forum

I can clear a 7*, but can't FC a 4*

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kepyyy
Okkkkaaaay soooo, yeah. I basically suck at the game while actually being quite ok for my rank, I mean I cleared some 7*, but I have a hard time at being consistant even in a short map !

I feel really uncomfortable with my tablet, I change it's position or my position relatively to it quite everytime there is a break in the map or when I ended/died to it..

And it's not that I just need to play more, because even when I play more (I already play quite a lot) it doesn't change anything, sometimes it's just worse !

I can change 18956415645674 times my grip in a hour just cuz I feel uncomfortable with my pen. And when I mean uncomfortable, I'm talking about the movements in corners, or in certain position of the screen, wich are not really known to be hard (typically the left or the right side of my screen are hard to deal with for me, though, the bottom or the top are just ok to play in...) So what I mean, is that I can play very well vertically, but sucks horizontally, and I think that's what is fucking up everything in my plays, I hope you guys got it :/

If anybody had this kind of problem, and got rid of it, tell me your secret, please :(
I want to be consistant and easily FC 4* (even 3* feels hard for me as my aim sucks because of this)

Thankks !!!
AceZephyrus
On your profile it says your playstyle is 'hovering'. Does this mean you hover your pen above your tablet? I used to do this when I was new and one day i found a setting that disables LMB when playing. IDK if you've tried this, but I saw immediate improvement when I changed to playing with my pen on my tablet.
UnnamedBeast
lack of practice play more 3-4* and get 99% accuracy on that please
Celine
i usually play ar10.3+ nightcore anime remix to increase my consistencey
vinnicci
If you really want want to clear 4*, stop playing dt for awhile and do them no mod.
Topic Starter
Kepyyy
Thanks for the replies

AceZephyrus wrote:

On your profile it says your playstyle is 'hovering'. Does this mean you hover your pen above your tablet? I used to do this when I was new and one day i found a setting that disables LMB when playing. IDK if you've tried this, but I saw immediate improvement when I changed to playing with my pen on my tablet.

I know that ^^ thanks :)

UnnamedBeast wrote:

lack of practice play more 3-4* and get 99% accuracy on that please

Very true, I almost always play hard map x)

Miraculous wrote:

i usually play ar10.3+ nightcore anime remix to increase my consistencey

I'll try

vinnicci wrote:

If you really want want to clear 4*, stop playing dt for awhile and do them no mod.

I assume you wanted to say FC 4* ^^ I'll do that :)
Rikii
Passing and FCing are two totally different things.

I would suggest focusing on playing 4-5* as right now for the case of pp gain, if you don't care about that then just play what you think as fun. Don't get me wrong playing not for pp will also improve you, maybe even better. Regardless, idc about HD mod, but try to play with higher diff mod if you feel that a map is too easy for you. HR will only train your aim, but not the skills that you will need later on. For DT, if thats your thing than use it.

As for playing with tablet, I have the same setting as what you have but instead with mouse mode :p
It is true tho that aiming horizontally is more difficult especially if you have a big small play area. But the play area itself is actually a square, so I usually try to move my wrist as little as possible when jumping from screen to screen.

Last but not least, P L A Y M O R E .
Topic Starter
Kepyyy
Hi everyone ! Little update, and a positive on :)

I finally found a comfortable position, and i'll try to not change, i'll keep playing "low stars" (quote bcuz 3-4-5* are actually normal for me) and improve my consistancy.

RikiStefano wrote:

It is true tho that aiming horizontally is more difficult especially if you have a big small play area. But the play area itself is actually a square, so I usually try to move my wrist as little as possible when jumping from screen to screen. [/b][/size] .

My area is not a square but a horizontal rectangle ^^ With "Force Aspect Ratio".
Vuelo Eluko
star diff has nothing to do with clearing
only measures the difficulty of hitting every object
not some of the objects, not even most of the objects, but all of them.
Topic Starter
Kepyyy

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

star diff has nothing to do with clearing
only measures the difficulty of hitting every object
not some of the objects, not even most of the objects, but all of them.

I needed something to illustrate my words, and still in general, star diff DOES have something to do with clearing, it is way easier to clear a 4* than a 7* depending on your rank, following the most commons properties of every map obviously (common HP, OD etc)
MonstoBusta2000
Sometimes, you gotta just step back. When I started, I over to 3* and then 4* before I even FCed anything other than the tutorial. Thankfully, I caught on to that a few months ago and can now FC most 3* maps and am starting to get higher scores on 4* maps. If you can do a difficulty way higher than what you can FC, then you aren’t improving in a way that will allow consistency. Step back a little and just work on improving your combos at easier maps.