forum

HR but without HP drain

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
10S10D10B
When going into a level, I usually turn on HR because, without it, I think the levels are pretty cluttered and I can play based on reaction because the circles appear at the right time without seeing the ring closing in (which is pretty slow). The only problem is that I die easily. Miss two circles? Die. I know I can edit the level but I don't know if there is an option to make me die less easily with HR.
Juuuuuuuuul
Use No-Fail.
Celine
Hit Accuracy: 85.6%
UnnamedBeast
play without ar, playing the game based on reaction will make you bad at it
abraker
But let's do talk about HP drain. It's a shitty mechanic.
Rikii

abraker wrote:

But let's do talk about HP drain. It's a shitty mechanic.

I have a neutral feeling about this. I am not bothered with how it works right now and high rate HP drain is just one of the characteristics of a map. But I do like the HP system on Taiko no Tatsujin better (idk how it works on osu!Taiko), that way players can experience the full course of he map without having to passing it.
Juuuuuuuuul
The only issue that i see with HP drain is the lack of rules about it in ranking criteria, and now we have aberrations,
maps that you can pass by litteraly spamming randomly, because it's set too low,
or stuff when if you got a few 100s/50s in a row you'll die in the next section even if doing a 99% acc fc run, because it's set too high.
HP can be set properly, but in a lot of maps, it's not done.

Anyway, i no longer care about it since i play only with NF now.
Celine
yes NF gang rise up
Ayesha Altugle
bruh just hit the circles ACCURATELY