not really I got one and I didn't notice much of a difference
The Gambler
Professional tools only help professionals, not amateurs. A mech KB is basically that.
mihari

The Gambler wrote:

Professional tools only help professionals, not amateurs. A mech KB is basically that.

I wouldn't call a mechanical keyboard a professional tool, it is as casual as it gets.
He could get a mechanical keyboard if he wanted to, it is enjoyable to use in everyday use such as typing as well as playing games / tapping on osu!.

If a "professional tool" is useful for you is not decided by if you are a professional or not, but by how you use said professional tool.