forum

So I got a tablet aaaand...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vSanguine
Got a G640, got it set up, got the Hawku drivers and a comfortable active area. No problems, it's flawless. Hasn't even been a day and I already have Cookiezi aim (jk, I still suck the same as mouse)

BUT

The problem is, now I got shit finger control. Like literally, my fingers will randomly stop moving and twitch in place (something that happened very rarely with mouse but is happening often now)

I think the reason 'may' be the following :-
I held my mouse in a weird fashion so that the angle of my arm at the elbow was always obtuse (Around 150 degrees)
and my left hand (which I tap with) somehow co-related with my right hand such that whenever the angle decreased past a certain point, my tapping would start getting messed up.

And now with my tablet, that angle is pretty much 90 degrees and I can't go obtuse cuz using the tablet feels hella weird with an obtuse angle.

Whaddya think? Could this be the reason? Or is this something every new tablet player goes through?
Rikii
I really can't imagine how you hold your mouse or pen. xD

Regardless, when I first switched to tablet, my tapping also got worse. That was because I was giving more effort to aiming so I kinda forgot(?) how to tap. It is a learnings curve, not something you're gonna master overnight.

So yeah, play more.
Topic Starter
vSanguine

RikiStefano wrote:

I really can't imagine how you hold your mouse or pen. xD

Regardless, when I first switched to tablet, my tapping also got worse. That was because I was giving more effort to aiming so I kinda forgot(?) how to tap. It is a learnings curve, not something you're gonna master overnight.

So yeah, play more.

I got ya. Nice to know I'm not alone. Ty! :)
mihari
You can't just learn tablet in a day. There is a certain learning curve to everything on earth.

Your brain is most likely focusing more on you aiming with your tablet as it is not used to it, it's a new thing for your brain. If you give it a week or two, chances are you are going to be just fine. Try to play stuff that you played with mouse, that should make learning it a bit easier.

Also: make sure that you got a tablet area that you feel comfortable with. If you don't know what your comfort tablet area might be, here's a little trick:

Watch a play on YouTube and grab a pencil and a piece of paper. When watching the play, drag the pencil around on the piece of paper as if you were to control the cursor. After that, draw a box around the lines you drew. Measure the sides of your box and translate that into your area.
Jewdiepie88
Yeah same here, after playing tablet for like a day i wasnt able to aim with mouse anymore. Like i couldnt even pass a 3 star map anymore :(
DXPOHIHIHI
when I first got my tablet I was shit, but after 10 minutes of getting used to the tab and area, bam new top.

that means your just really bad at tablet
dung eater

szkiller wrote:

when I first got my tablet I was shit, but after 10 minutes of getting used to the tab and area, bam new top.

It's also possible that you were just really bad at mouse.
Topic Starter
vSanguine

KSN wrote:

You can't just learn tablet in a day. There is a certain learning curve to everything on earth.

Your brain is most likely focusing more on you aiming with your tablet as it is not used to it, it's a new thing for your brain. If you give it a week or two, chances are you are going to be just fine. Try to play stuff that you played with mouse, that should make learning it a bit easier.

Also: make sure that you got a tablet area that you feel comfortable with. If you don't know what your comfort tablet area might be, here's a little trick:

Watch a play on YouTube and grab a pencil and a piece of paper. When watching the play, drag the pencil around on the piece of paper as if you were to control the cursor. After that, draw a box around the lines you drew. Measure the sides of your box and translate that into your area.

Aye, I got a comfortable tablet area and I think I've found the perfect grip as well. I've just slanted my tablet and hold the pen like a normal pen. So basically how you would write in a notebook. And since my tablet area is 2x1 inch (a bit less than that), It's pretty comfortable for my hand too.

Anyways thanks for the tip. I believe in 'playing more' myself. Just needed to confirm that I'm not the only one experiencing shit finger control with a new tablet xD

Also

jaaakb wrote:

szkiller wrote:

It's also possible that you were just really bad at mouse.

lmao gottem