forum

Easy way to delete maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
Felecko
I think it would be great to make an easy way to delete maps.
Right now my osu folder is 262 GB but I am only playing standart osu and maps above 5* but most of these maps are from other osu that I will never play like taiko or mania that's taking a huge space on my hard disk and it would take me an eternity to just delete all the maps one by one.
Sorry for my bad english and I hope someone will do something about that.
JBHyperion
You can save a little space by typing "mode=t" (or c, or m) to highlight all taiko, catch or mania beatmaps. Then right click any beatmap and select the "Delete all visible beatmaps" option. This will only remove the .osu files, however, which are usually insignificantly small in size to other assets such as mp3 files and backgrounds.

As far as I'm aware there isn't presently a way to do what you're requesting however.
abraker
you can save a lot of space by going into the songs folder and searching up *.mp4 vids and the like and deleting them. I would do same for *.wav files since there are a lot of hitsound duplicates, but you need to be more careful with those if you care about hitsounds so you don't delete custom hitsounds in some maps.