forum

[resolved] Shader Model 1.1+ error on Mac

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShinyLucario17
Problem details: I have run osu! successfully in the past on Stable (Fallback), but as of now, I am no longer able to open osu! because of this error on start-up: "It appears that your graphics card does not support Shader Model 1.1+. If you have successfully run osu! in the past, this may mean that your graphics card is low on memory, in which case you should try closing some programs that are open or restarting you computer." I've tried both, and neither worked. I do not want to dish out the money for a new graphics card, so is there any alternative way to solve this?

Video or screenshot showing the problem: will be coming (osu! can only open on startup)

osu! version: Stable Fallback 20160403.6 (latest) (MAC WINE PACKAGE)
Death
Which mac release are you using? http://osx.ppy.sh has 4 downloads on it. If you happen to be using the Stable release, you might want to try using the unofficial update or alpha release instead.
Topic Starter
ShinyLucario17
The specific version was one that was still locked to Stable (Fallback). I tried a different version (the one which advertises that stable (latest) and cutting edge should work) but it still gives me the same error - but interestingly, I'm also stuck in an update loop.
Death
I believe this thread should address both of the issues you are having. There is a section in there for the update loop you are having (likely caused by discord-rpc.dll), and there are numerous other sections in there for troubleshooting the game not opening properly. Even though the "Shader Model 1.1+" message you are seeing isn't necessarily mention by name, some of those fixes may still work.
Topic Starter
ShinyLucario17
Sorry I haven't got back to you, but I redownloaded and changed out the discord-rpc.dll and it worked! Thanks for your help.